my neatest set of sculpts so far !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also noticed on one of the thumbs, that the sidewall got kind of "shortchanged" as it goes into the free edge. There's a notch there where the white should fill in to make a smooth line from sidewall to extension edge. HTH :D
:)
hi hun
i just went back and looked again at the pics ,i can see where you mean !
i can never seem to get all my free edges consistent ,they always look to me like they are ,but then ill look at pics ,or the client will go away for a min and come back and i can see that they are not the same :irked:

but i did learn some lessons last night while doing this set ,,sculpt the free edge more carefully so less filing ...
i dont know why this happens ,but whenever i sculpt i end up doing competition length nails :lol: they are quite neat but sooooo long so im filing for hours lol
i dont seem to be able to sculpt short nails :lol: we live and learn xxxx

thnks for comments ,i appreciate them all x:hug:

well done babe they are beeeeeeaaautiful!!!Hope she paid u for those babies!!!:grin:xxx

They are lovely Emma. Well done. xx

Emma,

In all seriousness (and I'm not just saying this) but if I didn't know they were enhancements, I would have thought they were her natural nails with perhaps some gel overlays.

Those nails look really good and very natural. If I was a client, I would be over the moon with them.

They look great and you should be proud of yourself !

Marlise

ooh thankyou so much for your comments !
im determind to crack sculpting ,so i can enjoy it and not dread getting it wrong lol ,

when my mate went to the shop ,the client i have booked in for tip and overlay on friday ,saw the nails and said she wants hers like that now ...
im wondering if i should charge more .than £15 now, to save increasing prices after xmas when i increase my other prices ..or should i keep it at £15 and put the price up when i do the others ?

and i know that sculpts are stronger than tip and overlay,and in my oppinion nicer !but im rubbish with wording things ,
can anyone give me advice on how to "word" why sculpts are better ?
so i dont just sound like its a sales pitch !:lol:
i definately think you should be charging a bit more than £15 i charged that when i`d almost finished my training then put it up to £20 now many years later i charge from £30 .:hug:

Nice nails, good to see you didn't smother them in oil either.

They look great hun, you should be well pleased :hug:

They look lovely hun. You've done a great job:green:

they are lovely , well done hunny :green:

Gorgeous! Def put your prices up tho to at least £25 or whatever local techs are charging. And do it before xmas while you're in demand. You can always offer a discount after xmas.

well done emma..

its great to see how well youve improved... it gives the rest of us some encouragement too....

Nice nails, good to see you didn't smother them in oil either.

nooo im not in to the "ive just dipped my fingers in the chip pan look" lol :green:

when i watched her nails afterwards as she was getting her coat on ect..they did look really natural ,but clean and tidy ,i loved them ,
i didnt charge my mate as i asked her if i could have a practise on her ,and did have her sat there for ages ,plus she had to get her little one looked after for a bit so she did me a huge favour,she is a nail tech too ,we did the course together

Well done, they look fab! I'm currently trying to master the art of sculpting but have a long way to go to match your standard....go girl!

i agree with marlise.i thought she could pass them off as her own aswell,you should be proud.they look so natural.i think its cause there not thick and that the white isnt to bright as you said you toned it down.i think you did the right thing,if you want that natural look.xxxxxx

I think they look great. I'm still trying to master the art of the forms :mad: .

thats what i sruggled with too hun ,the forms
but i watched a video clip on the tammy talor website and it clicked for me .im a visual learner if im told something i struggle if im shown it though im fine !
and once your form is stuck in place the rest is much easier
on the first hand i used millenium forms and they didnt stick very well ,so it was a bit of a pain .
but the secod hand i had a few nsi forms ,and they were much better they stayed in place ,so ill be ordering some of these as soon as christmas is out of the way

Way to go Emmsybabes they are just fab, i would pay you £30.00+ all day long for nails like that, to sum it up in one word BEAUTIFUL :hug: be really proud of your work

I am only a beauty therapist but to me they look really great. Where in cheshire do you live incase i need mine doing over the xmas?

They look beautiful emma, you should be really proud xx

They are fab Emmaxx

I am struggling with sculpts, do you think you could pm the link to the video that you watched as I too tend to learn visually, verbally just goes straight through or over.!!!

Latest posts

Back