Nails or tan first?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilliesbeauty

Reaction score
Hi all

just recently qualified as a spray tan therapist and tomorrow i got nails and a tan to do just wondering which is the best to do first
i have done nails for a while so fine with that and done about 10 spray tans since qualified so just wondering which best to do first

thanks in advance for your replies :)

Personally, I would do the nails first followed by the tan....that way you move the hands around freely without worrying about spoiling the tan on the hands

xx

hey jenny

yeah i was thinking that so thank you very much for yr advice just tryin to build my confidence again :) xx

I agree, if however the client wants polish, I do the nails, then spray tan and then go back to the desk and I do the polish so that it isn't smudged whilst dressing/undressing.:)

great thank u :) xx

I do both spray tanning and nails and when a client is booked in for both services, I will do their nails first, as they need to wash their hands after their nail service. If you were to spray first, then do their nails, the client wouldnt be able to wash their hands, as the spray tan would wash off!

Usually after their spray tan, I polish their nails so that they dont smudge their polish when they are taking their gear off for a tan!

hth x x

i always do nails first then tan, you can get a nail protector for use with tan which can be removed with a non acetone based polish remover o no stains and a great result :)

Latest posts

Back