nailbiter in scratch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all honesty i was shocked at the article.

" Tip fit .....
Hang the tip on the very edge of the nail.Don't worry if there is a gap it will be filled later "

:eek: This is a perfect example of how to create over exposure issues :eek:

Jmo !

Glad you all feel the same way about this article. I must say, I was shocked, when I saw it - and although I've read it over a few times, I still cannot work it out.:eek:

Not something I'll be planning on trying.

I was really surprised by this too. I even started to question what my concerns would be and how I do enhancements. I think white tips look awful - but each to their own:rolleyes: .

So glad to see this thread. Confidence restored. Thanks :)

Hi all

I have just come back online since last wednesday, and I sat and read this article at the weekend. I am so glad someone posted this, as it was on my 'to do' list of questions i needed to ask on here !

Is Martin John or anyone from entity 'Hannah' a member on the site, so they may be able to enlighten us to how it was done ?

Claire

Hiya
Ive just done some nail biters

I did clear tip blended
overlay (reverse technique) with custom blend pink with a little silver metro powder added(nail bed of bitten nail was extended by custom blend
then on the tip clear powder mixed with silver metro
PERFECTION

this added length and with clear tips gives a natural look

Jenx
I did that too recently, extended the look of my clients nail beds, although her tips where Neon Green!! I custom blended that one too. Really fun, its really cool to see a transition like that!

Hello!

I am an educator for Entity in the US. Although I HAVE NOT seen the article or picture in Scratch - so I cannot comment on how the pic looks or how the article was written but.................I know what technique you are all referring to!

When using the Nudite - we originally only taught it by sculpting. When I use the product I almost 100% of the time sculpt it. If I do use a tip - generally I use a natural tip - blend it and then proceed with the application as if it were a sculpt.

We all know that not every tech can sculpt or do a beautiful smile line for that matter, so teaching the Nudite with a white tip just gives techs another option.

I have used this method just to try it out. It is super easy. Although personally, I would not use this method on a severe nail biter - I would sculpt it most likely.

As far as the product seeping down - you want to use it rather dry. Pick up your bead and then really dry it out on your nail wipe. Somewhat to how you would repair a corner of a nail without putting a form under it. You wouldn't want the bead to run all over the place when repairing a corner!

I have to say I was amazed that they had used white tips. I dont use them at all as I think they look terrible unless you have lovely nails to start with. I always tip and use a custom blend on bitten nails. I can not imagine how you would sculpt a bitten nail as the form would not lay correctly under the nail and surely the enhancement would point upwards!! sorry if I am stupid but I do a lot of sculpting but cant see how you would get round this issue.

I have to say I was amazed that they had used white tips. I dont use them at all as I think they look terrible unless you have lovely nails to start with. I always tip and use a custom blend on bitten nails. I can not imagine how you would sculpt a bitten nail as the form would not lay correctly under the nail and surely the enhancement would point upwards!! sorry if I am stupid but I do a lot of sculpting but cant see how you would get round this issue.

If you take a piece of scotch tape and pull down that "bald man" where the nail has been eaten! This moves that skin out of the way and then you can apply your form.

If you take a piece of scotch tape and pull down that "bald man" where the nail has been eaten! This moves that skin out of the way and then you can apply your form.

well - that is a new one on me!

Love the description! But once you let it go again wont it be uncomfortable for the client?

Julie xx

Love the description! But once you let it go again wont it be uncomfortable for the client?

I have never had a problem with this type of application for a nail biter. But I guess it would depend on the client as to whether it is uncomfortable. I would guess if they have a HUGE amount of skin, it could be possible! But again, nothing I have ever had a problem with. :)

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can

Have you all lost your imagination.

Can no body see how this amazing technique could actually work rather than moan about all the ways that it could not work.

I totally appreciate individual taste and that this syle of nail may not be for everyone but stop take a breath and step out of the box and you may actually learn something.

Now I'm going to try and anser everyones questions so this reply may seem a a little long winded and disjointed please bear with me.

But before I proceed can I just say

1 This was not a true step by step because they just boar me to tears so I applogize if I did not make myself absolutly clear on the whole tecnique front.

2. I hate white tips as much as the next man but as you read the start of the article you will digest that 90% of clients want white tips or french and just for the shear ease and speed why go to the bother of 90 minuet set of nails that a nail biter just does not appreciate when you can bang theese babies on and have them leapign out of the salon and over the moon in 45 minuets with £45 in your back pocket.( that does not make me a cowboy that is just meeting demand with supply )

This was not a proffesional (even though I am a proffessional) step by step, it was a friday after noon taking some pictures to demonstrate one of the many ways to overcome a nail biters request for french nails, and a quick and easy alternative to the norm.

