Mineral Makeup- your thoughts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have checked out both websites. Thanks for the info. Both companies look like the products are top 'o the line. In Canada, it seems the only distributers for Jane Iredale are in Edmonton so that would be tricky to color match etc. That 'liquid foundation" looks really cool! I am still looking for the i.d. bare minerals in Canada (other than on our favorite... ebay!)

I too have fairly dry skin in some areas, I would hate to accentuate any lines I do have. I will keep this in mind when I am out 'mineral hunting'.

I haven't looked at the eyeshadows yet, just the basic foundation and blushers. I ALWAYS have trouble with the shadows creasing and /or not lasting very long. Can you comment on the eyecolors? I would also appreciate if one of you geeks could check out the Amore product to see what you think of it. Amore International - 100% natural mineral makeup, skin care, the ultimate gel nail system Go to the Color Sense link.

thx for the replies:)

Call/email Jane Iredale for Canadian distributors there will be many I am sure

Essential Day Spa in Vancouver is one I know of.

Colour matching for the foundation is essential to avoid a costly mistake although the colours sound similar to other brands they aren't always the same

hth's

I received samples from a company called lily lolo mineral cosmetics, I'm going to have a go with them tonight, the eyeshadows are gorgous and I was really suprised at the amount of samples I received, every colour and shade, I've heard good reviews of this company from a few of the american sites

After taking a closer look at the color fx line, I see that it is now sold in US and in the UK now. check out Cover FX Skin Care Inc. I did have a consult with this product yesterday and I was impressed, however I just read a review about it and the poster said that it contains talc. I will have to check and verify this for myself. Apparently you don't want the talc as it can be a carcinogen. I will keep doing the reseach.

I did find a few places that carry the Iredale line. There's one in Vancouver but like I said I'm not crazy about doing business through the mail. Hopefully I will go to Amore dis. later in the week to ask some questions about the Amore minerals. Oh I just had a thought... Olga (Amore Nail Educator in BC ... here I come)!

Anyone have anything to say about the eyeshadows? Are the shades vibrant? Long lasting? Do you need a primer?

I.d Bare escentuals is THE best IMO.
All the others have copied it,and its the ORIGINAL mineral make up dated way back to when it started in 1976 in sunny california.

Yoe see all the others now have gone onto the band wagon,but bare minerals has remained in its swirl tap buff method since the beginning,NO lanolin NO fillers NO binders No chemicals NO preservatives NO additives NO oils,just dewy unmade up skin thats enhanced by the minerals....hmmmmmi sshould be on a shopping chanell i think NOT...lol:eek:

I used to use ID bare minerals and have briefly used JI as well and to be honest the Krush brand i now use is cheaper and deffinately better.....still has no binders,chemicals, perservitives, additives or oils.

I was amazed that i found something better.

As far as a liquid foundation, the krush powder can be mixed equal parts with your moisturiser to make a liquid and they also sell a chemical free foundation base to mix with the powder to make the liquid if you dont want to use your own moisturiser.

:green:

Yes

Vani-t Krush 100% Natural Mineral Makeup for Team Spa also,

Cosmetics derived from Australian 100% natural soil resources.

So good you can sleep in it>>>>>> TRUE

Ideal Skin types.

Normal to Sensitve -
Use client consult/contra idication/s to evalute a treatment, always

XX J XX

I use the P8N8 Mineral colours. They're wonderful and have no bad ingredients at all. After reading that the make-up artists for Las Vegas use them, I couldn't resist and now I'm a convert. What's more I can use them in treatments as well. The Gold Rush facial is a favourite among my clients.

Where can you buy Jane Iredale products in the UK?

Hi I use it. Currently ID bare escentuals and before that Jane Iredale. The best thing about it, after the obvious benefits of being inert etc etc (all the sales talk!) is that it looks so natural but leaves your skin looking flawless not clogged and caked on with makeup. I recommend it, and remember if you dont get right colour you can blend different tones together to customise it.

Can people who suffer dry patches really wear minerals and look like they have flawless skin?
I hardly wear make up as I can't stand for my dry areas to be accentuated (sp) and usually made worse.
The look of dry skin makes me feel sick (can't help it! We all have our 'thing' don't we?!) and when it is attached to MY face!... well you can imagine:lol:

I have been kind of looking into these for a few weeks now, but am still a little dubious (sp) about the whole dry skin issue......... I have spent so much money to date on 'hydrating' liquid foundations etc, but everything I've tried makes it worse.

Can people who suffer dry patches really wear minerals and look like they have flawless skin?
I hardly wear make up as I can't stand for my dry areas to be accentuated (sp) and usually made worse.
The look of dry skin makes me feel sick (can't help it! We all have our 'thing' don't we?!) and when it is attached to MY face!... well you can imagine:lol:

I have been kind of looking into these for a few weeks now, but am still a little dubious (sp) about the whole dry skin issue......... I have spent so much money to date on 'hydrating' liquid foundations etc, but everything I've tried makes it worse.

Your problem is probably not related to type of foundation (although this does contribute), what is your skin care regime? do you exfoliate regularly? what product line are you using to cleanse with?

Gelly,

I normally have that issue with foundation (in particular powder foundation) it would go really dry around my T zone but not with the mineral make up

I use the powder foundation everyday and it doesnt dry out my skin at all. Quite the opposite actually, leaves it really silky and soft :green:

I'm still reading all the replies and taking it all in. I stopped by the wholesalers and had a peek at the Amore line. It sounds and looks good, I think I'll book in for a make up application lesson and then go from there. Once you key in makeup minerals, the Google gods really deliver!! :)

Latest posts

Back