My 2nd try and new nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelios

Reaction score
Hi,
this is my 2nd try-already 3 weeks on without any problem.
LCN Fibrique, LCN Colorgel Frozen Martini, sealed with LCN Solution.
Nailart: Diamond Dust, Glitter, Sticker, Opal Crush-every finger a slightly other color by mixing some color pigments pink, peach, green, blue with the Frozen Martini. The thumbs are just white.
In my album you can also see my right hands.

Thank you again for any kind of comment and advice/help.

P.S.: :green: this weekend I will do my 3rd try-if I only could make up my mind what design to choose!!!

Last edited:
...obviousely my 2nd try made no "impression" at all.
Or is it so bad that every body is just..... :cry: ???- but as I said, give it to me, I can handle!

As I am new here and still dont know the "Unspoken Forum Rules" - how should I "interprete" no comments at all?
I promise, I will never ask again - thanks!!!:o

Hello !!! Right I will have to say I'm not keen. Its to busy for me and I'm not sure that the colour is right for your skin tone. I had alook at the other pictures and I much prefered the first one you did !

xx

Hello !!! Right I will have to say I'm not keen. Its to busy for me and I'm not sure that the colour is right for your skin tone. I had alook at the other pictures and I much prefered the first one you did !

xx

Yes, you are right-it actually became "more busy as planned". Trying to hide the "see through free edges" of my NN.
I thought it looks good on my very tanned skin - but, of course, not everybodys taste.

Thank you very much for looking and your comment-I really appreciate.:)

BTW: why are you so froggy angry - hope its not about my nails ??? Can I help somehow???

Last edited:
...obviousely my 2nd try made no "impression" at all....
thanks!!!:o

Chelios, if you just go down 'the critiques' section you will see that there are other pics without a comment. Some of them good, other - not so good. It's not always you or what you do. Sometimes people just don't feel like giving feedback for quite different reasons, or don't know how to frame it either good or bad.

From what I can see your art is decent for a beginner. It obviously doesn't have that finished look that the art of more esperienced nail-designers has.
But I think that if you keep practicing your art will be fine. :hug:

Yes, and I second catsaremad about the colours.
Not exactly right combination.

Ok ris,
I think I begin to understand -
you are right. Everytime I have finished a design I say to myself "ok, but something is still missing, not exactly as I imagined"...etc - iykwim?
But if that "finish" comes with practice as you said- I will do so!

Thanks a lot for your help-I really appreciate.:hug:

Ok I originally posted a reply to this critique but went on to delete it, after a bit of thought I feel I was wrong to delete it.

:rolleyes:Personally I feel you are not getting posts due to the fact you are not trained you are using products which you have no idea how to use properly and the majority of Professionals on this site have spent many years and thousands of £$ or whatever to achieve a high standard of training.

If you like doing nails as you seem to go out get the correct training and progress that way.
Im sorry if you find this harsh but I know many others agree.

:rolleyes:Personally I feel you are not getting posts due to the fact you are not trained you are using products which you have no idea how to use properly and the majority of Professionals on this site have spent many years and thousands of £$ or whatever to achieve a high standard of training.

You have a point here. There is a difference between a training and no training.

Yet, I critiqued :green:.

There is a difference between a training and no training.

Yet, I critiqued :green:.
Sorry ris but you need to explain this as I dont understand what you mean:confused:

I personaly dont see a problem if she is only using the products on herself, as long as she intends to train before using them on anyone else.

Ok I originally posted a reply to this critique but went on to delete it, after a bit of thought I feel I was wrong to delete it.

If you like doing nails as you seem to go out get the correct training and progress that way.
Im sorry if you find this harsh but I know many others agree.

No Klassy Klaws, I find it not harsch at all. This point of view is not new for me, and I really can comprehend until a certain point. Thats why I really appreciate every comment I got-so please dont get me wrong either.

I certainly am trained and very well-just not at an outdoor "salon/school/seminar" etc. Because I have a complicated situation here which does not allow me to leave home for more than 1 day. I was also learning Spanish, Italian and Greek this way, for what I got my official Europeanwide Degrees.
In the nail field I am trained by D.Schoon´s book, by the companies about the products and tools I use and also made the according conversation courses, using the books, DVD´s... of the best Nail Artists/Designer worldwide...etc.-only to mention some of my activities, plus learning a lot by reading at several Nail Forums.

What I dont know is, if and how much all that expensive and time consuming training is efficient. So I posted at Critique to get some professional opinions about the result, "my done work"-not (so much) about my training method. As I understand at Critique you can vote for 2 different fields-technical issues and "matters of taste" as well. I think I am able to separate these two criterions and take the following comments accordingly. And for me it is add. great fun-to find out and see how I am growing-just for myself, I am not going "professional".

...just like the title says:..."learning from the Best".....:hug:
As long someone is commenting, of course.
Thank you for hearing me out.

I personaly dont see a problem if she is only using the products on herself, as long as she intends to train before using them on anyone else.

You can be sure about that-:) I have no intension to go professional!
Add.: you should not turn your hobby into a job!
I already have a 16houresjob/day with animals-and I love it!

Thanks a lot for your comment - :hug:

Latest posts

Back