Nature' Way Cosmetics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I wonder if anyone can help me please. I want to retail cleansers, moisturisers, toners etc and I am not loyal to one brand. A colleague of mine suggested Nature's Way because she had trained with it during at her college and said it was made from plants and herbs. I thought this would be perfect for me as I try and keep everything as natural or organic as I can with my mobile salon service. My clients like my ethos and I thing this brand would fit in well. Can anyone advise me if they have used the product or if they have any comments about it.

Many thanks.

Hi birdy

I personally would suggest you look at different products, i trained with natures way at college and much prefer the others out there.Plus i think people might be abit miffed if they turned up for a facial and found they were using those products as they are pretty cheap. Have you tried contacting different companies ? There are quite a few that use natural products which is what i was lookin for and you can always ask for some samples. HTH :hug:
xxxxx

Nature's way is the pants, bottom end of skincare range.... if you want something affordable to start with i suggest eve taylor, but please please please im begging you dont get natures way, you really would be doing a diservice to both you and your clients and you want your business to grow right? HTH

Hi Many thanks for the response and the comments, can you please back up your dislike for Nature's Way - have you had personal experience of these products as you are very strong in your response.

Birdy

Hello, i use this brand in my facials (only recently trained as a beauty therapist) and i really like using it. it may not be as expensive as others, but starting out, its a good one to use. All of my clients comment on the smell and how much they like it. Theres quite a big range as well as they cater for all skin types. xx

I find the smell quite off putting it sort of reminds me of yoghurt :irked: and so many people on my course found while we were practicing facials they had really bad skin out breaks. What other brands have you looked at? i know some of them are pretty expensive compared to natures way but most of them really are worth it and i doubt you will look back if you go for a different one.

xxxx

I think if you're looking for something "natural", you need to create the definition for yourself.

There are a lot of companies who call their products "natural".

What does that mean to you?

Does it mean:

Botanical ingredients? (again, define what that is)
No petroleum derivatives? (propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, mineral oil - and lots more)
What about preservatives? (There are several classes of preservatives, most of them NOT natural)
Artificial fragrances? (one of the most common allergens)
Organic ingredients? (What percentage organic? Of the non-organic ingredients, which ones are synthetic or even toxic?)

After you figure out where you stand philosophically, you can then make your buying decisions based on price, minimum orders (or lack thereof), shipping costs, training, and customer service.

Hope that helps!

Bonnie

I had a facial at a college where they used Nature's Way. My skin burned and stung for hours afterwards.
If you're looking for an organic range you can't go far wrong with Spiezia. It's 100% organic, and is certified with the Soil Association. They have a facial cleanser, toner, v gentle rose and chamomile flower scrub, facial oil, body products, baby products, bath products and products for men. The packaging is all recycled, the company is in Cornwall so you're helping an economically depressed area of the country, and your clients will love it. Mine certainly do!

Here are the details of Jo Lynes, their Spa Development Co-ordinator. Tell her Calla Salon recommended them!

Mainline: 0870 850 8 851

Direct: 01326 221797

Spiezia Organics Ltd - 'MADE FOR LIFE'

Spiezia Organics - 100% Organic Skincare and Bodycare

we used nature's way at college, the class complained about it, I remember it smelling discusting very artificial strong fragrance, the products felt heavy and irritated a few of our skins

I dont think this product would be condusive to your ethos of being "natural" IMHO

I agree with the majority here!!

We used Natures Way in college, and most of us reacted to something or other. If you've never used anything else professionally then they may do the job... but when you've got experience of other more professional brands, you will see that they're really nothing to write home about. They served a purpose - and that purpose was to give us something to practise with!!

I would never use products on my clients that I'm not happy to use on myself. Can I recommend you do a little more research, before you invest your hard earned cash in Natures Way?

If you're looking for an organic range you can't go far wrong with Spiezia. It's 100% organic, and is certified with the Soil Association.

I took a look at the website, and it does look like quite a nice product line, although not with a huge breadth of products. For those who are local to this company, I can see plenty of marketing opportunities (ie. support local, organic, can only get it here, etc.)

I wonder why they don't list their full ingredients on their website? I like full disclosure when I'm making business decisions. I wonder, too, what preservative system they use. That can make it or break it for me.

I read your post with interest as I also used Nature’s Way products at college. No one in my class had any kind of reaction and we had all sorts of skin types. Note: At the original college I went to we used Sensiq and everyone started getting spots. Conclusion was that the sponges being used hadn't been sanitised properly. I have to agree that Natures Way is one of the cheapest lines but you don't say what your client base is - would they be prepared to pay more for their facials if you were to choose a more expensive product line? At the end of the day you get what you pay for. And yes, I would also be miffed if I found out that I was being charged top dollar for a facial using cheap products - who wouldn't.

I did some internet research and found a salon local to me that use Nature’s Way – I have to say that I was surprised that the prices the salon charged for facials were on a par with Dermalogica facials which I think is cheeky. I know personally of a successful therapist who launched her business with Natures Way and has since upgraded to one of the prestigious lines. Her salon is in an affluent area and her client base has accepted the change and increased cost. Would yours?

Good idea to contact different companies to get a comparison and samples as one of the other girls suggests. Some of these companies may want to lock you into a contract if you choose their product line (mine does) or give you a minimum spend and this might not be what you want.

I took a look at the website, and it does look like quite a nice product line, although not with a huge breadth of products. For those who are local to this company, I can see plenty of marketing opportunities (ie. support local, organic, can only get it here, etc.)

I wonder why they don't list their full ingredients on their website? I like full disclosure when I'm making business decisions. I wonder, too, what preservative system they use. That can make it or break it for me.

If you call them they will send you samples and a therapist manual which details all the products, their prices and RRP, and lists all the ingredients. There are no preservatives and therefore each product has a best before date label.

If you call them they will send you samples and a therapist manual which details all the products, their prices and RRP, and lists all the ingredients. There are no preservatives and therefore each product has a best before date label.

I don't live in the country actually, so it's really more of an academic discussion for me. I just like talking about this stuff.

As for preservatives - they use SOMETHING. Whether it's grapeseed extract, or Vitamin E, or some other natural preservative (or NOT-natural, as is sometimes the case), they've got to use something. Otherwise, it would need refrigeration, and go off within a week or two.

I just prefer full disclosure, so that I can form a proper opinion.

:O :O NATURES WAY IS FAB.

It's certainly is classed as the bottom end of products from decleor but i've gone from using dermologica to natures way at a different college and i much prefer natures way.

Feels nicer,
Smells nicer,
Easier to use,
And has a better effect than dermologica i think.
It certainly would be good to retail i think as a lot of people don't want to spend a fortune on something they've never tried before..

I don't live in the country actually, so it's really more of an academic discussion for me. I just like talking about this stuff.

As for preservatives - they use SOMETHING. Whether it's grapeseed extract, or Vitamin E, or some other natural preservative (or NOT-natural, as is sometimes the case), they've got to use something. Otherwise, it would need refrigeration, and go off within a week or two.

I just prefer full disclosure, so that I can form a proper opinion.

I too like full disclosure, and believe me I looked at a lot of brands before I settled on this one!
I've had a look at the manual and have listed below the ingredients of the body oil.
Sesame oil
jojoba oil
almond oil
apricot kernel oil
wheatgerm oil
cowslip
yarrow
geranium
lavender
mandarin

So you're quite correct in that the wheatgerm oil will act as a preservative. Forgive me, when I said there are no preservatives I thought you meant synthetic ones like parabens. Mea culpa!

Latest posts

Back