My First Spraytan gone wrong!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colette

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Had my first spraytan complaint at the weekend!!! Urghh! :cry: Sprayed client no problems, I'm using a minimist and Tantrick solution which we all know is a lovely product!! Client texts me the day after saying she loved it and thankyou, then the night after texts me saying her tan has gone streaky and blotchy!?! she looked silly and can't leave the house!! Well I felt awful, it was my first complaint, does anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong?
I'm pretty new to this?? Me and my friend had one the night after and we were both fine!! Do some people have skin that just isn't suitable?

Hi everyone,

Had my first spraytan complaint at the weekend!!! Urghh! :cry: Sprayed client no problems, I'm using a minimist and Tantrick solution which we all know is a lovely product!! Client texts me the day after saying she loved it and thankyou, then the night after texts me saying her tan has gone streaky and blotchy!?! she looked silly and can't leave the house!! Well I felt awful, it was my first complaint, does anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong?
I'm pretty new to this?? Me and my friend had one the night after and we were both fine!! Do some people have skin that just isn't suitable?

Are you saying once she washed of the guide colour she loved it ?

Then the next day she claims it was blotchy?

If the above is correct I would say she is at fault, it can't be perfect one day and horrible the next.
What is she showering with? Dove?
Swimming in chlorine?
Is she mositurising?

Yes, she compalined the day after she washed the guide off! I said to her you were very happy the day after, so seeing as it had gone blotchy the day after that, it could have been the moisturiser/shower gel she was using. She said her boyfriend thought she looked blotchy the next day but she thought she looked fine!! I think you would know yourself, if you looked blotchy the next day, she didn't text me till 6pm!

Ask to see her and decide for yourself she sounds very confused:hug:

If she moisturizes her whole body what ever streaks she may have should all blend into one colour again hth

Is she using moisturiser after her shower?
Is she still not 'rubbing' at the skin in the shower and patting dry afterwards? Even after a couple of days you can rub off the tan in places if you are not careful. Use a gentle shower gel (preferably NOT Dove as this strips the tan).

She may not of exfoliated very well before her tan so the dryer areas are slurring off quicker than the less dryer areas.

If her tan was nice the following day then you did your tan well, I would think blotchy after this time would be down to client aftercare or lack of it.

Is she using moisturiser after her shower?
Is she still not 'rubbing' at the skin in the shower and patting dry afterwards? Even after a couple of days you can rub off the tan in places if you are not careful. Use a gentle shower gel (preferably NOT Dove as this strips the tan).

She may not of exfoliated very well before her tan so the dryer areas are slurring off quicker than the less dryer areas.

If her tan was nice the following day then you did your tan well, I would think blotchy after this time would be down to client aftercare or lack of it.

i was going to say a similar thing, it sounds like her preparation or aftercare with the tan has gone wrong somewhere, i would definately ask to see her and to resolve the problem, people can get quite indignant on the phone so much better a face to face chat.:)

I agree 100% with what has already been said. You cannot be happy one day and then totally dissatisfied the next. It has got to be down to either her pre-tan prep or her aftercare.

If she didn't notice it but her BF did, could he be taking the mickey which has made her paranoid and she is seeing what isn't there?

Does she use one of those nylon scrubbies in the shower, has she used dove shower gel, did she dry herself a little too vigorously.

I know that some people do get uneven fade as dead skin is sloughted off at different rates, but not this quickly.

Me thinks she is trying to get a freebie out of you.

If she didn't notice it but her BF did, could he be taking the mickey which has made her paranoid and she is seeing what isn't there?

I have to say that that is my feeling on the matter, I bet he thinks he's being really funny too!

I use Dove shower gel and haven't noticed any problems, what is wrong with it ?:confused:

I know it probably doesn't help much with this particular issue but I always give my clients a printed aftercare sheet which I ask them to follow to the letter just to cover myself. I can't think what else could be the problem, unless she is in early stages of pregnancy as I believe this can cause the tan not to develop properly x

I can't think what else could be the problem, unless she is in early stages of pregnancy as I believe this can cause the tan not to develop properly x

Just wondering, if the tan didnt develop properly wouldnt this mean that the tan would be patchy or streaky as soon as the colour guide washed off?
And if somebody was in the early stages of pregnancy and the tan didnt develop properly as a result, wouldnt that show up also when the colour guide was washed off? Or does it mean that the tan wears off differently?
Thanks

In my experience, I have found that redheads have a tendency to drier skin and always ask them to pay attention to moisturising before and after the tan. The only complaint I've had about a tan was from a redhead and it had gone darker around her hands and feet and this was due to the skin being exceptionally dry........I had a heck of a job to fade it out !!!!!!

I think it is also possible that some peoples skin does not suit certain tanning solutions. I started off using Tantrick but it never looked the same on me or lasted the same as other people. I also get heat rush on my legs after using St Tropez and this is only on my legs no where else.
My cousin can be sprayed and always is as white as before it never takes. So I just think that every once in a while you will find people who have done all the before and after prep but still can't get the results that they want. This is because we are all different and have different skin types.

Latest posts

Back