Nails | Sweet Squared's LOVESHELLAC Salon Locator Goes Live

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am presuming I cannot put my details up there until I have done my Shellac Brings them Back course, does anyone know? I was thinking maybe getting my details on now ready for the influx of customers, for after my course next weekend?? (here's hoping as I am just setting up my business and I see this as great advertising for a new business) xxx

I am presuming I cannot put my details up there until I have done my Shellac Brings them Back course, does anyone know? I was thinking maybe getting my details on now ready for the influx of customers, for after my course next weekend?? (here's hoping as I am just setting up my business and I see this as great advertising for a new business) xxx

No you won't be able to be on the site until your course is completed xx

Can I perhaps try to put a different slant on this...

Sweet Squared have chosen to invest time and money into setting up something here to SUPPORT, PROMOTE and SERVE the busy nail professionals who invest in the full system and buy regularly from them. For those who have fewer clients and therefore have a need to order less frequently, you have choices:

1) You can make sure that you order something - even if it's just CND Shellac top or base coat - within each 60 day period. Yes, you may have a delivery charge to pay here and there, but honestly, it's a few £s in return for ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION OF YOUR BUSINESS! And not on just any old website, but on a website that elevates you above all the messers out there who claim to be using genuine CND Shellac when they are using A.N.Other Knock-Off-Brand from Fleabay. On a website that shows you are backed by the UK distributor of CND products. How fantastic is that?!

2) You can choose to order less often, or to save your delivery cost pennies and order from Ellisons, and guess what? You won't feature on loveshellac.com, but you can still list your business on CND.com's CND Shellac salon locator. You will still be using an award-winning product that has saved many nail professionals' businesses. A product that sees the consumer searching Google and finding us and our websites on a daily basis. Loveshellac.com would be an amazing asset to you too, but it's your choice.

As I see it, Sweet Squared have gone above and beyond with loveshellac.com, and I for one would happily PAY to have my business listed on there. Surely a place where consumers can differentiate between true CND Shellac businesses and 'it's-not-shellac-but-it's-like-shellac-so-I'll-say-it's-shellac' businesses is what we've all been crying out for? And if I have to pay an occasional postage charge or order top or base coat slightly ahead of when I need it, then fine. I am truly grateful to Sweet Squared for once again putting their nail professionals first and furthering their promise to Serve The (nail) Pro!
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION OF YOUR BUSINESS

you forgot to add ' for free' up to scratch.

No you won't be able to be on the site until your course is completed xx

Thank you, I will just have to be patient, something I am not good at lol.xx

ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION OF YOUR BUSINESS

you forgot to add ' for free' up to scratch.

EXACTLY! Big love to you, Rinn! :hug:

Just want to add thanks to Up To Scratch for understanding where we are coming from and for Rinn recognizing that it is indeed a FREE service.:hug:

Just want to add thanks to Up To Scratch for understanding where we are coming from and for Rinn recognizing that it is indeed a FREE service.:hug:

Seriously Samantha, I can't think of any other distributor who invests even close to as much time and money into supporting their nail professionals' businesses as Sweet Squared does. You guys go above and beyond, and we in the UK are SO lucky to get to reap the rewards. :love:

Are purchases from Manchester Academy included now? I usually buy direct off you but nipped into Leigh last week to purchase base&top coat. I'm not showing up so is there a time delay or shall i give s2 a ring tomorrow?
I'm usually around the 60 days now as dont stock to far ahead but am going to Leigh end of Feb and mid March for Brisa Lite / Sculpting gels so unsure whether to buy there or from S2 direct ? Thanks

It is not free for me.

How come?

I have explained earlier in this thread. I trained last year with cnd and 'stocked up' with supplies when I completed my training. I don't have enough clients yet to quite order new top/base coat every two months. Even if I did it would be much more efficient to buy from ellisons local to me.

Therefore to stay on the locator will cost me £6.60 in unnecessary delivery charges (and its not as if s2 are making any money from these)

I think the locator is a great idea but at this stage of my business and due to where I am located in the country it doesn't work for me and it would be really helpful to have that boost to my advertising + reputation. I have spent £1000's with s2 in product and training so it does irritate me slightly as I want to be on there!!

