Need faster setting monomer for 3D art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme

Reaction score
Hi!

I am looking to faster setting acrylic monomer for making 3D design.
I have been using NSI attraction liquid with Ezflow and Nfu oh coloured powder, and never had a problem before.

Because of the temperature of my salon and client's hands are low in this season, I found difficult to make 3D. (I'm working with drier ratio than summer time.)

Ez flow coloured powder is universal, Nfu oh recommends to use it with thier monomer or entity's and they say those two are fast setting.

I heard you can warm up a bottle of monomer in between your thighs prior to use, but I'm too lazy to do this.:)

Is Nfu oh monomer faster setting than NSI attraction?
Do you know any tips for setting acrylic faster?

Thank you

Meg x

Hi

I'm new to the nail industry and have been searching sites to find a product that I feel I could work best with, and have come across this system which may be of interest to you????

United Beauty - Shop

I'm pretty sure that CND's Moxie liquid is faster setting :) I have my trial sizes from my foundation kit and have been using the Moxie in my Popits and it seems to set quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Astonishing Nails products, and liquid is fast setting. You could try that.
I've got one tip for you - when you've got a ball of acrylic on your brush, touch towel table to remove an excess of monomer from the body of your brush and start to create your design. the ball wont be so wet and acrylic sets faster

Nfu.Oh monomer is a medium set monomer.

Nfu.Oh colour & glitter powders are classed as universal and can be used with any monomer, hence why so many people can use them for their art work, without actually changing over their whole system.

If you want a faster set for doing 3d work, then a trick I have learned from many nail artists and fantasy nail competition winners is to add a little acetone to the monomer you use for the 3d work. I am sure it has been mentioned on here before too.
HTH

Nfu.Oh monomer is a medium set monomer.

Nfu.Oh colour & glitter powders are classed as universal and can be used with any monomer, hence why so many people can use them for their art work, without actually changing over their whole system.

If you want a faster set for doing 3d work, then a trick I have learned from many nail artists and fantasy nail competition winners is to add a little acetone to the monomer you use for the 3d work. I am sure it has been mentioned on here before too.
HTH

Thank you izzidoll!
I have searched but I could not find, and you gave me a answer I wanted.
I will search again.

Thanks again.

Meg

deffo the acetone trick, i always do it.
60 % monomer AND 40 % ACETONE

never do this for the actual nail though, its only for doing the 3d decoration.

I love Creative Nail Moxie......It sets up faster than anything I have tried. Also I live in Wyoming where it get rather cold.....As we all know monomer sets up slower when its cold so I use a Monomer warmer that is made by OPI.

deffo the acetone trick, i always do it.
60 % monomer AND 40 % ACETONE

never do this for the actual nail though, its only for doing the 3d decoration.
yes, it has to be done in a separate dappen so that you don't mix it up... it's the trick I used for 3D, until I found a Heat EQ and use a competition liquid... now even in winter i have no problem with that!!

thank you very much, Geeks xxx

what's happening with acrylic brush, if you add acetone to the liquid? isn't brush too dry after that?

what's happening with acrylic brush, if you add acetone to the liquid? isn't brush too dry after that?

I haven't noticed that but after using liquid with aceton you can dip brush to regular liquid so brush doesn't be too dry :)

I love CND Moxie too.....it really is a fast set sculpting liquid, it sets up to 50% faster than traditional sculpting liquids.

Im also having same sort of problem but with doing nails normally, Im having to put place my dappen dish before I apply so that its warm enough!
Id like to know where id get a monomer warmer too pls!!!!! :)

Im also having same sort of problem but with doing nails normally, Im having to put place my dappen dish before I apply so that its warm enough!
Id like to know where id get a monomer warmer too pls!!!!! :)
OPI has one, it's called Heat EQ... then I don't know if all distributors have them

Latest posts

Back