My new web site what do u think

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
were have my snow flakes gone, gone off to sulk,:cry: I love christmas and the theme, but jo public have won the vote , at the end of the day it is there opinions that count as it is the clients opinion which will get me the business.

Don't worry, Jenny, I may re-diddle the background image later so it is a compromise between the original one and the one it is now, so that you still see the snowflakes, but the text is not too bad either. Personally I prefer the colour of the original image, but do conceed that the text is easier to read on the lighter background (and accessibility is very important to me)...

Jenny, I have never heard of those titles you have used for intimate waxing like Ibiza, Dubai and Egyptian - did you make them up? And seriously, I can't imagine a female client booking in for a butt crack wax... can you imagine, I'll have a brow shape, lip wax and erm, an Ibiza please:green: I mean, when it's part of a hollywood, it makes sense, but I can't see clients booking in for just that. I would seriously simplify that part of the menu. Jmho chick :hug:

just another thought....as the rest of the site is so clear, easy to navigate and read - what about keeping your news and offers separate?

On the home page I would bring the word 'mobile' down to sit with the rest of the line.

How about an aftercare page?

Sorry Ruth, I know you have said its a work in progress so i'm probably going on about things you've got in the pipeline!! xx

On the home page I would bring the word 'mobile' down to sit with the rest of the line.

How about an aftercare page?

Sorry Ruth, I know you have said its a work in progress so i'm probably going on about things you've got in the pipeline!! xx

Have made the "mobile" bit a new paragraph.

Bet your screen is 1280 pixels wide - am I right???

Yeah your right!! xx

Jenny, I have never heard of those titles you have used for intimate waxing like Ibiza, Dubai and Egyptian - did you make them up? And seriously, I can't imagine a female client booking in for a butt crack wax... can you imagine, I'll have a brow shape, lip wax and erm, an Ibiza please:green: I mean, when it's part of a hollywood, it makes sense, but I can't see clients booking in for just that. I would seriously simplify that part of the menu. Jmho chick :hug:

They've been taken from my site. Clients do book in for them as they ALL say how it's nice that they don't have to mention body parts.

Jenny......love the site but I think the photo of the lady is slightly distorted. It looks too long and not wide enough....as though it's been stretched upwards.

I don't mind my students getting ideas from my site but I really wish you wouldn't just lift it. If nothing else, it looks silly, like we're all using the same stock phrases.

Yeah your right!! xx

LOL - thought as much - it wrapped after the word "mobile" on my laptop too before - my laptop has a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels...

They've been taken from my site. Clients do book in for them as they ALL say how it's nice that they don't have to mention body parts.

Jenny......love the site but I think the photo of the lady is slightly distorted. It looks too long and not wide enough....as though it's been stretched upwards.

I don't mind my students getting ideas from my site but I really wish you wouldn't just lift it. If nothing else, it looks silly, like we're all using the same stock phrases.

Oops sorry Kim - thought they looked familiar when I saw them in Jenny's price list - maybe I could come up with some new names for them - The Majorca, and the Cleopatra perhaps???

Oops sorry Kim - thought they looked familiar when I saw them in Jenny's price list - maybe I could come up with some new names for them - The Majorca, and the Cleopatra perhaps???

I don't mind the names being used. It's more the content from my FAQ's. It's just been lifted.

I don't mind the names being used. It's more the content from my FAQ's. It's just been lifted.

Sorry Kim; I'll work with Jenny to rewrite those - don't want to step on your copyright!

Sorry Kim; I'll work with Jenny to rewrite those - don't want to step on your copyright!

Thanks Ruth. Nothing to do with copyright (for what that's worth). I know that Andy (Axiom) has this problem all of the time too and we both get fed up with it. He and I spent a lot of time doing our sites and as I said, if nothing else, it looks we all say the same old thing. Thanks Ruth. xxx

Clients do book in for them as they ALL say how it's nice that they don't have to mention body parts.

I agree, lots of clients want the treatment but maybe a little shy about ringing up and being so blunt about what they want waxed...if the name is there with a description then it takes any awkward feelings away for them.

Its no different from having names for manicures, pedicures etc!

xx :hug: xx

Hi kim, i apologise if you feel as though i have lifted the info off your site, Allot of the info i have on there ie the front page is what i have received from perron rigot in regards to there wax . That it is the king of all waxes and shrink wraps the hairs. I have searched many a site and nearly all the waxing ones contain the same. In regards to the names after my training day with you i assumed these were the correct terminology and obviously we use the same wax and we both wax hairs so the length etc is pretty much of a muchness.
I will say that i have used your wording from your waxing etiquette, but obviously mine says faqs, obviously i have not changed them enough. So i apologise if u feel i have simply lifted it. i will rea word the my work, and again i apologise, to be truthfull as well i thought with us being at completly oposite ends of the country that not changing the entire sentenece in wthe waxing etiquette would make a difference. But i have over stepped the mark obviously by using dubai etc, but again assumed this was the true wording

Hi kim, i apologise if you feel as though i have lifted the info off your site, Allot of the info i have on there ie the front page is what i have received from perron rigot in regards to there wax . That it is the king of all waxes and shrink wraps the hairs. I have searched many a site and nearly all the waxing ones contain the same. In regards to the names after my training day with you i assumed these were the correct terminology and obviously we use the same wax and we both wax hairs so the length etc is pretty much of a muchness.
I will say that i have used your wording from your waxing etiquette, but obviously mine says faqs, obviously i have not changed them enough. So i apologise if u feel i have simply lifted it. i will rea word the my work, and again i apologise, to be truthfull as well i thought with us being at completly oposite ends of the country that not changing the entire sentenece in wthe waxing etiquette would make a difference. But i have over stepped the mark obviously by using dubai etc, but again assumed this was the true wording
The Kings of Waxes is my term but maybe Perron Rigot now use it.

I remeber clearly at your training you asking me if you could use my names and you mentioned the Dubai in particular. I said then that I'd rather you make up your own. But that's not a problem as I don't mind you copying the names. No, as I said, it's the phrases that I use that I'd rather people didn't copy. Thanks for understanding.

Thank u for your kind words kimmi, any tips for my site that would help me on the road to successs.xxxx:hug:

are you anything to do with waxing for men as your logos look identical

no hun, i do not wax men and i certainly have not pinched any one 's logo, off to check now

just been and looked, the logo does look similar apart from, it is waxing 4 men , is in a different font and colour, thank god for that u had me going for a minute then hunx

no hun, i do not wax men and i certainly have not pinched any one 's logo, off to check now

never said you did, just thought they looked alike hence asking if you were linked to them :hug:

Latest posts

Back