New Guild Photographic Nail Competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Guild

Reaction score
We know that you are a talented bunch, and so we are giving you the opportunity to showcase your talents. As part of the May Beautyguild Expo – our online trade exhibition – the Guild are running three fabulous photographic competitions for you to enter.

The first competition is Pink & White Overlay Nails. Entrants can use any system, and must complete one hand only. No nail trainers can be used when entering the competition.

We are also running a Nail Art Competition, and as the summer is approaching, the theme is ‘Beach Fun’. Again, the example must be of one hand, with no nail trainers. Entries should not include 3D Nail Art.

For the beauty therapists, we are running a Make-Up Competition, and the theme is Bridal Make-Up. No airbrush make-up can be used, and judging will focus on the make-up, not hair or visual effects.

The closing date for entries to be submitted is May 16, and all entries will be judged by a specially invited panel of industry experts. Full details of judges and prizes will be published soon. Winners will be announced on May 21st, and all entries will be displayed on the Beautyguild.com website.

To enter, you should submit a high quality photograph. All entries will be subject to blind judging, so photographs should not include any name or identification. All entrants and models should be aged 16 or over. All work should be original, and no copyright or watermarked images will be accepted.
All entries must be submitted electronically by email or CD. The entry must be accompanied by your name, address, job title, email, phone number, and the name of the competition you are entering.

Entries should be emailed to [email protected], and the name of the competition you are entering should be included in the subject line. CD’s should be addressed to the name of the competition you are entering, and sent to Guild House, 320 Burton Road, Derby, DE23 6AF.

If you need any more info, feel free to PM me.

Just to clarify, it is free to enter, and you can enter more than once.

Do you have to be a member of the Guild to enter ?

come on people this is a great way to try a comp if you haven't done one before.......and if you are practising then this is ideal so i want to see lots of you guys entering please :green:

Kirsty....step away from the nail products and DONT ENTER !!! :green::twisted:
Lol,

I will be entering, I think this is fab...come on everyone !!!
Get your nail heads on and enter !!!

For the pink and white overlay competition is it just about the nails or is it the whole image ? and when you say overlay do you mean no tips or sculpting?

For the pink and white overlay competition is it just about the nails or is it the whole image ? and when you say overlay do you mean no tips or sculpting?

The image obviously helps towards the overall styling but it is the nails themselves that will be judged.

Yes, overlay does not include tips and/or sculpting.

Kirsty....step away from the nail products and DONT ENTER !!! :green::twisted:
Lol,

I will be entering, I think this is fab...come on everyone !!!
Get your nail heads on and enter !!!

lol emms i don't think i have time to do it which i am gutted about i have to do a photo for scotland and the scratch shoot out and practise for nailympics..oh and work lol :green:

lol emms i don't think i have time to do it which i am gutted about i have to do a photo for scotland and the scratch shoot out and practise for nailympics..oh and work lol :green:

Nah... forget the work lol. Have a go! :green:

just to clarify, I am qualified to level 3 in VTCT make-up artist qualifications, can I enter the make-up competition, or do I have to be a beauty therapist?

I have never entered a competition before but am very tempted to try.

I've seen other peoples entries from other comps and the photos were very very artistic, not just the nails but everything - do they have to be like that too or do we just concentrate on the nails?

The image obviously helps towards the overall styling but it is the nails themselves that will be judged.

Yes, overlay does not include tips and/or sculpting.

so pink and white natural nail overlay, NO EXTENSIONS ?

what about the nail art, is this to be on natural nails only, or can it be on extended nails ?

Nah... forget the work lol. Have a go! :green:
I agree !!!

I have to say though, It may be hard for me to enter too now, as at the moment I don't know ANYONE with a free edge to overlay lol..
The only clients I have are extention clients..so as its natural nail overlay Emm's is bowing out on this one :cry:

Nevermind hey lol :lol:

Good luck to all :hug:

Latest posts

Back