More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it might be mailchimp. Google it. :)

Think is saw something on here a out sending group emails to clients (mail shots?) now I can't find it! I think someone put a link to a website that helps you set it up? Confused lol. Can anyone point me in the right direction? X

The best one I've found for that so far is MailChimp - Email Marketing and Email List Manager | MailChimp - they offer a free service too, which should be enough to cater for most therapists or single salons (as opposed to chains of salons).

Thank you Ruth xx

Pinterest is a great way to promote your business, in fact we know that beauty, hair and nail based pictures are among some of the most repinned topics.

There is a free Pinterest webinar happening on 15th November at 7pm.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7819252053860558592

There is lots of great stuff on it, including how to get pins to direct people back to your website or facebook page.

Dont worry if you cant make it live, sign up anyway and you will get sent a recording of the webinar.

Happy Pinning!

Sorry everyone! Put the 14th and it should have been the 15th!

Thank you Lynn for a amazing thread! Nice to have people like you help us little fishes get big!

I've just started out home based, and the ideas I've read on here are priceless!

I've been through all 25 pages taken notes, and going to start my marketing!

Thank you so much!
You do know, don't you, that I have a home salon - and I'm just a tiddler too!

No I didn't know!

Wow you do all this from home?!

Now you have really inspired me, can't wait to get started 😃

I do indeed, as well as run a beauty distribution company too!

Amazing!

The ideas you have given has given me so much to think about.

I've just opened 2 weeks ago.
Been telling people for over a month. Had my first client yesterday (my friend!).

I'm contacting all schools, hotels, hairdresser etc.

When you contact them by email, how do you word your services?
And do offer the % off voucher if they advertise for you.

Or do you just send out a stack of leaders with covering letter.

Never done anything like this so want to go about the professional way of doing things.

I AM a big salon! I just have it at home! I'm busy all the time, and I project a very professional image. You've just proved my point; if you come across as highly professional, well respected, in demand and in charge, that's how you'll be perceived.
Try it!

Very inspirational to hear you are home based and can still make it big! Xx

Best thread ever, thank you everyone xx

I am only half way through this thread & wanted to say what a fantastic group of people! Big thanks to Lynne especially, you seem a very determined & ambitious business woman :)

I am new to salon geek although 7 years qualified in beauty/nails.
I will be taking the huge step of working for myself full time next year (home based) & all your tips have been great! I started around 6 months ago alongside my full time salon job & have done a few things to get my name out there. I have limited myself as didn't want to have to turn away potential clients.

It has so far been an amazing experience & given me the confidence to take that last huge leap! I've had 1000 fliers printed (very cheaply!) on vistaprint & will be dragging out my friends & family to post them in my local area.
I am so excited to finally be on my way to achieving my dreams :)

Once I have a leave date I will come back & check all things off my to do list ;)

Thanks again everyone xx

As we're all 'appy with phone apps (see what I did there?!) Here's a new app specifically for hair and beauty salons. It costs £150 for a lifetime listing (although I'm sure you could negotiate it down if you're cheeky enough!) and I've no doubt that it will become the go-to app for finding great salons.
Find a Beauty Salon | Hair & Beauty Finder

They also have a facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/HairBeautyFinder?ref=ts&fref=ts
You can download the app for free from the app store and see where your competitors are!

Enjoy!

Sorry if this has already been said - there are a lot of pages here!

My local radio stations will announce events like open evenings, xmas sales etc for free, all I do is email in and they'll mention it in their what's on section.
Also one of my local stations is a not for profit organisation and if you have a radio advert they'll play it for something like £1 a time.

I was thinking of getting them to play one for me 2 times a day during the week, one at around 8:45 and one at 5:15 (work traffic ;p) and then a couple times during the weekend.

I AM a big salon! I just have it at home! I'm busy all the time, and I project a very professional image. You've just proved my point; if you come across as highly professional, well respected, in demand and in charge, that's how you'll be perceived.
Try it!

This thread is amazing and has really helped me to promote my business. I have a home salon too and what you have achieved Lynne with your business is very inspiring and just goes to show that just because you are a home salon doesnt mean you have to play it small :hug: xx

Last edited:
As we're all 'appy with phone apps (see what I did there?!) Here's a new app specifically for hair and beauty salons. It costs £150 for a lifetime listing (although I'm sure you could negotiate it down if you're cheeky enough!) and I've no doubt that it will become the go-to app for finding great salons.
Find a Beauty Salon | Hair & Beauty Finder

They also have a facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/HairBeautyFinder?ref=ts&fref=ts
You can download the app for free from the app store and see where your competitors are!

Enjoy!

I just had a peek and they have their prices listed as £200 for one year's listing. Just to let everyone know.

Maybe they had a boost, lol.

I've messaged them, so i'll let you know what comes back.

Do you have a membership with them Lynne? xx

I just had a peek and they have their prices listed as £200 for one year's listing. Just to let everyone know.

Maybe they had a boost, lol.

I've messaged them, so i'll let you know what comes back.

Do you have a membership with them Lynne? xx

Yes please :) keep us updated x

Latest posts

Back