Mobile techs/therapists - How far do you go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How far will you travel for a client?

• Local only

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 5-10 miles

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • 10-20 mile

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • As far as is worthwhile

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

magsham

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I'm mobile and have started to get calls from further a field for nail and beauty treatments. The latest one was today for a new set of L&P but she's 40 miles away. I don't like to travel too far from home because i have small children and work in the eves, so she's well out of my area, but my question is how far is too far? xx:)

PS, if anyone would like a new client in Feltham, please pm me your number and i'll give it to her. xx

Last edited:
Hi Geeks

I'm mobile and have started to get calls from further a field for nail and beauty treatments. The latest one was today for a new set of L&P but she's 40 miles away. I don't like to travel too far from home because i have small children and work in the eves, so she's well out of my area, but my question is how far is too far? xx:)

I go anywhere! but I dont have children so I'm lucky! :)

Mmmmmm! 40 miles is a bit much!!! It depends on how much they were going to spend, if they were having several treatments, then it may be financially worth it! I'll be mobile in the summer & I was thinking 10 miles max!!?

I would only travel 5-10 miles for mobile work no further.

i suppose it would depend on how much the client is spending eg party booking then yes i would concider it but i do hair as well

i have voted 10-20 but that is purely because i live rurally. a max of 15 would be ok, after 20 the petrol cost eats into ur money as well as ur time.

I go wherever in reason. Though I get free petrol! :D

Because I live in a built up area I don't go by the mileage. I work out how long it would take me to drive at that particular time (obviously quicker in evenings than daytime) and have set a limit at 20 mins each way. Will go 30 mins if it's worth my while ie. party booking.

I go ten miles tops otherwise it's just not worth it.x

I cover a massive area due to my family and boyfriend living 35 miles away.. but i normally work my way down to wherever i'm going .. so it works well for me .. (when it goes to plan.. lol)
x

I am also mobile and 40 miles is just ridiculous!
Unless she pays extr for your travel TIME, as in that time you can do another client I work on zones if you in my zone yes if not pay extra if its 2 zones away - sorry call someone else.

I do roughly a 12 miles radius from where i live. When thinking of area and mileage, you have to think what would happen if someone wants a single repair?

I charge people £10 for a call out if it is for a single repair, but will only charge for a single repair if they come to me. (£3.50) Most people will then come to me, or wait for their next appointment. Also helps them to look after them better.

Latest posts

Back