Why does it work

Putting the tip on the very end of the nail is just like a form.Tips do not create strength all they work as is a platform to place product on. It's the product that creats strength.

Why on earth would you want to apply tips, try and get them to fit(air bubble galore on a bitter) stuck to everything skin tip nail etc)hold it in place for ever cos your using gel bond to compensate for the uneveness and it takes a year to dry. spend 15 shaping and blending when you can take them out of the box pinch place and go. you could do this with a natural evolution tip or even a clear.

The first bead of product used is a very dry bead of nudite ( which is a camoflage pink) because it is so dry it does not seep throught the nail and is kinda held up in some cases by the bulb as one person mentioned, because it is dry it also does not cause over exposure.

I cannot find a dictionary deffinition of over exposure so It's hard to find a common ground to understand what people mean when they say it, but being overly exposed to something I would understand as being constantly saturated with a product this should be a once or twice time application to get the nail biter over this stage on second and third fills you should start to have a free edge to work with. If you were very worried about over exposure you could create a barrier with tape or cuticle oil or some kind of cream but I do not believe this tecnique would cause any more significant exposure to the client than any other tecnique that you would use on a nail biter.

Moving on

Having used a very dry small bead of nudite in this area to blend back to the cuticle you are now basically working on the equivalent of a blended tip or sculpt and proceed with the l&p aplication in the regular way.

Having explained that what is there not to get????

Now I'm not being sesitive, I believe we all have an opinion and are all entitled to it but what I am going to say is while it may not be each individuals taste and choice to wear theese nails or apply them in this way, the most important thing I believe when doing nails is the client and what I will say is that Sophie wanted perfect smile line white tips and short of stick them on her first knuckle like tanya turna tips I believe I created nails for her that she was more than happy with.They were thin balanced square and had white edges They lasted for at least 2 weeks ( which is an achievement for any nail biter) and made her feel fabulose for her school ball.

If you have any furhter question or would like to see a demonstration of this tecnique I will be showing it on the Monday of the Excell nail show in London at 2pm all questions welcome or if you would like to contact me personally please feel free on.
m[email protected]
or 07828872123

Nail files at the ready.

Nice one Martin.....wonderful reply:) I will be there on the Monday to see how it works. Not got the scratch mag so no idea what it looks like. Plus anything new I like to see:)

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can

Have you all lost your imagination.

Can no body see how this amazing technique could actually work rather than moan about all the ways that it could not work.

I totally appreciate individual taste and that this syle of nail may not be for everyone but stop take a breath and step out of the box and you may actually learn something.

Now I'm going to try and anser everyones questions so this reply may seem a a little long winded and disjointed please bear with me.

But before I proceed can I just say

1 This was not a true step by step because they just boar me to tears so I applogize if I did not make myself absolutly clear on the whole tecnique front.

2. I hate white tips as much as the next man but as you read the start of the article you will digest that 90% of clients want white tips or french and just for the shear ease and speed why go to the bother of 90 minuet set of nails that a nail biter just does not appreciate when you can bang theese babies on and have them leapign out of the salon and over the moon in 45 minuets with £45 in your back pocket.( that does not make me a cowboy that is just meeting demand with supply )

This was not a proffesional (even though I am a proffessional) step by step, it was a friday after noon taking some pictures to demonstrate one of the many ways to overcome a nail biters request for french nails, and a quick and easy alternative to the norm.

Why does it work

Putting the tip on the very end of the nail is just like a form.Tips do not create strength all they work as is a platform to place product on. It's the product that creats strength.

Why on earth would you want to apply tips, try and get them to fit(air bubble galore on a bitter) stuck to everything skin tip nail etc)hold it in place for ever cos your using gel bond to compensate for the uneveness and it takes a year to dry. spend 15 shaping and blending when you can take them out of the box pinch place and go. you could do this with a natural evolution tip or even a clear.

The first bead of product used is a very dry bead of nudite ( which is a camoflage pink) because it is so dry it does not seep throught the nail and is kinda held up in some cases by the bulb as one person mentioned, because it is dry it also does not cause over exposure.

I cannot find a dictionary deffinition of over exposure so It's hard to find a common ground to understand what people mean when they say it, but being overly exposed to something I would understand as being constantly saturated with a product this should be a once or twice time application to get the nail biter over this stage on second and third fills you should start to have a free edge to work with. If you were very worried about over exposure you could create a barrier with tape or cuticle oil or some kind of cream but I do not believe this tecnique would cause any more significant exposure to the client than any other tecnique that you would use on a nail biter.

