My first set of white tips..on me !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADP

Reaction score
I'm learning and usually stick to my practise hand, but wanted to try white tips on me ... the right hand turned out better than the left imo..which is weird because I'm right handed..

Anyway, the only way I will learn is from criticism...I've only been on my acrylic course 2 weeks

oops...looks like I was too eager to photograph them, I hadn't cleaned up properly !

there really good considering you been doing this only 2 weeks the whites are a bit low down this is the affect you get if you use tips on someone with a short nail bed to.

really good !!!!

is 5 the best ????:rolleyes:

Thankyou !
I agree with the tips being far down, although I don't bite my nails, they took quite a battering Dec/Jan as I had been ill, and so I thought go a bit lower and they would be sturdier, not sure if I have the correct theory

I appreciate your feedback XxxX

I am a professional for some 12 years. I have also been teaching for 2. It is a pleasure when your student has a real knack for nails and is not just something he/she wants to learn to make a few bucks. As a 2 week student I give you an A. I had students that at 1 month could not do what you did. Practise makes perfect and with this kind of effort you will soon be. Keep up the good work. :!:

I agree with the tips being far down, although I don't bite my nails, they took quite a battering Dec/Jan as I had been ill, and so I thought go a bit lower and they would be sturdier, not sure if I have the correct theory
The less tip on the nail and more product equals a stronger enhancement as it's not the tip that adds strength, but your product :wink2:

One thing I would say to watch out for is your sidewall refinement, you need to do more.

You're doing really well :green:

i agree with whats been said about the sidewalls and i agree about the white tips although they may look different from the front angle but i dont feel they flatter you nails.i have a few pics in my album of my friends nails who i elongated there nail beds using white tips and a coverage powder as she is a nail biter.
i also think that you need to add abit more product to zones 2&3 as some of them look a little flat.
my nails werent like this after 2weeks so well done you have made a great start.x

I am a professional for some 12 years. I have also been teaching for 2. It is a pleasure when your student has a real knack for nails and is not just something he/she wants to learn to make a few bucks. As a 2 week student I give you an A. I had students that at 1 month could not do what you did. Practise makes perfect and with this kind of effort you will soon be. Keep up the good work. :!:
Thankyou so much !
I'm fine with all the advice, it's the only way I will learn, but you've made me feel good suggesting I may have the knack!

The less tip on the nail and more product equals a stronger enhancement as it's not the tip that adds strength, but your product :wink2:

One thing I would say to watch out for is your sidewall refinement, you need to do more.

You're doing really well :green:
Thankyou. You see...i didn't know that about the less tip and more product making it stronger...thankyou, I will remember that

i agree with whats been said about the sidewalls and i agree about the white tips although they may look different from the front angle but i dont feel they flatter you nails.i have a few pics in my album of my friends nails who i elongated there nail beds using white tips and a coverage powder as she is a nail biter.
i also think that you need to add abit more product to zones 2&3 as some of them look a little flat.
my nails werent like this after 2weeks so well done you have made a great start.x
Again, thankyou so much for sharing your experience. I will definitely look at your album when I get home from work, that sounds really interesting, I don't want to overload my brain so early, but elongating the nail bed sounds like a good idea.
I have to say, I do think they look a little better from the front angle, but didn't see where i could post more pics, so chose that one to get feedback on the C curve and sidewalls etc. I've got to learn to not be scared of that brush when it has the product on it, but to control it, again, practise I guess is the key.

To all: I really appreciate you all taking the time to give me constructive criticism, this has been a massive help XxxX

2 weeks of training!!! very impressive !!!! There are couple of mistakes but all we are just a human being... it is easier for me to show were your mistake are but geeks are already said everything while I was drawing so i'll put it just in case:).... Lovely job!!!!!
e9b079f24834.jpg

2 weeks of training!!! very impressive !!!! There are couple of mistakes but all we are just a human being... it is easier for me to show were your mistake are but geeks are already said everything while I was drawing so i'll put it just in case:).... Lovely job!!!!!
e9b079f24834.jpg
Hey ! that's clever ! thanks for showing me like that, I'll make sure i do better next time

Well done you for putting your pic up on a professional forum for critique after only 2 weeks at it:hug:
Your much braver than me lol!
I agree total with what's already been said.

But just keep up with what you're doing, listen to the advice on here & lets see some more pics. I'm sure both you & us Geeks will see the improvements you will put into pratice.

Well done to you
xxxxx

Well done you for putting your pic up on a professional forum for critique after only 2 weeks at it:hug:
Your much braver than me lol!
I agree total with what's already been said.

But just keep up with what you're doing, listen to the advice on here & lets see some more pics. I'm sure both you & us Geeks will see the improvements you will put into pratice.

Well done to you
xxxxx
oh i'll definitely be practising and then posting some more pics, you geeks have took the time to look and comment and I appreciate it....thanks !

They are great for 2wks, well done. I too would have been too scared to post my pics this early like you have.

Good luck for the rest of your course & can't wait to see your progress. x

They are great for 2wks, well done. I too would have been too scared to post my pics this early like you have.

Good luck for the rest of your course & can't wait to see your progress. x
Thanks, that's nice what you said..

Am i really THAT stupid for sending in pics so early ?
I had no idea...I just thought who else to let me know where I'm going wrong than a group of professionals ? I can't wait to try again though after reading all your opinions...think I might treat my practise hand to a lovely French Manicure !

omg your doing soooo well!

Latest posts

Back