New gel please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things struck me as odd.

I only watched the "Fill" video and was surprised at the gel application.... you squeeze it onto the nail (or that's what it looked like) instead of picking it up with your brush out of a pot. The smile line was also done with the nozzle of the tube ! She also kept pinching the gel with what appeared to be a pair of tweezers ..... what's that about ?

But even more bizarrely, when it comes to the curing of the gel, the woman had her finger in and out of that lamp repeatedly i.e. she would stick her finger in for one second, take it out, stick it back in, take it out etc.

Besides heat spike, any logical reason for doing this ?

Marlise

Marlise

I can only think of heat spike. Surely taking it in and out would take forever to cure?

I can only think of heat spike. Surely taking it in and out would take forever to cure?

The whole process of doing one nail seemed to take for ever. There was all sorts of fiddly things that just didn't make any sense to me.

I mean, you would try to simplify a process, not make a more complicated. Have a look at the vid and you will see what I mean.

Marlise

She also kept pinching the gel with what appeared to be a pair of tweezers ..... what's that about ?
The pinching is done to create a more pronounced c-curve, it isn't something a lot of technicians do as it isn't needed unless we're competing, it can cause undue stress to the natural nail.

But even more bizarrely, when it comes to the curing of the gel, the woman had her finger in and out of that lamp repeatedly i.e. she would stick her finger in for one second, take it out, stick it back in, take it out etc.
She was doing that to reduce any possible exothermic reaction (heat spike), I'm a gel user and unless one of my clients has particularly sensitive nailbeds I never pop the nail in and out.
hth's

Did you guy's have the volume up ? :lol:

She is actually removing AIR BUBBLES with the tweezers .

Not for me,that's all i have to say :lol:

I watched the video some time ago, but not recently... perhaps I need to go and have another look lol
So she's not actually 'pinching' the nails but removing air bubbles? :rolleyes:

Actually Sandi,i watched it. Did you guy's have the volume up ? :lol:

Not for me,that's all i have to say :lol:

Yes, I was just going to say. I didn't have the volume on as I'm watching it at work :smack:

But yes, she wasn't pinching the sides to get a C-curve, she was pinching the top of the nail.

Would have helped if I actually heard what was being said :lol:

Marlise

That's right,if i am not mistaken her words are along the lines of

air bubbles can not be popped,they need to be removed with tweezers :lol: and she demonstrates :lol: x

The whole process of doing one nail seemed to take for ever. There was all sorts of fiddly things that just didn't make any sense to me.

I mean, you would try to simplify a process, not make a more complicated. Have a look at the vid and you will see what I mean.

Marlise

Finally managed to get the vid to play. That was awful! The filing of the natural nail made me wince. :eek:
See what you mean now. What a palaver!!

My mouth has just dropped open :eek:
"don't be afraid to get the gel on the skin as it creates a clean smile"... overexposure here we come :eek:

I can't honestly see why there's any need to 'flash' the nails because of heat spike, if that's something that's taught then something's wrong with either the gel or the lamp, it shouldn't happen at all!!!

My mouth has just dropped open :eek:
"don't be afraid to get the gel on the skin as it creates a clean smile"... overexposure here we come :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Missed this as didn't have the sound on as I'm at work. Unbelievable!!

You should try NSI Balance Gel, it is so much better than light fantastic. Balance offers more colours and different consistancies to choose from. You could also try INM Integrity Gel it's also very nice to work with.

SC
I use Balance pink and white gels and am happy. Didn't get on with their colour gels though.

what do you mean all natural and healthy for nails...?

Angel Love is a protien based products(primer, gel, colors etc.) It bonds protien to protien with your nail instead of chemical bonding. There are no acids, mononers, or even vapors. No smell!! It is crystal clear and very durable, most of my clients go 3-5 weeks between fills. I just did mine last night, Mine were 5 week old and still looked good they just had alot of growth.

I hope this answers your question.

Angel Love is a protien based products(primer, gel, colors etc.) It bonds protien to protien with your nail instead of chemical bonding. There are no acids, mononers, or even vapors. No smell!! It is crystal clear and very durable, most of my clients go 3-5 weeks between fills. I just did mine last night, Mine were 5 week old and still looked good they just had alot of growth.

I hope this answers your question.
Isn't that the same as covalent bonding, whereby the product bonds with the keratin?
That's no different to Brisa gel, it uses covalent bonding too!

Emily would you also clarify please ?

When you say healthy for the nails,what do you mean ? I don't understand tbh because nail enhancements do not damage the natural nail.

Thanks x

I use angel love and I love it! The filing on the nail is not what it looks like. I have never had a client complain from filing, you are simply taking off the shine. On the video she was blending the old base to the natural so most of the filing was on product. The in and out motion of the hand is to prevent a heat spike. When doing only one nail it can kind of take along time because you have to wait for it to cure. When doing a whole set there is a method to the madness and I do a full set Scult to finish in an hour. I have seen lots of other gels; ibd, young nails, gelousy, they all say that they use covelant bonding but if you look at the chemical makeup of them on the bottle they have the same chemical properties of acrylic, (monomers) these are the things that are unhealthy for the nail. I have not seen brisa yet but maybe I will have to look into it. Does Brisa have monomers in it? How long can people go between fills? All I am saying is don't knock it before you tried it!:lol:

I have seen lots of other gels; ibd, young nails, gelousy, they all say that they use covelant bonding but if you look at the chemical makeup of them on the bottle they have the same chemical properties of acrylic, (monomers) these are the things that are unhealthy for the nail.

This statement is inaccurate,monomer (in any form,be it gel or liquid and powder) has no detrimental effect on the natural nail whatso ever.

Emily would you also clarify please ?

When you say healthy for the nails,what do you mean ? I don't understand tbh because nail enhancements do not damage the natural nail.

Thanks x

Becki,
What does TBH mean? Maybe it is just the town where I live but I have clients come to me with extremely damaged nails. Your lucky if this is not what you run into.

Becki,
What does TBH mean? Maybe it is just the town where I live but I have clients come to me with extremely damaged nails. Your lucky if this is not what you run into.

Products do NOT cause damage to natural nail, if applied by a well trained and good technician. Bad technicians cause damage to natural nails.

Becki,

Tbh is to be honest :green:

Hun acrylic in any form causes no damage to the natural nail.

What does cause damage is a technician using an incorrect filling technique,and also the client picking or removing enhancements by force.

Hth's

Latest posts

Back