Need help choosing card machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a price comparison for card machines and transactions on our website (UK's only price comparison site for merchant services) and you can select a supplier via website also. Most suppliers have no set up fee and rates are significantly lower than quoted on this thread.

Cardswitcher - Price comparison for merchant services, merchant accounts and card processing costs

If you are doing less than c.£15,000 a year on cards then these mobile card readers you buy outright are good value. Here's a useful article comparing costs on them.

mPos : The price war on mobile payments begins | Cardswitcher

Feel free to PM If I can help further.

Regards
Stephen

Izettle all the way...it runs off an app on my iphone (I think it now works with android too) no monthly rental a one off payment of £120 to purchase chip & pin machine and 2.75% for each transaction and it accepts Amex!

My clients love it!

The barbers next to be use world sage which is similar and they love it!

2.75% on each transaction would make my eyes bleed!

For the amount of money I take on the card machine, paying a monthly rental plus a transaction fee would cost me a lot more. You have to do the maths and figure out what will be more cost effective for you as an individual.

I will be keeping my eye on other deals and my takings and will change accordingly if need be.

Jade - we think around £15k per year of card turnover is where the traditional terminal hire option starts to become more cost effective than the mobile pay as you go options.

Regards
Stephen

Latest posts

Back