Never cease to be amazed how many entrepreneurs there are in our sector LOL

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Without wanting to be sounding condescending but the sector in which I have the pleasure to work in never ceases to amaze me as to how many entrepreneurs there are beavering away within it and growing or trying to grow there business to suit there specific lifestyle,territory or dreams.

I'm convinced that there are many more than present within any other business sector.

Why am I saying this...well cos there simply is :hug:

I have been talking to a mobile therapist (you know who you are LOL) over the last couple of months who is making a substantial monetary investment with what could be a fantastic slant on being a mobile therapist.

Till now she puts her kit in the back of the good old Fiesta and trundles off to her customers home and does the spray tan treatment...like many thousands do

Well this individual has taken mobile treatments to a completely different level and gone out and purchased and Iveco large van which has been fitted out by a coach builder at a huge investment of around £15,000 and will,from what im aware,be the first mobile therapist in the UK who will undertake treatments from the back of a truck.

The plan is not to be driving to singular addresses but to go to industrial estates ..having previously leafleted the area..and all the office workers from all the offices and factories would simply come along and get said treatment during lunch time breaks.

I say well done for investing in a concept that is outside the norm and I do hope all goes well for the scheme.:hug:

If not I guess you can always convert the van into a camper :eek::lol::hug:
She simply pulls up and the customer climes in and gets her/his treatment

Without wanting to be sounding condescending but the sector in which I have the pleasure to work in never ceases to amaze me as to how many entrepreneurs there are beavering away within it and growing or trying to grow there business to suit there specific lifestyle,territory or dreams.

I'm convinced that there are many more than present within any other business sector.

Why am I saying this...well cos there simply is :hug:

I have been talking to a mobile therapist (you know who you are LOL) over the last couple of months who is making a substantial monetary investment with what could be a fantastic slant on being a mobile therapist.

Till now she puts her kit in the back of the good old Fiesta and trundles off to her customers home and does the spray tan treatment...like many thousands do

Well this individual has taken mobile treatments to a completely different level and gone out and purchased and Iveco large van which has been fitted out by a coach builder at a huge investment of around £15,000 and will,from what im aware,be the first mobile therapist in the UK who will undertake treatments from the back of a truck.

The plan is not to be driving to singular addresses but to go to industrial estates ..having previously leafleted the area..and all the office workers from all the offices and factories would simply come along and get said treatment during lunch time breaks.

I say well done for investing in a concept that is outside the norm and I do hope all goes well for the scheme.:hug:

omg! I had this idea too but did not think it was possible! Well done to this geek whoever she is! :hug:

Sounds like to lady who started the Vanity Van. She goes to all the festivals and has a team with her. They do everything from hair and beauty to massage. When I heard about it, it was one of those...'I wish I'd thought of that' moments.

Well done that Geek :green:

I too had an idea like this about a year or so ago but never was able to secure the funding :cry:

Good luck to whoever you are :green:

Sarah. xx

wow thats an amazing thing to do!

definately a "wish i thought of that moment!"

good luck!

Good luck to her! What area does she cover?

good on her, yes i agree i think alot of us in this industry have a hunger for business and being an entrepreneurs, i now have 2 businesses one in beauty and one that isnt my salon was my first and gave me a real hunger for business! x

Good Lord I had this erueka moment on the way home from work only yesterday, honestly I am not kidding, I was soooooo excited toget home to tell the other half. I think it is such a fantastic idea and puts the MOBILE in mobile therapist in the most amazing way.

I wish her all the very very best of luck with it and am (in a very supportive way) throughly jealous :hug:

My plan was a wee Bongo type thing, that would my everyday car and a truly mobile nail station!!

I am still going to do it just need to earn some money and get plenty of experience and practice.

It would be great to hear regular updates :)

PS I'm way way down country in the South West so not a mission to steal, would just be great to hear that it is the rip roaring sucess I know it can be.

xx Claire xx

oh that is such a brilliant idea, fair play to her

i hope it goes great:)

this idea was on the Big Breakfast about 10 years ago! I thought it was a great idea then and would love to have done that.
It was a male therapist who kitted his bus out to do massage treatments.

Sorry Collin, not peeing on your parade but am sure theres quite a few people doing this already, its a fantastic idea!

infact, am sure I entered a guild comp in march to win a van for a week to do this.

good luck to this person, its a fab slant on the business and it will be good I am sure.

Good on the geek for doing it, but there are many people doing this already providing hair and beauty treatments alike from vans lorries and trailers on business parks , estates, film sets etc Its a great slant but not a new one!

Makes me think of Nouvatan Steve's joke where he was going to offer "Tan In A Van" in his hippy wagon ;)

wow, i always used to say that I would do that as a joke but never really thought it was a good idea. my idea was to drive to peoples homes but then people would say to me what if there was not enough room to park the van.
be interesting to see how popular it is?
:)

There is already a girl in Edinburgh who does this! She sits in the van at retail parks!! First time I seen her I wondered what it was as there was a set of wee steps leeding to the door at the side of the van! Upon closer inspection I realised she was a beauty salon!!!

I looked into this idea about 5 years ago... I couldnt afford it after I looked more indepth into it so didn't go for it.. it certainly seemed a good idea.

This is a link to a site that has a franchise offer on it ... it shows the vans too... quite neat but I can't help feel it would feel a little chilly if having a couch treatment. This particular company is called Salon Wheels. I googled it and there was a Salon Bus.. now that is swish... but a huge investment :eek:.. personally I would prefer bricks and mortar I think. :green:

How does water work for facials in the van?

She simply pulls up and the customer climes in and gets her/his treatment[/QUOTE]

Yes and if she does convert it and put it on ebay, our Steve might buy it if he's been left alone again! :green:

Yes and if she does convert it and put it on ebay, our Steve might buy it if he's been left alone again! :green:[/QUOTE]

i am home alone at the moment as Dawn is away spreading the Nouvatan love round some beauty college s , but if it comes up on ebay its mine lol :lol:

It would be interesting to here from those that have already done this as to how successful it has been for them :hug:

Latest posts

Back