my neatest set of sculpts so far !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god, I've just realised how much more practice I need to put in to get anywhere like yours!
They look fab!!

I've not even ventured into the world of sculpting yet:eek:.....

They are gorgeous, you should be really pleased with yourself hun! You've made me wanna get those forms out n play, lol!

they look fab xx

The only thing i would add and i do apologise if its been said , when your shaping the sides keep your file straight and in line, they look from the side view pici (may just be the angle of the picture though) like you have pulled your file over too much iykwim xx

Fab set of nails you should be charging way more! At least add a fiver on for sculpts.

Sculpting takes more skill than tips and will ob take you longer at first but once you get the hang of it its really much faster than tips.

take care xx

HERE IS the link ..she starts applying the form about a minute and a half into the clip ...i could watch these clips over and over again all day lol :green:

i do have a few probs with filing the sidewalls ..i think im that concerend that they look fan shaped ,i end up over filing and having the reverse :rolleyes:
thats another of my main areas i need to work on (lol theres loads of them)

oops forgot the link ...Tammy Taylor applies a full sculptured odor-less acrylic nail using a nail form

HERE IS the link ..she starts applying the form about a minute and a half into the clip ...i could watch these clips over and over again all day lol :green:

i do have a few probs with filing the sidewalls ..i think im that concerend that they look fan shaped ,i end up over filing and having the reverse :rolleyes:
thats another of my main areas i need to work on (lol theres loads of them)

Can't see the link Emma !!!

Thanks for that Emma.

I have been doing it all wrong:eek: She made applying the form so easy, I shall be giving that a go tomorrow.

You've got some gorgeous lines of light there Emma... can't add anymore to what's already been said.
Excellent job :D

lines of light are fab:)

are you charging £15 for a full set hunnio?
how long on ave. do they take you and when did you pass ya coursE>?

i thought a little while ago you should put your price up, now i am saying it

you must put your price up now love xx even if its only £2.50 every 2 months till you get to about 25 - 30 pounds

OMG! those are beautiful!

When she goes back in and dips her brush and then goes over the pink, is that not an overexposure risk? Then she cleans up the nail with her brush up at the cuticle area:confused:

The way she does nails is sooooo not the way I was taught. It can be quite confusing watching her way and applying my way.

She makes it look so darned easy though!!

aj

When she goes back in and dips her brush and then goes over the pink, is that not an overexposure risk? Then she cleans up the nail with her brush up at the cuticle area:confused:

The way she does nails is sooooo not the way I was taught. It can be quite confusing watching her way and applying my way.

She makes it look so darned easy though!!

aj

is this meant for me hun ????
i am very very confused :?:

oh hahahaha i get it ,you mean tammy taylor lol hahaha ,i thought you meant me !!!
was gunna say back in what ?
i dont clean up my cuticle area with my brush and i have never done your nails hahahahah
oooh what am i like lol

but yea i agree with you ,i wouldnt do a lot of the things she does ..i wouldnt etch my natural nails with a hundred grit file either !
but i did pick up a lot of helpful stuff ,i just adapt it to my way of doing things and my products xxxxx

Once again Fanbloodytastic, you are so good and these are wonderfull really nice.

ooo they are lovely
Erica xx

I watched the video last night, and today at a rebalance appointment my client had one missing so I used the method of applying the form and viola it worked, and my client was well chuffed at the result. Didn't follow the L&P application technique though. So thanks Emma for the link.xxxx

youre more than welcome hun xx
im so glad it worked for you too ,im much more confident about sculpting now i know how to apply the forms properly ,i dont have to faff around for ages looking like a right divvy :D
i just need to get hold of some good forms now

And a MASSIVE thankyou to every single one of you for the lovely comments xxxxxxx

Ditto what's been said! re: free edge, etc....

I think you've done a lovely job, and you can do mine anytime.
(why can't one of you geeks live nearer and we can do each other's nails???)

Now is it me, or do sculpted L&P's seem thinner than UV Gel?
Or am I losing it?
If I go too thin, the darn things just snap and crack :-(

:sad:

youre more than welcome hun xx
im so glad it worked for you too ,im much more confident about sculpting now i know how to apply the forms properly ,i dont have to faff around for ages looking like a right divvy :D
i just need to get hold of some good forms now

And a MASSIVE thankyou to every single one of you for the lovely comments xxxxxxx

i have always used ezflow forms and i get on reasonably well with them but i do think those tammy taylor ones look good

lovely nails emma, they look nice and natural, you have done a great job there:)

stanleyann

Man those are great sculpts! Well done to you.

I would be just as pleased with those...

Keep up the good work.

Sorry Emma, yea that was meant to you and everyone else. ;)
I wish I could do nails like that! I did a P&W acrylic client today with tips and an eyebrow and lip wax and she was out in two hours, I was happy. Thought overall the nails could've been thinner though. If I do them too thin I find that my white is see through. I use Star nail products.
aj

lol when you said about she cleans up cuticle area with her brush ect ect..i thought you ment i did :) thats why i was confused hehehe!

i used to have see through bits too , i think though it was the way i was applying the form incorrectly so the white was slightly beneath my free edge which resulted in it not being raised enough on my nail plate also i wasnt to familiar with my product ratio ect ,then either so i ended up having to add little bits here and there ,and adding little balls for the smiles
i just used to have a marbeled effect .
whereas with most of these nails i just used the one ball ,the odd one i had to add little bits ...
but do you know what i didnt have any panic either,before when i have had a go of sculpts on other people i have had a bit of panic over creating the free edge,so i think i just made things worse for myself..whereas i gave myself time,and gave the product time to work itself ...
and i almost thought it was working to easy :D
thats why i cant wait to have another go ,to see if i find the next set even easier ,after things i have learned of this one ..
i was meant to have a client today ,but she cancelled on me :sad:
so when i have another go ,ill let ya know how i get on xxx

They look great!
Michele

Latest posts

Back