Moving on

Having used a very dry small bead of nudite in this area to blend back to the cuticle you are now basically working on the equivalent of a blended tip or sculpt and proceed with the l&p aplication in the regular way.

Having explained that what is there not to get????

Now I'm not being sesitive, I believe we all have an opinion and are all entitled to it but what I am going to say is while it may not be each individuals taste and choice to wear theese nails or apply them in this way, the most important thing I believe when doing nails is the client and what I will say is that Sophie wanted perfect smile line white tips and short of stick them on her first knuckle like tanya turna tips I believe I created nails for her that she was more than happy with.They were thin balanced square and had white edges They lasted for at least 2 weeks ( which is an achievement for any nail biter) and made her feel fabulose for her school ball.

If you have any furhter question or would like to see a demonstration of this tecnique I will be showing it on the Monday of the Excell nail show in London at 2pm all questions welcome or if you would like to contact me personally please feel free on.
m[email protected]
or 07828872123

Nail files at the ready.

Thanks for the explanation Martin. I love to see a transformation on a nail biter, my only issue is with the white tip to be honest! I never use them, I always want to create my white with my L+P......

Anyway, as one of the voices on this thread, I appreciate your taking the time to add some further explanation and context. :)

Martin,thanks for taking the time to reply :green:

I appreciate and understand your explanation,the over exposure comments,well from my personal point of view,i have been taught nail enhancement products should NEVER come into contact with the skin. Please correct me if i am wrong,i have only been in the industry a short while.

In regards to the white tip,again i understand where you are coming from,however it is slightly disappointing to see white tips in an industry publication,our job is about skill and i for one would rather show mine off
(whether or not the client maintained their enhancements ) than take the easy option :wink2:

White powder was originally developed to achieve a permanent french enhancement allowing us to create a deeper smile than the clients natural and therefore elongating the nail bed therefore perfect for a biter.

I do agree however a lot comes down to personal taste too.

Thanks again :)

As has been said before on this article, not everyone can create a perfect smile line, and for them white tips are much easier. I can 100% understand where Martin is coming from regarding the time you would put into a nail biter, but I am still a little confused about a dry bead ?

I will digest the article again this evening, and see if I can get to grips with it. Although I am a creative girl through and through, these nudite powders very much appeal, as not having many clients, and mostly new ones who want nails for a special occasion, it would not be cost effective for me to custom blend them a powder, it would be more worthwhile to have a blend already done like these.

Take care

that is an AWESOME trick I never thought of! You should post this in the "outside the box" thread!

I haven't seen the mag, nor the article in question.
So I'm hazarding a guess as to what occurred.

With regards to over-exposure issues....
I'm thinking that if L&P is that dangerous that the product can't touch the skin for just one time only..... then it shouldn't be used. Know what I mean?
I think it 'might' be acceptable if it happened only once for the initial set, then after that, it's done.. So you only refill/rebalance and never worry again.

Here's a tut for creating a free edge with UV Gel on biters, and fitting forms to biters.
Similar idea as that placing of the tip, where product does - in the beginning - touch the skin.
Beauty Pro
And the other one
Beauty Pro

It is my understanding that this can be done with both UV Gel and L&P.
I have tried both methods with UV Gel, with great success. Although, the 2nd is MUCH easier and less timely. No time wasted playing and gently seperating the gel from the skin.
Although if you can't sculpt, then you just wipe off the dispersion, etch the gel, seperate it from skin and apply a tip to that.
I've done that as well, when I didn't know how to sculpt.
That also worked VERY well.

So the idea is not completely original, but a good one for those that don't sculpt. It works along the same principals as the tuts above.

Perhaps Doug Schoon himself can set us straight on this about the risks of over-exposure and if the risk is low enough for a 'one-off' kind of thing.
Anyone got his number?
:lol:

I learnt this technique form Hanna at an Entity conversion and use it reglarly. It doesn't work on everyone but isn't that is why there are so many application techniques.

I am gobsmacked at the negative response to this and feel that it is all down to the fact that a white tip is used. Get over this, there is a skill to using a white tip well, as there is a skill to using a natural tip well etc.etc. I was once called a Sculpting Snob by Antony Buckley as i wouldnt use tips and now i use what will give the best results for that particular client/situation.

I found that this technique works really well with people who have a bulb on the end of the finger which affects the placement of a traditionally applied tip or a form, but again not all of those people are suitable for this technique either. Also to extend a normal short nail bed this is great especially for beginners as it gets good result quick.

White tips are not the enemy if you use them correctly.

i learned the nudite techniques on a course in the usa taught by tom holcomb, tom bachik and alisha rimando last year. the nudite techniqe is fabulous for nailbiters and can be used with tips or sculpted if you prefer.

Latest posts

Back