Mobile Phones Vs Blackberry etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had a boring old samsung for 23 months now, and although I could've up graded, I just CANNOT find a phone I like.

I WOULD like a Blackberry as I am trying to organise my bookings without carrying around a great big appointment book, but who does this and what does everyone have?

I there a good phone out at the moment - Am waiting for the Samsung Omnia i900 that looks cool.

Can you tell me what phone's you all have and any extra features / benefits for us working class geeks!!

Carly x

I have a BlackBerry and I often wonder how the heck I lived without it!!! It does *everything*!!! I can receive emails, view website, respond to things on forums, organise my life - just about everything!!! I love the organiser that it has on it. I can sms, mms or email any of my contacts (provided I've filled out their details).

Also, once when I was on route to a restaurant but was running late I used my BlackBerry to access the restaurant's website, went to 'contact us', hovered over the telephone number and it popped up with "do you want to call this number?" so I just hit 'yes' and it called the number. Bloody brilliant!

Can't live without it......................

PS - also meant to say that you can have multiple email addresses on a BlackBerry and it's all really easy to set up. After all it has to be 'manager-proof' if you see what I mean! :lol:

I have a BlackBerry and I often wonder how the heck I lived without it!!! It does *everything*!!! I can receive emails, view website, respond to things on forums, organise my life - just about everything!!! I love the organiser that it has on it. I can sms, mms or email any of my contacts (provided I've filled out their details).

Also, once when I was on route to a restaurant but was running late I used my BlackBerry to access the restaurant's website, went to 'contact us', hovered over the telephone number and it popped up with "do you want to call this number?" so I just hit 'yes' and it called the number. Bloody brilliant!

Can't live without it......................

PS - also meant to say that you can have multiple email addresses on a BlackBerry and it's all really easy to set up. After all it has to be 'manager-proof' if you see what I mean! :lol:

Have to second everything said here! I've got a BB Pearl and I don't know how I lived without mine either! It's fantastic and so easy to use. It doesn't look like a traditional BB either, it looks just like a mobile phone.
My contract is due for renewal in December, so goona get myself one of those pink ones then! :)

I've got an O2 XDA, which is brilliant. It is just like using Windows, and even has Word and Excel on ot. I have difficulties with the joints in my fingers, so I love the fact that it is a touch screen phone with a wand, rather than having to use fiddly buttons. However, I do know other people who think this would get on their nerves. Also, the fact that it's a touch screen means it has a full QWERTY keyboard, and handwriting recogniser.

I would highly recommend it.

Have to second everything said here! I've got a BB Pearl and I don't know how I lived without mine either! It's fantastic and so easy to use. It doesn't look like a traditional BB either, it looks just like a mobile phone.
My contract is due for renewal in December, so goona get myself one of those pink ones then! :)

Yep, mine's a Pearl too. LOVE IT!

It's weird but only a few years ago I was wondering how I'd managed to live without a mobile before... now I'm wondering how I lived without my BlackBerry Pearl! :green:

I've just got a Blackberry Curve and I absolutely love it! I have the memory of a very stupid goldfish which means I forget to take my diary out with me all the time and I can never remember who is booked in for when, or what but with my BB I can plug it in immdiately which is fab! Of course it seems to only have diary times until 5pm and my appointments tend t be in the evenings so tht is a problem but tbh I have only had it since tuesdaya and there are many things I haven't worked out on it yet! I am having much much much fun playing! Lx

Are these expensive to run,
how much do they roughly cost you per month,
feel free to PM this info if you would prefer :hug:

I had the BB pearl and I have to say they're very good but am using the iphone at the moment which is also nice to use, diary is very good too

want to know how much it actually costs.
At the moment I pay £10 for pay as you go, but what lasted 4 weeks is now lasting me 3 weeks.

I had a Blackberry Pearl when I was on contract and absolutely LOVED it. The contacts book was very simple and kept everything you needed; I even kept color formulas in the "notes" section for clients. I especially loved the e-mail feature for booking appointments while maintaining a "Professional" image, if you get what I mean... The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't sync up my hotmail to it, but that's hotmail's fault, not my dear Blackberry's. :love: However, gmail worked just fine.

Unfortunately, I stupidly lost it before I had a chance to switch over to a UK network, but I probably would have gone with a sim only plan from O2 and added a data bolt-on. It seems that, with most Pay As You Go Plans I've seen here, data transfer can get to be really expensive. Sure, a quid a day doesn't seem like much, but after 30 days, the monthly cost is ridiculous!

