My second set of L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle

Reaction score
Hello everyone !

Feeling very nervous about this, this is my second attempt at L&P on a family member (1st attempt too embarrassing to post),before painting, please tell me what you think, i know the photo is not the best and remember i'm still in training :o

Thanks,

Lisa x

Image of second set of L&P - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

firstandsecondsetofLP012.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

firstandsecondsetofLP016.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:
sorry but i cant see any picture?

ok, no picture,how do i get it on?

Ok , sorted now ...go for it x

Last edited:
first of all well done for posting.
from looking at the pics it looks as if your tips need to be blended in more as you can still see the lines through the nails.
also i think they look abit too flat so you need to use more product to build up the structure of the nails i.e the apex.this will make the nails stronger.
i realise that you were probably worried that you were going to use to much product so as a result of this you havent used enough.an easy mistake to make and easily corrected.
on the positive side the the product looks nice and flush with the cuticle and they dont look all bumpy or uneven.
hths cant wait to see more pics.:)

Lets give you the good news first:

A good attempt.
Form is pretty good .. they are not flared and your sidewalls look pretty straight and they look fairly consistent.

The not as good news.

The shape is inconsistent and the nails have no apparent apex so will break easily with any force. No apex also means no c curve.

The tips are not blended in and there is ghost shadow on all nails. Some are a little on the small side as well.

Smile line is non existent.

Surface shine is non existent.

These are not enhancements, they are just fake nails that are longer than what the model had before.

Keep going and learn how to do pretty not just longer.

Ok, thanks for the replies. Kind of wish i hadn't put them on now, :cry: but you see,i'm doing a distance learning course and have no-one there in person to show me where i'm going wrong!

I'll just go and have a good cry and keep trying.........

thanks again,

Ps. Gigi, you say the "form" is good. What does this mean exactly please - your advice is greatly appreciated!

That is silly, this is how you learn and I think you are brave to put your pictures up.

Just think, if you have learned from the critique it will help you to do better nails next time :lol:

im sorry if you thought i was abit harsh but i was just being honest and you did say i can take it give it to me straight!
please dont let this put you off as if you have no one there then that is even more reason for you to post some pictures.im sure you will learn from it and improve.im by far no where near perfect and im still learning things but its no good practicing if you are practicing wrong,if that makes sense?
i hope i have helped you in some way as that was my intention.xx

Ok, thanks for the replies. Kind of wish i hadn't put them on now, :cry: but you see,i'm doing a distance learning course and have no-one there in person to show me where i'm going wrong!

thanks again,

Ps. Gigi, you say the "form" is good. What does this mean exactly please - your advice is greatly appreciated!

Form = the overall outline of the whole nail when viewed from above. i.e. eponychium line side walls and free edge. 2 dimensional with length and width.

Shape = the dimension i.e. the view from the side which has depth as well as length and width. 3 dimensional

No crying!! You must learn to take critisism as it is how you grow if you act on what you have been told and critisism is never malicious or mean but constructive and given in your best interest.

Hi Tracey Louise

You are right, i need the criticism if i'm going to get better,and i thank you for it - sorry i'm just feeling sorry for myself!

Thanks Gigi for explaining it to me - instead of a cry,i think i will have a glass of wine instead!

Lisa x

instead of a cry,i think i will have a glass of wine instead!
Good idea :green:

As has already been said, take the advice/critique given to you and try to improve on it next time, the best thing to do would be to apply the advice given on the next set of nails you do and post another set of pics, that way we will be able to see where you've improved and you won't feel like crying about your nails ever again :hug:

Check out the tutorials here on the site hunny, click on 'forums' and scroll down to tutorials, you need to click on the 'application' ones, there are lots of them and they're designed to help us out when we need them.

I'll join you in a glass of vino if it'll make you feel any better :green: xx

Don't cry Ive found that once i plucked up courage to post photos on here it was the best way to learn. I know its disappointing cos you want to here that everyone thinks they are great but it makes you remember what to do next time. x

hi can i just ask which white tips you use as they look really good better than mine . thanks siobhan

thanks again,

Kudos to you for posting! Keep trying and posting your results and you'll get there before you know it! :)

Latest posts

Back