nails done at nss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay welch

Reaction score
I,ve been a very naughty girl and had my nails done this morning at a nss.I hear pepole go on all the time about this paticular one in my area that i thought i would try it out myself.Went in and asked for acrylic natural i know they dont do p&w so white tips or air brush so stuck to nat as i wanted to see his application.Sat down no hand cleaner used a hand drill to take of shine have to say it wasent at all uncomfotable sized up stuck on all 10 no blending cut used a primer tryed to see the name of it just said never lifts primer he used a massive brush and picked up a bead and started at the cuticle and sort of brushed it down.Have to give credit where its due his application was spot on he hardly had to do any shaping at all:rolleyes: the line of light is perfect on all 10 anyway got him to paint in a french which he did then cleaned up with another big brush dipped in alcohol.Overall i am really pleased with them i can see why pepole go there took about 40 mins and came out with a lovely set of nails the only thing is it cost me 32.00 quid i darent tell my partner he will go mad if if knew i had paid another tech to do my nails but curiosity got the better.

This isn't a great advert for us nail techs is it? Was MMA used?

:irked: :eek: :confused: :irked: :eek: :confused: :irked: :eek: :confused:

I am flabbergasted :!:

You know the saying curiosity killed the cat ?

Well curiosity just knackered your nail plate :!:

I am sorry hun but i simply can't understand ,even out of curiosity ( i am dead nosey lol ) how you would go and sit through an unsanitary and uncomfortable service,knowing your nail plate will be damaged !?!?!?!?

As a creative tech this goes against everything you have been taught !

This post is not meant to be mean in anyway,please understand that but i am totally and utterly :confused: as to why anyone,especially an educated technician would put them selves through this ??

dont know the monomer was out of my view and the powder was in a dish the only thing i recognised was the opi polish he used for my french.Half way through he asked me what i did i had to think fast and said i worked in a school and was throwing a sickie.

Are you going to tell all your clients that you go to the NSS?

The drill he used on my nail plate dident do any thing more than a file would have done he was very gentle belive me if it hurt i would have told him.No the hygiene was not good i admit i am a bit miffed that i have now paid 32.00 out but there is no proof he was using mma and a lot of techs use drills that dosent meen they are nss.There is a lot ot tech in my area who are mobile and say they are trained with certin companies and wreak a nail plate with there file.

gob smacked isn't the word.
What really worries me is the line 'I can see why people go there' will you recommend them to all your clients then?

The drill he used on my nail plate dident do any thing more than a file would have done he was very gentle belive me if it hurt i would have told him.No the hygiene was not good i admit i am a bit miffed that i have now paid 32.00 out but there is no proof he was using mma and a lot of techs use drills that dosent meen they are nss.There is a lot ot tech in my area who are mobile and say they are trained with certin companies and wreak a nail plate with there file.

Of course damage can be done with a traditional file !

The title of your thread say's it was nss , neither myself nor Judy jumped to this assumption that it was nss because they use e files , heck Peter pan is a grand master,she is also trained in the use of e files,the two don't necessarily go together !

dont know the monomer was out of my view and the powder was in a dish the only thing i recognised was the opi polish he used for my french.Half way through he asked me what i did i had to think fast and said i worked in a school and was throwing a sickie.

haha, thats funny.
40 mins to do a set?? Blimey, did he not prep at all?? or does the filing mean he doesnt have to? confused little me! :rolleyes:

You said yourself that you went to an NSS in your first post.

What's the point? Why can't techs just get on with their own business and let other places (good and bad) do the same.....???

If I'm asked about our NSS I tell what I know which is mostly what I've seen on clients who have subsequantly come to me but I certainly am not curious as to what they do. We should spend all our energy on promoting ourselves rather than wondering about the competion IMO.

Well you have guts coming onto a professional nail site and saying you went to a NSS.
I just can't understand how people can sit there and get their nails done with no prep etc. and not say anything.
In your profile it says you have been doing nails for 3 years, surely you have seen the damage that has been caused by NSS.
What are you going to say when people ask where you got your nails done?

imo it was nss no hygine, no prep ,used drills ,no consultation, no cleaning of the tools after i left actually brush and file is all he used?But like i said dont know if mma was used.Does that not make it nss then?I did not say it was uncomfortable i came out with a nice set of nails that i am pleased with and like i said i can see why young girls in paticular go there.Just wanted to see how they work really And no i probelly wont tell my clients that i got my nails done there

Hi Kay,

Would be interesting to see what they look like and how long they stay put etc.

Could you perhaps post a piccie ?

Marlise

nio very good at the picci thing but will take one and get my partner to post later if he can

Before i became a nail Tech i always had my nails done by a vietnames guy from a nss salon in mk i had these done there for over two years no problems what so ever , i moved to where i am living now had 3 different people who were all qualified creative techs and to be frank they were very poor indeed that is one of the reasons i trained myself , i had no end of trouble with lifting nails not the correct shape sore and damaged cutickles - plus two of my nails have still not grown back properly as the nail bed was taken along with the acrylic when soaked off ,so it dosent always follow that they are all bad in these NSS Salons.

:hug:

Gail

NSS is NON STANDARD SALON. Well no prep, no hygeine = NSS.
Okay to be curious but you have just risked catching an infection plain and simple.... and you knew it so you are a silly billy!! If you wanted to see application then u could of hung about staring in the window. Your offically told off!:Grope:

Before i became a nail Tech i always had my nails done by a vietnames guy from a nss salon in mk i had these done there for over two years no problems what so ever , i moved to where i am living now had 3 different people who were all qualified creative techs and to be frank they were very poor indeed that is one of the reasons i trained myself , i had no end of trouble with lifting nails not the correct shape sore and damaged cutickles - plus two of my nails have still not grown back properly as the nail bed was taken along with the acrylic when soaked off ,so it dosent always follow that they are all bad in these NSS Salons.

:hug:

Gail

No, they are pretty damn good at what they do.... we know that. They have good techniques so I have heard and read about. BUT, first and formost it is THE HYGIENE STANDARDS that are non existent, passing on infections from one person to another that is the MAIN problem. If they are using MMA products then, again this is terrible news.
As for the techs that have done your nails since, well I don't know them. But when choosing a nail technician (myself) I would go on either recommendation (seeing one or two clients nails and them referring me), OR asking if they are newly qualified, looking at their own nails. Maybe they didn't even train with Creative (unless you saw their certs u don't know this for sure).
One thing is certain: if you are self taught then are you CERTAIN of your application techniques, health and safety issues, disorders and diseases? Have you been examined in all these areas? And have you got insurance?
Nuff said cos we've been down this road a couple of weeks ago!
:irked:

YES I AM QUALIFIED AND INSURED NOT SELF TAUGHT I TRAINED WITH PROFESSIONAL NAILS - AND YES THESE 3 PEOPLE I AM TALKING ABOUT HAD CERTIFICATES ON THE WALLS TO SAY THEY WERE QUALIFIED CREATIVE NAIL TECHS

OOPS SORRY FOR CAPITALS

I have only trained this year and I Am no way near as good as some of the fantastic people on here so i understand that you all must have trained long and hard and that in time my nails will hopefully look as beautiful as some of the pictures i see on here but they are definately not from the 3 ladies in question .

cheers
gail

Latest posts

Back