new client had been told to bite enhancements of!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberlaika

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just had to tell you this. I had a new cllient phone me for an apt.( new set of enhancements). She had had gel enhancements and now she had taken them of and her nails were quite sore.
She came in today and ,thankfully, her nails were ok to do enhancements on, but what she told me was, that her previous nail tecnician had told her to BITE :eek: her enhancements before applying a new set. ARRRGGHH!!! she was sitting in the salon and the tech. told her to just start removing the enhancemnet while she was waiting. Client asked if she was to do it with some sort of tool or what....but no. This is when she was told to just bite it of as this was much easier. Bloody hell.:mad: I couldn´t believe this. I have obviously explained to her about removing enhancements. As has been said before: no wonder some people think their nails will be ruined by wearing enhancements.

"Thats Shocking"

I bet she was glad to find you!

Andrea

Andrea J Ashley said:
"Thats Shocking"

Andrea

I second this!!
I have never heard of client being told to bite them off before....

Playing devil's advocate here, but are you sure she is telling the truth ?

I can't imagine any tech saying this to a client. Perhaps give them a bowl of acetone to soak in while they are waiting, but biting ??

Perhaps she bit them off and was scared you might notice and tell her off (even though she is a new client) and said it to cover herself.

See how she gets on with her new enhancements ....

River

Ahh i another perfect example of ehy it is hard for us to change peoples perceptions on "the damage done by fake nails".

Good on you for showing her the light

HOLY COW:eek:

Mind you, I'm inclined to think that the new client is full of 'you know what'..... I mean really.. even the nss don't tell people to do that. They just sit them down and rip them off with nippers LOL

the crazy things that people do.
Umm when it hurts, what are they thinking?????

i had a lady in a couple of weeks ago who was told the same. thankfully the gel set she had on must have been so badly lifting that the biting off left relatively little damage.

I did have a client once who did bite them off at every oppertunity ! She is no longer my client :)if it's true and a nail tech did tell her that ......shame on her !

I know she couls be teloling porkies, but a have this horrible feeling, that she is telling the truth. I´ll have to wait and see what my enhancements look like the next time she is around. I´ve told her, by the way, that us nail technicians can tell if clients have been picking at their nails :eek: , so she better behave.

great spelling, *LOL*

I bet she was told that. Some of the things I have heard from new clients are just amazing. How are we ever to raise the image of the nail tech with cowboys like this around?

I wonder how her insurance would stand up if a client broke one of their teeth during the removal :lol:

Now I have to admit, I have been a bad tech and have bitten my enhancements off :smack: but I would Never, Never, Never, tell a client to do it!!! Horrible!!

Shocked! I cant imagine a tech telling a client that but then again I wouldnt put it past some people. At least she found you!

Andrea J Ashley said:
"Thats Shocking"

Andrea

makes me feel sick that there are people out there working as techs and giving us a bad name

looby4444 said:
makes me feel sick that there are people out there working as techs and giving us a bad name

couldnt agree more flower.

then its us good techs, that get the c**p eh

Boy am i glad that i went to a nail school,could you imagine asking someone to bite off their nails and ruining your reputation.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

:eek:
I have heard of salons who dodnt do rebalances/infills you go back once you have removed your own enhancements and they give you a new set.
2 of my clients came form a salon where they have had a buff off gel applied and were told by the 'tech' to soak them off in Acetone before they came back :eek: :smack: :rolleyes: 1 client had her fingers in acetone for 4 hours before she gave up and picked them off, she then called me and is now a v.loyal regular.

Latest posts

Back