Nail adhesion problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay Elmes

Reaction score
Every time I do a set of gel nails, they fall off after only a couple of days.
Could someone tell me where I might be going wrong?

Hiya xxx

give us a bit more to go on hun and i am sure we can get our heads together and get to the bottom of it....what system are you using and whats your prep like.

xxxxx

hi matey, i will try and help !

what system are you using? is your prep spot on..do you need a bonder? does your lamp work correctly with your chosen gel system? are your bulbs working ok?

So may questions so little time!!

talk us through your proceedure!

THanks

Amb x

If the gel comes of freely i.e peels off
Check for this:
P.R.E.P
clean and contaminant free nail plate
liquid bonding agent, if used for your system is applied
The Gel bonding layer applied and worked into the nail
Free edges capped so the gel has clamped itself around the free edge
cured at the correct wattage and for the correct time
Bulbs are ok and not at the end of their lifespan
Correct Lamp used with the gel system

If the nail enhancement breaks check for correct finished Enhancement nail structure
Stress areas build
Apex in the correct place
check for signs of weak spots ........
Dips at the smile line and a thicker free edge.............

Just a few pointers
HTH

Just a few check points
HTH

NailStyle said:
Hiya xxx

give us a bit more to go on hun and i am sure we can get our heads together and get to the bottom of it....what system are you using and whats your prep like.

xxxxx

I am using NSI gel and the the lamp is a new one so i know that is ok. i.ve been doing nails for a year now and i get very frustrated when they fall off. I know the gel is ok cos I have a friend that does nails and shes been doing it for 7 years,she said that NSI was the best.the glue that I use is NXT.The primer is NSI Balance Bond.

MINKUS said:
hi matey, i will try and help !

what system are you using? is your prep spot on..do you need a bonder? does your lamp work correctly with your chosen gel system? are your bulbs working ok?

So may questions so little time!!

talk us through your proceedure!

THanks

Amb
x

HI. Could you please tell me more about the prep.Ta.xx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
If the gel comes of freely i.e peels off
Check for this:
P.R.E.P
clean and contaminant free nail plate
liquid bonding agent, if used for your system is applied
The Gel bonding layer applied and worked into the nail
Free edges capped so the gel has clamped itself around the free edge
cured at the correct wattage and for the correct time
Bulbs are ok and not at the end of their lifespan
Correct Lamp used with the gel system

If the nail enhancement breaks check for correct finished Enhancement nail structure
Stress areas build
Apex in the correct place
check for signs of weak spots ........
Dips at the smile line and a thicker free edge.............

Just a few pointers
HTH

Just a few check points
HTH

Hi. the gel is ok its the tip that comes off.

NailStyle said:
Hiya xxx

xxxxx

Hiya can u help me pls iam new at this and iam not sure if iam sending right or how to get my replys of anyone.xx

Hi, welcome to the site, you will soon get the hang of it...........if you want to know more about prep just click on the word prep in these posts and this wonderful site will take you straight to the tutorial...easy pimps!

Hi, I saw you posted on the end of the Prep tutorial asking what cool blue and scrubfresh are, but I thought I would post here as this is your original question... They are Creative Nail design products, Cool Blue is a soapfree hand sanitizer......and scrubfresh is a natural nail surface cleanser, which dehydrates the nail and leaves pathogen fighters behind on the surface. If you are using NSI products they may have similar types of products in their system.......If anyone out there uses NSI I am sure they will post and help you.......Did the rest of the prep tutorial help you?

izzidoll said:
Hi, I saw you posted on the end of the Prep tutorial asking what cool blue and scrubfresh are, but I thought I would post here as this is your original question... They are Creative Nail design products, Cool Blue is a soapfree hand sanitizer......and scrubfresh is a natural nail surface cleanser, which dehydrates the nail and leaves pathogen fighters behind on the surface. If you are using NSI products they may have similar types of products in their system.......If anyone out there uses NSI I am sure they will post and help you.......Did the rest of the prep tutorial help you?

I use NSI!

Our Cool blue at nsi is called 'Sanitiser' - simple eh! LOL
It is in a white bottle with orange writing and smells citrusy!

Our scrubfrest is Puramist and then poss use Prep DX!

All my products and training is NSI so PM if you want to aske me anything at all!

I'll help as much as I can!

Oh and welcome to the site! You'll get the hang of it soon and the people on here are fab!

izzidoll said:

Hi, thank u for ur reply.I went on the prep tutorial and did a sent after i read what to do.I did them on a Fri and they fell off over the wkend.xx

Fingertips ND said:
I use NSI!

All my products and training is NSI so PM if you want to aske me anything at all!

Oh and welcome to the site! You'll get the hang of it soon and the people on here are fab!

Thank u for ur reply, I need all the help I can get pls. my daughter has a hair dresser shop and she wants me to do nails there. I have done some there but fell bad cos they dont stay on.I dont want her shop to get a bad name.xx

Fingertips ND said:
I use NSI!

Hi Kay, just wanna say if your new to the site and don't know what pm means (fingertips's reply) it means private message and theirs a link to it under Quick Links (top of page) i think. never used it myself but basically means you only message that person. i found this site confusing when i first logged on, didn't know what the hell i was doing but you get used to it. i'm still learning tho, only used it for a few weeks.

You might find it easier to put questions like this on the "main" forum (see forum jump at the bottom of the page...) as this is the chit chat forum where we just natter about all our ups and downs in life. When we log on to the main forum we know people are gonna be asking for technical help or we put our nail probs on that forum. hope this helps you find your way around the site soon. and welcome anyway.

Toni Talons said:
Hi Kay, just wanna say if your new to the site and don't know what pm means (fingertips's reply) it means private message and theirs a link to it under Quick Links (top of page) i think. never used it myself but basically means you only message that person. i found this site confusing when i first logged on, didn't know what the hell i was doing but you get used to it. i'm still learning tho, only used it for a few weeks.

You might find it easier to put questions like this on the "main" forum (see forum jump at the bottom of the page...) as this is the chit chat forum where we just natter about all our ups and downs in life. When we log on to the main forum we know people are gonna be asking for technical help or we put our nail probs on that forum. hope this helps you find your way around the site soon. and welcome anyway.

ps.. see i'm still learning too. i just realised if you click on the name of the person at the top of the reply, an option comes up for you to private message them.

Toni Talons said:

You might find it easier to put questions like this on the "main" forum (see forum jump at the bottom of the page...) as this is the chit chat forum where we just natter about all our ups and downs in life. When we log on to the main forum we know people are gonna be asking for technical help or we put our nail probs on that forum. hope this helps you find your way around the site soon. and welcome anyway.[/QUOTE
Thanks Toni for ur reply.i will go on there,i could do with a frend has well.

Right Girls I have moved this thread to the main forum as it is a Nail System Question and I hope we will get to th bottom of this Gel problem xxxx
So come on guys get ya thinking caps on..............
First things first lets start with the Prep..............
How do you prep the nail ????? Can you take us through it step by step .......
Cheers and lets get this mystery solved xxxx

I think we do need to start at the beginning....Have you had training...? what product/system are you using...? Are you removing the cuticle....? etc...dont worry i am sure we can get to the bottom of this..xxxxx

NailStyle said:
I think we do need to start at the beginning....Have you had training...? what product/system are you using...? Are you removing the cuticle....? etc...dont worry i am sure we can get to the bottom of this..xxxxx

Hi Angie. I haved had any training yet,I use NSI. Has fare has i know iam doing the the prep right but must be doing something rong some were.

Latest posts

Back