New Guild Photographic Nail Competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree !!!

I have to say though, It may be hard for me to enter too now, as at the moment I don't know ANYONE with a free edge to overlay lol..
The only clients I have are extention clients..so as its natural nail overlay Emm's is bowing out on this one :cry:

Nevermind hey lol :lol:

Good luck to all :hug:
Yeah, i know what you mean Emma, all mine have extensions or natural nails but wont let acrylic anywhere near their natural nails,
and i cant use my own nails as i am modeling at london so they have to be acrylic free and in good condition so i am out of this one too :cry:

just to clarify, I am qualified to level 3 in VTCT make-up artist qualifications, can I enter the make-up competition, or do I have to be a beauty therapist?

Please tell me, I so wanna enter this:green:

(sorry for being impatient:rolleyes:)

I'm out to, all the people i kno either have extentions or natural, my mum has great long natural nails but wont let me near them with acrylic, shame as i was goin to enter this one as my first ever comp

Those that are bowing out, why you could enter the nail art one couldnt you?

Please tell me, I so wanna enter this:green:

(sorry for being impatient:rolleyes:)

Sorry for the delay. There are no restrictions on entry, so you can be a student, or qualified. You don't have to be a Guild Member and there is no entry fee.

I don't know if I missed it, but, do you get something for winning?

Kathleen

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I missed it, but, do you get something for winning?

Kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Yes, there will be prizes available. We are just waiting for confirmation from sonsors before announcing these.

Hey, I really want to start doing competitions so this sounds like a perfect opportunity.

I wanna ask a really dumb question....what is classed as 3D art? and what would be nail art that isnt 3D?

Really want to enter see :lol:

Thanx Maxine x

But how would you know?

lol x :lol: Cathie that was so funny , must admit though you do have a point here ,
so maybe they will probably want a before picture ?

I cant stop giggling now sorry :hug: x
its going to be hard getting someone with a decent free edge though isnt it ?

I'm out to, all the people i kno either have extentions or natural, my mum has great long natural nails but wont let me near them with acrylic, shame as i was goin to enter this one as my first ever comp

I have long natural nails.. would you have to cut them off to do it?

I have long natural nails.. would you have to cut them off to do it?
No hun your nails do not get cut off,
they are filed so they are all the same length and shape and then the L&P or gel is applied over your natural nail hth

No hun your nails do not get cut off,
they are filed so they are all the same length and shape and then the L&P or gel is applied over your natural nail hth

So I would still have my lovely long nails? but then again I have one that is half dead (very short and wont grow... would she need both hands to do the comp?)

No hun just the one :hug:

Hi just wondering when the comp is due to start and for make up photos do you need before and after photos? Thanks x

Hi just wondering when the comp is due to start and for make up photos do you need before and after photos? Thanks x

Hi Melanie,

The competition is open now, and will close on May 16th. Winners will be announced on May 21st. We do not need 'before' photo's, just your entry.

If there is no before photo needed,
can I please ask as Cathie did, How are you going to know the nails have not been extended ???

I can now confirm that the judges for the nails competitions will be:

Gigi Rouse (Geeg)
Sylvia Johnson
Louisa Winfield

If there is no before photo needed,
can I please ask as Cathie did, How are you going to know the nails have not been extended ???

Because you are only doing one hand NNO do you need both hands in the pic to prove they are NNO.

can i use my own hand as i have NNO.

Latest posts

Back