Mobile Phones Vs Blackberry etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the T-mobile MDA touch (not the new one with the slidey buttons) and to be honest, its been more trouble than enought... Its been with T-mobile than it has been with me, its away gettin fixed as we speak!! The screen freezes all the time, this time i can get any reception on it, but the wifi still works... So i am using my boyfriends old phone, its still a touch screen but its a pile of pap compared to mine.

As it brakes all the time, i cant afford to keep my appointments on, but with it having windows on, u use it as a mini laptop when i am away from home.

I will be getting an Iphone next!!

thats the question that was puzzleing me
how do you talk on the phone and book the appoinment at the same time?

The speaker is awesome! Very clear, not to loud, and you don't have to speak loudly yourself... Or this could be an occasion where the Bluetooth Ear Beetle is actually useful!

just to bump this thread up!!
How sis everyone get on with their I phone?

I'm currently looking for this type of phone to use instead of my filofax
There are so many to choose from

I do love the I phone but I've got such mixed feed back either people love it or hate it!!!

I love the fact it can be used as an Ipod too
Two birds with one stone as I want an Ipod forr my salon but then I had this thought what happens if you're in the middle of a massage, phone in the docking station playing some relaxing tunes and then someone rings you,
would it start to ring or if the phone is on silent would the musice cut out??
has anyone used their phone in this way?

Anyone got the new Blackberry storm?

I think it's my age but the phones are all soo confusing!!!
Any feed back would be appriecated

I have an i-phone and love it to bits, but I am also mac user, and it all works together beautifully. (Although it does work with a PC but I dont know how simple it is to get them both working together if you know what I mean).

You can do loads on an iphone. I can pick up my emails, if I change a contact on my phone it changes it on my address book on my mac (via wifi) same with the calender, the internet is handy ie standing outside somewhere like comet and want to check the price of say a tumble dryer at tescos direct. Not to mention all the music, photo's etc you can get on it.

The only things you cant do are send or receive picture messages (but you can email them) or forward a text. But thats little compared to what you can do.

If you were using your iphone in your salon to play music you would switch it on to airplane mode. therefore the music wouldnt be interrupted.

What can I say Im a gadget gal, and the iphone is my greatest gadget yet.

I have an i-phone and love it to bits, but I am also mac user, and it all works together beautifully. (Although it does work with a PC but I dont know how simple it is to get them both working together if you know what I mean).

You can do loads on an iphone. I can pick up my emails, if I change a contact on my phone it changes it on my address book on my mac (via wifi) same with the calender, the internet is handy ie standing outside somewhere like comet and want to check the price of say a tumble dryer at tescos direct. Not to mention all the music, photo's etc you can get on it.

The only things you cant do are send or receive picture messages (but you can email them) or forward a text. But thats little compared to what you can do.

If you were using your iphone in your salon to play music you would switch it on to airplane mode. therefore the music wouldnt be interrupted.

What can I say Im a gadget gal, and the iphone is my greatest gadget yet.

Totally agree I have an iphone and it amazed me how much it does

I have a blackberry curve and I absolutely LOVE it. You have to be patient at first and not try to figure out everything in a day. It is very user friendly and basically like carrying a tiny laptop. I use it for everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've often wondered about a BlackBerry, but the fact that it goes through Canada and as such they have the right to access all of your data puts me off a bit. Not that I have anything to hide, far from it, but the feeling that the authorities are stealing my democracy leaves me cold.
Big Brother is listening in...

I've often wondered about a BlackBerry, but the fact that it goes through Canada and as such they have the right to access all of your data puts me off a bit. Not that I have anything to hide, far from it, but the feeling that the authorities are stealing my democracy leaves me cold.
Big Brother is listening in...

I don't know anything about this!!
Are they allowed to do this?

I was the IT manager for CORGI for 3 years and it was for this reason alone that we decided to use smartphones and not BlackBerries.

Wow how scary
I was going to sign up for a balckberry storm yesterday but I'm not now
Def not you just don't know who's listening to your business!!!

I was thinking about getting a blackberry for my next phone but I recently saw on TV a Nokia that looks similar - the E61. I'm going to check that out as well. I love my Nokias so this could be the option rather than the blackberry. I carry my phone everywhere and make all my appointments through it (Nokia N73) so I want to upgrade with a proper keyboard.

I was considering the iphone until I heard you can't MMS.

I have been thinking about a phone like this, but to be honest, technology left me behind about 7 years ago! Can someone recommend a site that does a good comparison with what features are available, that's easy for technophobes like wot I am?

Latest posts

Back