My first set of salon stiletto nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I posted a while ago a question as to whether techs find stilettoes a salon viable nail. I said then that I would have a go at them and so today I did.

So here they are, up for evaluation.

Excuses out of the way first....this is my first full set, I've only ever done the odd nail before. I used CND opaque neutral powder, this was the first time I have ever used this powder, I booked out 3 hours and they took me 2 hours 45 mins, fag break included. I didn't have time to examine and refine too much as my next client was waiting, so these nails went out the door as I left them. Plus, I never had time to take the photos myself, I haven't even seen them properly yet, until this moment, god help me lol, these nails are raw!

If I were to do these as salon nails I would have to charge at least £70 for them as a full set.....maybe a practice/timing thing.

So, I am looking for constructive advice from all you stilettoists out there.

Thank you xxx

Attachments

• vevetty2.jpg
    vevetty2.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 132,482
  • DSCN0252.jpg
    DSCN0252.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 926
i really like them! what a transformation:hug:

Ooh, that middle finger is well dodge lol!

I think you have done a good job, The only thing I noticed was the middle finger nail looks slight to one side.
Well done :hug:

Ooh, that middle finger is well dodge lol!

Lol you posted at the same time I commented lol thank god it aint my eyes then :lol:

Lol you posted at the same time I commented lol thank god it aint my eyes then :lol:
No, not your eyes, a we bit more of a file would have sorted that. xxx

Do you think they look like stilettoes or almonds?

No, not your eyes, a we bit more of a file would have sorted that. xxx

Do you think they look like stilettoes or almonds?

They look inbetween stilettoes and almond I think they wouldn't be practical if they were too long and pointed :)

Well Cathie I think these are an amazing transformation,
This shape as totally changed the whole appearance of the hands from what I can see
I am going by the first picture as on the second the nails do look squiffy but your clients fingers aren't straight on this one each fingertip is in a different direction so this will automatically throw the look of the nails off..
(I know from my own picture frustration lol)

I do think imo for a stiletto shape the tips would need to be more of a sharp point but for every day wear this shape is MUCH nicer looking and more practical
It softens the look of the 'stiletto' rather than making them look quite aggressive iykwim.
I think the pinkie looks more almond though, so maybe a sweep either side of that one :hug:

I LOVE the shape of your smile lines I can never do deep smiles like that.
I think any little flaws I could see (and only because I am deliberately looking for them btw) you could see too...
But no one studies nails like a nail tech does lol...
my first thought as soon as the pic opened was WOW !!!!

So yep I think they look gorgeous

Thank you Emma, my business is salon nails, p/w in the main, so on an every day basis, this was well outside of my comfort zone.

I used the reverse application as I extended the beds probably by about 5mm, so much easier to get a deep smile this way I find.

The model is Vetty, thanks Vetster for letting me play on your nails! x

~~Emms stands next in the queue for some nails ~~
I would Love another geek to do me some nails like these
It takes me about 5 hours to do my own, then I usually snap one within an hour because I got ''file happy' lol

Wow Cathie, I really love them. Stilettos are normally a tad more pointy but for salon wearable/friendly nails this shape I think is perfect and what a client could deal with. I cannot add to what else has been said. Great job :hug:

Wonder who Vetty will be stabbing tonight? :lol:

Cathie, these are really lovely
i would love a set like these!

Lovely...nail bed extension is great

I am going by the first picture as on the second the nails do look squiffy but your clients fingers aren't straight on this one each fingertip is in a different direction so this will automatically throw the look of the nails off..

Got to love my squiffy fingers, the middle one haed been broken so the top part is slightly twisted!!! It does mean that my nails always look wonky from one angle or another!

The model is Vetty, thanks Vetster for letting me play on your nails! x

Any time, I love my nails and it was great to see you xx

Wonder who Vetty will be stabbing tonight? :lol:

Mainly myself :green:!!! Typing is a nightmare, and I get my fingers stuck when I undo my jeans, lol!!!

Lovely...nail bed extension is great

Oh to have been born with long nail beds........:)

These look absolutely great xxxx

Lol 2 of my mates have squiffy fingers.
One had the tip bit off by her dog (accident not vicious lol) now her finger looks twisted and her nail grows slightly off center,
and the other had an accident when she was little so that nail never looks right compared to all the others,

I have bent ring fingers, It looks really weird if I put my hand out flat... like its trying to escape all the others lmao :green:
I have to just 'take the nail with it' if I try to correct it , it looks even worse lol,
No one looking normally would probably notice but Once I point it out they are like 'ooooo god yeah it IS wonky' lol

I agree with you on the long nail bed thing, I HATE my little nail beds... praise the lord for custom blending I say !!!

They are lovely Vetty I bet you're chuffed with um'

I love these nails!!
Very stylish, and a great shape.
What colours did you use on the tip Cathie because I love the effect.

It's always great to see before and after photos.

Love 'em!

Thanks for all your input guys :hug:

I love these nails!!
Very stylish, and a great shape.
What colours did you use on the tip Cathie because I love the effect.
Izzi, I double dipped the black one and Roll out the Red Carpet (in that order) from the EzFlow Walk of Fame collection and sculpted it out. I think the red shows up more in real life!

I suspected it may be roll out the red carpet....lush I love'em!!!Another couple of sets, and you will be banging them out in less than 2 hours lol!!!That Vetty would have been chatting too much and keeping you back ;)

Latest posts

Back