Nails | Sweet Squared's LOVESHELLAC Salon Locator Goes Live

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
www.loveshellac.com is buzzing with red ‘blips’ all over the country, showcasing professional CND Shellac nail stylists and salons who have added their details to the LoveShellac Salon Locator created by Sweet Squared Co-Founder Samuel Sweet.

Having started this well over a year ago, Sweet Squared’s mission has been to help the consumer find a true CND Shellac salon with certified Shellac nail stylists manning the desks. It means as well, that Sweet Squared can determine that salons are using all the full-service Shellac power-tools from the CND UV Lamp, Shellac Top and Base coats to Shellac colours and of course Remover Wraps (as opposed to soaking nails in dreary bowls of acetone). The Shellac loving consumer (of which there are legions) expects high standards from her CND Shellac Nail Stylist and Sweet Squared are making sure she gets that high-end Shellac Power Polish treatment!

They have been working closely with their professional customers to make this happen and the real beauty of Shellac is that only Sweet Squared Shellac purchasing customers who are regularly buying CND Shellac, can add their details. “This means that through editorial and PR, we are directing our consumers to salons where they can be assured of the true Shellac Power Polish service they crave,” says Sweet Squared’s Samantha Sweet.

Thousands of Sweet Squared customers around the UK have signed up to the LoveShellac Salon Locator giving the discerning UK nail loving consumer, ample opportunity to get her beloved Shellac Power Polish treatment, wherever she may reside! If you haven't signed up, what are you waiting for?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-16 at 13.31.27.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-16 at 13.31.27.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 783
This is a fantastic!!!! ... Yay I found me :D thank you S2 love and respect to you xx

I love being a blip better than a plebe ;)

Last edited:
Do I have to be invited to be added to the salon locator?

If not how do I do it?

Have looked for a Professionals/Just for Pros button as on the CND website but can not see one

If you have an account with S2 you log in to you account click on salon locator add your details and save make sure you've not clicked don't show my details as then no one can find you hth :) xx

Thank you TIPTOP :)

Hmm

We are registered on sweet squared, and I have updated the my account with the location details, but we are not showing up! Hope this is just teething problems

Ive got this problem as well and i registered ages ago

I am not showing either. I do feel the teething problems should have been sorted prior to the site going live. Such as purchase details from sub distributors being shown. I'm sure it will get sorted in time.

Llian

.....just looking at The Ed's post, is their a window cling available?

Lilian

I'm the only person listed on loveshellac.com in my area, bonus!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm the only person listed on loveshellac.com in my area, bonus!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Me too! Only Shellac provider on the locator within 15 miles of my town... ;)

xxx

I'm registered but not showing on the locator. Hope it gets sorted soon :)
Vicki x

I was the only one in my area when I looked last night. I'm not going to look anymore though!

I love that pic, Ed. Can I borrow it for promoting myself as being on loveshellac?

When I spoke with S2 today I was told that you had to have bought shellac from S2 within the last 60 days to show up on the salon locator. I bought shellac at the Manchester show and usually buy through CND Manchester so I am not very impressed with that.

Oooops ! My mistake sorry, i just found mine, so it is on

I registered months ago. Couldn't find my business, mailed SS, replied saying you have to of purchased the whole range, continued to order within 6 months and done their Shellac course. Feel quite despondent with it, as did buy a huge amount from them, but being a qualified professional didn't think and was told didn't have have done the Shellac course.

Give sweet squared a call ladies, I wasn't showing up and apparently as I hadn't made a purchase in a certain number of days I wasn't showing up. Made a purchase and bingo there is was :) x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

When I spoke with S2 today I was told that you had to have bought shellac from S2 within the last 60 days to show up on the salon locator. I bought shellac at the Manchester show and usually buy through CND Manchester so I am not very impressed with that.

sorry Joe didn't see your post. I understand what you mean I put in a very large order in August then the new colours in September so the 60 day thing baffled me. When I questioned it I was told for a professional that offers shellac I should be ordering every 60 days which I understood to mean that I should be running out of items and needing to replenish. The downside I can see from this is that if you're new or relatively new like myself it takes time to build meaning I don't always need to order every 60 days. Now where I don't get this is if your new you need as much exposure as possible, so being on the salon locator would surely help that wouldn't? Confused?!
Also I try to wait to order a few things at once so I only pay one lot of postage or as I did in August put a huge order in in one go, so free postage. So again a wee bit disappointed.

That said I ordered top coat and in the future there are a few colours I could do with topping up.

My only problem now is my home salon is located directly behind the town marker/pin and you don't see me unless you zoom in on the map which in my area you wouldn't bother doing as there's only two of us that do it and the Towns are super close. If you search by postcode you can see me but not sure how many people would do that as opposed to your town. Anyway I called sweet squared again and they said they'd pass the information on as there are a few glitches as to be expected. X

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

I think it's great.

The way it comes across to me is that it has been created to assist those poor clients that have had the unfortunate experience of receiving a sub standard Shellac service. The only way S2 can make sure they are referring clients to the correct people is if you have attended a course (meaning you definitely know the correct procedure) and that you purchase regularly, meaning you are experienced.

That is my view.

There will be teething problems or things that will change because it didn't work or they found a way to do it better but that comes from good feedback, much like the posts here. What was it Bon Jovi said?

Keep the Faith xxx

Hey guys.

Thanks for your feedback. Hope I can help shed some light on things.

The Locator has been a goal of ours for some time now. The goal was to provide consumers a real mechanism that could be counted on for finding professionals that are consuming Shellac. This is A LOT more challenging than doing a simple "sign up foreva" system (which IMO is useless to the consumer).

First point of contention... the cut-off date.

Currently, if we have no record of any Shellac purchases within 60 days, you are not shown on the "radar". We had to draw the line somewhere and that time frame covered the vast majority of purchasers. To put it into perspective, doing only 1 Shellac service per day... the average professional would go through almost 3 bottles of Top Coat, 3 bottles of colour and 1.5 bottles of Base Coat. If you are doing far less than 1 per day, then I would think Shellac isn't a primary focus.

And on the date cut off... so you go 61 days without a purchase... well. That would be 1 day out of 121 days you didn't appear. Which is 120 days more than you would have appeared without the system in place :D

Purchases from Distributor Partners

The reason the system took so damn long to get to market is that we worked hard to create a system where all Partners would be able to participate. Unfortunately the integration is taking longer than expected. Saying that, we didn't think that we should hold back any longer as there are people out there who could benefit from it TODAY. Good news is... it shouldn't be too much longer, and remember - if you buy exclusively from a Partner, you are being shown as much as you were last week :D

Bugs

This system is surprisingly complex. I know because it became my fricken baby. And I made most of the bugs (but to my credit, I made all the non bugs too!).

The more complex the system is, the more the likelihood of hiccups. This is very complex and we have had a bunch. In my defence, I can only say that we were surprised to see the guys that did the styling publish it when they did. It was supposed to be polished up over the weekend (which it was... but it shouldn't have been live at that stage!).

The system still has a couple of gremlins in it. Some people are not showing when they should be. I should finish the last of these issues within the next 24 hours.

In the meantime... if you really feel that you should be appearing and you are not... don't take it personally. It just my coding. Email it at sweetsquared.com and we will get on it.

Anyhoo... thanks for your patience and nJoy the new customers :D

Latest posts

Back