Nails outside??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojosnails

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am a mobile nail tech, and I have a lady booked in with me tomorrow morning, she was originally booked in on Wednesday evening but had to reschedule. This is her second appointment with me.

I text her this afternoon just to confirm her appointment for tomorrow, and she responded asking me to please bring a warm coat as I have to do them outside, and that she will tell me why when I get there.

At first I didn't think much of it but the more I think about it the more I feel uneasy about it. What if it's windy and stuff is blowing everywhere? What if it suddenly pores with rain? I am now sat up worrying about it.

Have any other geeks come across a situation like this? And if so how have you handled it?

I am just finding that being mobile, people think they can do what they want because you're in their house, this just tops it all off!

Oh my goodness, lol. Couldn't you just txt her back and say you misunderstood her txt, could she explain? Keep us posted :lol:

OMG I am shocked ! Bring a warm coat cos you will have to do my nails outside!! I mean really 😄 ok seriously I would have to say I'm very sorry but I cannot do your nails outside!
I am dying to know what her reasons are.. All sorts of scenarios are starting to run through my head..

Does she have L&p... Maybe partner can't stand the smell

I bet it's her hubby complaining about the smell because most hubby's do:)

I would not do anybody's nails outside in the elements, I would rebook her for a time when it can be done inside.
But in saying that, when she is saying outside, she might mean a sunroom or somewhere that is actually closed in.
I think you should ring her back and confirm if outside really is outside in the elements and if so, explain that this is not good and you should rebook her.

I think I'm just going to have to contact her in the morning before her appointment and say I misread her message, and that I can't do them outside.

She does have L&P so maybe it is the smell. So strange to not say why until I get there though!

It's things like this that really make me question if being mobile is the right thing to do!

I'm glad you all think the same as me though! I didn't know if it was just me being silly!

OMG that is just ridiculous!. first of all I wouldnt do them outside, its too cold for a start, and what if a gust of wind blows half your powder out the pot? its too expensive to leave it to the elements! I would just say that in order for the l&p to work, it needs to be at room temperature and you cannot take the risk of losing half your precious, expensive powder to the elements. People really do just take the micky! If I was you I wouldnt just turn up without knowing where u are doing them coz when you get there it will be too hard to get out of it (but it doesnt sound warm). I would also say that wearing a coat will restrict your movement. Stay firm though! people just expect you to give them the moon coz your mobile!

I've just left a message so waiting for a response now.

Thanks to everyone, it really helped to make me feel confident in telling her we can't do them outside. I'll let you know what she says when she gets back to me!

Nails alfresco! Some people crack me up. Don't know where u r but its bloody freezing here! Do not do them outside lol.

I am still waiting for a response from her. In the message I explained that I cannot do them outside and asked if there was another time that we can do them indoors.

If I don't hear back what do I do? Do I assume she has the message and will let me know when she wants to rebook? Or do I go to her house anyway?

If I go I will have to leave at 9.30 so there is still time at the moment but I'm worried about what to do if I don't hear back. Maybe I should trying calling her at 9 if I don't hear before then, what does everyone think?

Thankyou all for your support.

Ok so I haven't heard from this lady still.

But I've just had a message from her daughter (who had an appointment booked this coming Monday) to say she needs to cancel. Am I just being paranoid or does anyone else thinks this doesn't seem like just a coincidence?

Have you actually rang her, to speak to? She may not get a text.

Right I've just spoken to my client, turns out she had an allergic reaction to the L&P and thought that doing it outside would help! :-O

I've suggested we remove them and do a set of Brisa gel instead which she has agreed and booked for a couple of weeks time as she can't afford it today.

Phew! At least I can stop worrying now! Thank you to all the geeks who responded, you've really helped me in this tricky situation!

Ok so I haven't heard from this lady still.

But I've just had a message from her daughter (who had an appointment booked this coming Monday) to say she needs to cancel. Am I just being paranoid or does anyone else thinks this doesn't seem like just a coincidence?

Is your appointment with this lady later this morning?

Hope it all works out for you. I'm mobile too and have had this request before. I explained that that as it was a really warm summers day, the temp would affect the setting time of the product. This seemed to do the trick.

Let us know how u get on xx

Sorry, missed ur reply. Glad it's all sorted out for you xx

Latest posts

Back