Nail Polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a new polish brand, any recomendations??

At the moment i am looking at:

ESSIE
ORLY
JESSICA

I already have creative, any feedback on the above, ie colours, application, how they last? Do they go THICK?

Many thanks for any replies

xxxx

I think Essie have beautiful colours, was looking at them in a catalogue a few days ago but then haven't really researched the others. there was a recent thread on polishes, if you do a search you will find quite a bit of info. Good luck with making your choice. xx

I used to have Orly, but have slowly let my stock run down due to my impending move.

It gets complete thumbs up from me - colour covers as it is in the bottle, a maximum two coats are needed, the bottle grip is fab (can't remember the official name), the brush is great to apply, retails superbly and clients always come back to buy more - great value for money. Also a great range of colours, with seasonal additions.

HTH

EDIT: forgot to add they last well, and don't go thick!

It's Essie for me all the way ... I've been using these colours for quite a while now and I'm very happy with them.

The range is vast (500 in all I believe!), the application is smooth, easy to hold and long-lasting.

They have also just launched their Spring Collection, which is gorgeous btw.

I love essie too.

well i used to use cnd enamel but when i moved salons i got the orly range in from graftons... i really like it they have got a nice range of colours, and the french manicure range is great too... they also come in cute retail kits

like sass said the gripper cap is wicked... i never have to struggle to open a bottle again (and im such a weakling!..lol)
the polish goes on well and it has a nice controlable brush (the hairs spread nicely when painting) and last... so im happy :)
they have also brought out the mini range ... which are just sooo cute and they are fab sellers....
Manicure Miniatures NEW from ORLY
plus with rrp being only 7.50 for normal sized bottles... i think its not that expensive for clients and they buy more ;)

Jess
xox

has anyone tried Color Club by Forsythe ?

Jessica imo have the worst polish I have ever worked with, always going gloopy & never seemed to last longer than three days (with the exception of french polish) and they used peel off ?? Why I don't know but im not the only one thats had this problem.

Ive also done the Jessica training & worked at two different salons that stocked Jessica & we all had the same problem :confused: Shame really as I love all the other products & the training was ace, one of the best courses ive attended.

has anyone tried Color Club by Forsythe ?

I have a bottle of this bought from a show few years ago. Loved the colours & its still as good as new after about 3 years & half used, but ive never seen it sold anywhere since.

Jessica imo have the worst polish I have ever worked with, always going gloopy & never seemed to last longer than three days (with the exception of french polish) and they used peel off ?? Why I don't know but im not the only one thats had this problem.

A client of mine brings her own Jessica polish and still looks really good after two weeks. She swears by the Phenomenon oil too.

jessica have some really nice polish colours but they do seem to go thick very quickly....

Thanks to everyone who replied,

had a look at those orly ones the minatures look fab.

but then essie won best nail polish in INSTYLE magazine!!

decisions will send of for both cataloges and have a looksee.:confused:

I use Orly (love that fabulous grip cap it's the best) aswell as CND polishes.

I also use Extreem which has some really bold colours, not for the faint hearted however their bottles suck as they are too big for my small hands.

Orly's are Great products to work with they come in a great range of colours and the application is smooth to apply. I just think their really profesionnal as they also have a Nails for males enamel/Nail Armour/Nail Defence/No Bite/Bonder and many more treatment polishes to choose from you-so you can really give your clients an indiviual treatment depending on the condition of their nails.
My favourite two would defintely be Orly's and CND

Jessica's would have to the worst nail enamel range ive come across because the product is oil based as soon as it comes in contact with water it encourages the polish to chip and peel away from the nail plate. Its a shame because their routine is great and i really like their products phenomen oil just not their polish lol

Have you tried Risque they have been recomended to me and i thought they were great they are brazillian so high quality and bottles are small so cost are low at only £*.** each i get mine from Nail Delights they only have a small range in stock at present but you can order the whole range for a few extra days delivery
adell

Last edited by a moderator:
I love CND polishes but they no longer sell them locally :irked: so I am currently using OPI which I no longer care for because of their NEW huge brush :irked::irked:. I do hear that Tammy Taylor's polishes are lovely but I can't get them locally either and I like to see them in person before purchasing :irked::irked::irked:. So the only ones available to me locally are Essie and OPI. Creative products don't go thick easily and stay on nicely, so if you can get your hands on some give it a try. :green:

Hi

In the end I decided to stick with CND enamels. But I got the orly French in the white it's really nice and because of the design of the lid it's really easy to do a French. I find the CND bottles (because their straight) a little slippery.

Plus I have issues with CND white which I discussed in a different thread. However when I looked at it from a business point of view I really had to stay with CND because I use nearly all their products and the enamels give you a great profit return.

Jadedlilly would you pm me the web address for those polishes.

Thanks everyone

Tracy x

i have used all the above an still to be honest use jessica and few opi products, jessica polish literally lasts so long is perfect for going over gels and also natural nails.
I love the quick dry application of opi, but opi in south africa are bit sticky you need some ridiculously hight buy amount to use them but jessica are more lenient, but in uk I mainly use jessica for its durability and ease of application, the brush is shaped well
which makes application non streaky.

I started using CND and I love the colours however I was having problems with them drying particularly when doing french manicures so I started trying OPI cause you can get them at Salon Services. However I would like to try some others and I havent given up on CND yet because I know a lot of people favour them and I do think they last on nails but only WHEN THEY DRY!

Colour Club Is Now Available In The Uk, They Have Lots In The Core Collection And Season Colours Too, Also Just Added Lipgloss.

When I Do Use In Salon, They Do Not Peel Or Chip, They Also Dry Quick Too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back