Quantcast

never master pink n white ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

lisaowens

Reaction score
Why oh why carnt i do it no prbs with white tips with overlay or natural tips of clear tips with glitter jst can not get to grips with pink and white ends up looking like a shoe ! lol
do uthink i can still work in a salon / mobile without been able to do them ?
one day .....................

Tammy BTN

Reaction score
I'd say no, it's the most popular service.

Have your thought about going back for more training or maybe converting to creative and having a one to one?

When you are working in a salon or mobile about 80% of your business is rebalancing and if you can't rebalance the nails to look as they did the first time = you'd be pretty stuffed.

It would be a lot of money to waste advertising for new clients when you wouldn't be able to perform the service needed to keep them.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Tammy's right about the amount of work being P&W's.
I would say 90% of mine is P&W, with rebalances being the most of it.

You ought to book some more training and have a 1-2-1 for it hun.
I can't tell you how quickly you will pick it up once you've been able to sit down with a trainer and have it shown to you step by step.

And then it's down to practise......xx

SthrnComfort

Reaction score
Why oh why carnt i do it no prbs with white tips with overlay or natural tips of clear tips with glitter jst can not get to grips with pink and white ends up looking like a shoe ! lol
do uthink i can still work in a salon / mobile without been able to do them ?
one day .....................

ummm...how do you do the glitter tips? when i do glitter tips its still using a colour where the white would be....

so just wondering exactly what you mean here...

lisaowens

Reaction score
excatly i can do glitter tips where te white would be as its only a thin layer then clear powder to build nail shape and strenth its jst bloomin white !

Cathie!

Reaction score
I think glitter tips are easier to do than p/w because the glitter is very dense and doesn't contain the pigment that a white powder does, you use it very thin and it's easier to move your smile line when you need to.

Just keep on practicing and take a course with a reputable company who will be able to help you with this.....when you are shown and also watch, it all becomes so much clearer and easier.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
excatly i can do glitter tips where te white would be as its only a thin layer then clear powder to build nail shape and strenth its jst bloomin white !
Nothing wrong with doing your white in the same way as you describe here that you do your glitter.

loubylou

Reaction score
You need a one to one class or skill builders class with creative,
i took a skill builders class the week before opening my little salon and it made the world of difference with the nails i was producing and my confidence

lisaowens

Reaction score
i have taken a skill biuld class ! lol honestly i think i jst need practise i expect to be able to do them perfect straight away ive been sat here all night practsing too !

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
is it the smile line you cant get right...?

lisaowens

Reaction score
js tthe whole tip i get it too thin or lumpy jst seem to panic on white tips ! but i have got a little better been practsing with a form wrapped on a bottle !

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
I'm afraid, the answer is just practice. A 1-2-1 may help you steer in the right direction, but then it is still down to practice.

Rebalancing pink and whites will be 80 % of your regular income so you need to master it. Invest in a 1-2-1, buy a cheap box of nail tips and practice EVERY night, till you master it:hug:

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Remember it is not just down to practise ...............

Practise does NOT make perfect ... PERFECT PRACTISE makes perfect!!

lisaowens

Reaction score
i will master it im already seeing a improvment over the last few days by doing it everynight and i am practising correctly well the way my educator taught me anyhow !
i can do it i can do it i can do it !!

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Quite right!!

Yes ... you can!!

Relax

florence2004

Reaction score
I have the same problem lisa. I can do glitter but can't do whites. My smile lines don't smile or are not symetrical and they are eith too thick or have lumps/holes in the white. I am pretty sure part of it is mix ratio just can't get it right with the white!

Latest posts