Go with the BlackBerry! You will love yourself for it!!!

I have a BlackBerry Curve and OMG I couldnt be without it now. It could easily be used for your client appointments. And you can change the time in the diary to put evening appointments in too!

The email and internet are invaluable to me - it has made my life so much easier getting emails on the move, and I love the Qwerty keyboard - I personally find texting a lot easier now! Plus the Facebook application is great!! :lol:

I am on Vodafone and if you go direct they do have deals etc if you haggle a bit.

Are these expensive to run,
how much do they roughly cost you per month,
feel free to PM this info if you would prefer :hug:

Mine is on contract with T-mobile and I've been a customer for around 5 years. They did a really good deal for me, including the data pack which you have to have with a blackberry, all for about £23 a month, and I rarly go over. Not sure what the cost would be on PAYG.

The only thing I don't know if you can do with the Pearl is delete all your text messages in one go. I could do that with my old Nokia's and Sony's but don't appear to be able to with this :irked:

xx

Mine is on contract with T-mobile and I've been a customer for around 5 years. They did a really good deal for me, including the data pack which you have to have with a blackberry, all for about £23 a month, and I rarly go over. Not sure what the cost would be on PAYG.

The only thing I don't know if you can do with the Pearl is delete all your text messages in one go. I could do that with my old Nokia's and Sony's but don't appear to be able to with this :irked:

xx
Thank you xxx

I've just got a iphone and I love it! Fantastic to use and was free on 02!

I have a PDA (electronic organizer) that is SEPERATE from my phone.
My Agenda had gotten too small when I had to keep track of: clients, tball, school events, preschool events, my dr appointments, kids appointments, birthdays, etc..
I was OVERWHELMED.

I bought mine on EBAY. It's a refurbished model. Paid 80$ and LOVE it! (new, at the time, it would have been over $300 for the same model).
It's compatible with Outlook and MS OFFice and so I can 'back' it up to my computer, including the contacts list which is awesome.

It's also great for storing pictures to show to clients ideas of what their nails can have in terms of nail art, and sharing pictures of my family/kids with friends.

I can't live without it.
I wouldn't like a blackberry though, because, how do you "look" at your agenda, scrolling through different available spots for your client to see which she prefers and enter information, while at the same time talking to the client?
That wouldn't work for me. Would drive me insane:!:

I'd rather lose my cellphone than my PDA, put it that way. Love it THAT much.
I can set reminder alarms from a number of minutes, or a number of days or months ahead of the 'event'. There's a 'to do' task list that I can use too... tonnes of things. I have solitaire in it for if I'm sitting somewhere waiting and bored out of my skull. I can also download other games if I wanted. Do NOT take it away from me. LOL

This is what I have: Palm - Products - Palm E2 handheld

hth's

thats the question that was puzzleing me
how do you talk on the phone and book the appoinment at the same time?

I'll try to do it tomorrow on my Pearl. It's charging atm. Have to say I've never tried even with my new fangled technology, I still use old fashioned pencil and diary :)

Mine is on O2 and it costs £45 a month all in (this includes a £10 a month internet bundle). Anhoos for this I get 600 minutes and 500 texts and so far I'm nowhere near using all these up a month - but then my business hasn't taken off yet!

I think it's a really good deal. I got it from Carphone Warehouse just before Christmas last year and they threw in a Nintendo Wii that I got just before Christmas which made a perfect Christmas pressie for my other half! RESULT! :green:

:hug:

I've got an O2 XDA, which is brilliant. It is just like using Windows, and even has Word and Excel on ot. I have difficulties with the joints in my fingers, so I love the fact that it is a touch screen phone with a wand, rather than having to use fiddly buttons. However, I do know other people who think this would get on their nerves. Also, the fact that it's a touch screen means it has a full QWERTY keyboard, and handwriting recogniser.

I would highly recommend it.

I have this same phone but T-Mobile call it an MDA Vario II it's okay but i had the Blackberry pearl for a year before it and the Blackberry was better as the emails popped up automatically like texts rather than having to send/retrieve!

My contract is due up in a few months and i'm going to get the Iphone, hopefully it'll be just as good x

A girl on my course has just got an i-phone and although she's not had chance to play, she thinks it's great. X
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back