I have considered the delivery charge as an advertising cost but I am getting better results from a similar spend on facebook and local advertising.

My suggestion would be that anyone who does a course with s2 that includes shellac training should get say 6 months or so on the locator. that gives you a chance to built your client base and seems fairer since s2 know you have up to date training and correct products + lamp which is surely the point of the locator and not just to promote 'busy' shellac salons.

Just my opinion and I'm in no way rubbishing s2 or their locator both of which are fab. Just want to put my position across as I know there will be others in a similar situation and I'm sure s2 would want to support us just as much as the bigger salons.

Last edited:
It's still free, you're not asked to pay any fees to be listed just a minimum turnover on your account. You could have spent the same amount of money training with another company and not have any chance of promotion. I'm not in the UK by the way so I can't take advantage of this locater. Mores the pity

It's still free, you're not asked to pay any fees to be listed just a minimum turnover on your account. You could have spent the same amount of money training with another company and not have any chance of promotion. I'm not in the UK by the way so I can't take advantage of this locater. Mores the pity

will have to agree to disagree on what we mean by free.

it is promoted (and presented to the consumer) as a way of finding a salon using geniune shellac not a way of finding a salon with a minimum turnover. I understand obviously s2 have to find a way to manage who is displayed, and on the whole I think the system is great but there is a (perhaps small) minority who have been overlooked and I have provided some constructive feedback and a suggestion for a way to make it better.

I'm happy to hear a reason why you think my suggestion is a bad idea or if mrs geek says it can't technically be done thats fine.

other companies also have salon finders, nail harmony, jessica, biosculpture to name a few.

Yes it's free but so it should be. We are buying products and spending our money with them. Without us buying their products there would be no SS.
It's in their best interest to have a salon locater as it benefits everyone.
I would never pay to go on a company's salon finder.
It was the same when HD Brows first started, they wanted you to pay to go on their salon finder. I refused but luckily they saw sense and realised how beneficial the salon finder is and they now don't charge.
I spend a lot of money with SS and think the 2 month time limit is ridiculous.
I can understand their thinking but 2 months is too short a time. I bulk buy and I buy from the shows so I don't need to order every 2 months.
Most people will buy more than they need to avoid the postage charges. So you either pay the postage charges or get taken off the salon finder for not ordering every 2 months.
I think if they changed it to 6 months then that would be perfect.

I think some people are missing the point slightly. EVERYBODY still has the opportunity to list on the main Shellac Salon Finder on CND.com

What S2 have done with loveshellac.com is set up something EXTRA. Specifically for us here in the UK. I must admit to being slightly dumbfounded at some of the responses to this thread.

I think some people are missing the point slightly. EVERYBODY still has the opportunity to list on the main Shellac Salon Finder on CND.com

What S2 have done with loveshellac.com is set up something EXTRA. Specifically for us here in the UK. I must admit to being slightly dumbfounded at some of the responses to this thread.

Sam i have ordered today but my training was with Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh will I be able to add myself?

I feel I am being a bit dosey, so tired today... How do I register my details on loveshellac.com? I regularly order from S2 so fitting the criteria as far as I am concerned! :D x

Me too! £6.60 every two months is hardly excessive anyway. Most businesses have to spend on advertising until they are established so this is no different. In fact £3.30 a month is much cheaper than most other forms of web advertising.
When I started my business I spent £1000s with S2 and then there was no salon locator! Wish there had been :)

I feel I am being a bit dosey, so tired today... How do I register my details on loveshellac.com? I regularly order from S2 so fitting the criteria as far as I am concerned! :D x

I don't know about registering, but for updating I have just found it under my account and then manage locator.

I didn't realise there is also a Minx locator too. I'm not on it though as I have not bought recently enough! I've got so many designs, I don't think I'm ever likely to be on it anytime soon!

I don't know about registering, but for updating I have just found it under my account and then manage locator.

I didn't realise there is also a Minx locator too. I'm not on it though as I have not bought recently enough! I've got so many designs, I don't think I'm ever likely to be on it anytime soon![/QUOTE/]

Well that info helped actually - I just checked my account through S2 and I am now on the locator! Cheers!

Latest posts

Back