nails done at nss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have avoided this thread....but quite a lot of issues have come up.
Firstly I would never have gone into a salon knowing that they did not use sanitary methods..NEVER....
I value the health of my nails too much...I never want a greenies...or thinned out nailplates..
I have had enhancements on my nails for 8 years!!...I have recently soaked off and gone au natural...and 6 weeks on my nails are still looking great and I am loving my natural nails.

I don't think I could have done that after 8 years of NSS nails
Do you geeks?

As for missing out prep and the nails have stayed on for 7 weeks...
We can all get lucky...
I mean having unprotected sex means you can get pregnant or pick up an STD...but not everyone does!!...but would you take the risk????

izzidoll said:
I mean having unprotected sex means you can get pregnant or pick up an STD...but not everyone does!!...but would you take the risk????

excellent point!

I'll give you credit Kay, you did something that not alot of us techs would do!! I know I don't think I could do it!! We are all individual people, free to make all our own choices, and you being a tech, knew what was involved when you made your choice. Your a big girl now!:green:

My hat goes off to you for posting your experience here on the site! That took alot of courage! Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us, and being honest about doing it!

gob smacked isn't the word.
What really worries me is the line 'I can see why people go there' will you recommend them to all your clients then?

I think what she was trying to say is just that, "I can see why people go there". Most clients are uneducated and all they look at is the end result. I think this the bases for her saying this. I did a set of nails last night, and this particular client normally goes elsewhere, when i'd finished she commented that the nails were miles better thatn the other place. Then went on to say how they burnt her and made her bleed and how her nails throbbed fro days afterwards. some people don't know the difference and pay for this pleasure. I think her statement refers to "these" clients who don't know any better.

It's upto us as conciencious nail technicians to educate "these" cients on what they should demand in a nail service and not target technicians who are interested enough to look at their competition. Even NSS are our competition, if they're taking my clients i want to know why. And as far as i'm aware this is what she did.

Latest posts

Back