New here! Just wanted to say HI!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaV.

Reaction score
Hey,
Just wanted to say Hi!
icon_biggrin.gif
I've been lurking for about a week just to see if I would fit in here. I must say that I feel very comfortable, and love everyone's personality and advice. You all seem to be very helpful & friendly.
I will introduce myself...kinda...I'm 30 something, married and have 2 girls. 20 & 15 (don't do the math!). I've been a tech for about 3 years...LOVE this business, where else can you get paid for hangin' out, chattin' and making people feel better about themselves!
I live in Florida, US. YES, the hurricane capital of the world right now
icon_cry.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
! We are about to have our 3rd in a month! My area isn't expected to have any trouble from this one, Thank goodness!
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I was here and that I hope to be able to just hang out, learn, and contribute when I feel like I have something important to say.
Hope to get to know you all soon!
LisaV.
BTW I found this site through beautytech.com

hi lisa,
and welcome from florida.:)

i joined a couple of weeks ago, and its very friendly and informative, and really addictive.

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the site. I contribute to Beautytech sometimes too as does the nailgeek himself.
I really empathize with you over the hurricane season this year. My brother lives in Sarasota and so we've been living through all of it with him .... my phone bills!! Lets hope this is the last threat of the season for you all. :)

Feel free to contribute anytime whether it is important or not. For that we have the Chit Chat section just for fun.

I SO MUCH prefer this site layout to beautytech .. it is much easier to read all the comments etc. Anyway we hope to hear from you again soon; we love having the US perspective to broaden ou r views.

Hi Lisa,
Great to 'meet' you :)
Look forward to your input, and hope you love it here as much as Beautytech.
Btw, its a little windy here in England too at the mo :rolleyes: :o :lol:

Hi Lisa
Your Very welcome to this site and of course you will fit in everyone here is great .
The sites full of help advice & friends.

Ruby :)

hi Lisa, I joined in August and am picking up so much advice and good practice tips as well as making buddies as you will too. Look forward to catching up with you throughout the threads.
Pam x

Hi and welcome Lisa

you'll love it here, everyone is so friendly and helpful :biggrin:

^5 to a fellow tech in the U.S.A!!
I felt so alone here....lol....just kidding.
It's great to have you as a part of the site.
I visited Pensacola in June, and it was beautiful.
Feel free to e-mail me, or send me a private message if you would like to.
Welcome aboard!

Welcome to a great place to ask questions and find stuff out and generally have a blast. This site is like a bible to me and i have made some grea tfriends on here too.

Its good to see people from all over the world, and to get different opinions on things.

Welcome aboard.:D

Welcome LisaV - Lovely to have a Sunshine State Tek to keep us up-to-date with the weather - and of course nails!!! :o :eek: :D

Hiya LisaV!
I've been doin nails for 3 years also, totally love everything about it!
I don't really post much on here but check it out everyday, great tips and advice! Hope you enjoy this site as much as i do!

Good luck with all

Tracyann xxx

Welcome to the best nail site EVER. You will learn loads on here but I'm sure you will be helping others out with all your advice just as much.

We have friends who are currently 'holidaying' in Florida. Hope all turns out well for residents & tourists alike.

Sonia

A huge welcome to the wonderful world of the geeks............
enjoy and have bags of fun xxxx

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm so glad this storm missed us this time, we've had enough! I am praying for the people in it's path though. This one is BAD! I've read in the news that it might actually sink New Orleans!!!! I've haven't been there yet :sad: .

I love all of the different slang. It might take me awhile to figure it out so bear with me. As you with my "southun'" slang. Also, I'm sure my spelling is different, so don't think of me as illiterate, just American :cool: .

Anyway, glad to be here! :biggrin:

Smooches!
Lisa

Welcome aboard the Geeky Train Lisa - enjoy the ride :biggrin: !!!

Hi!! I only joined recently and really like this site, i come here every few days or so. :biggrin:

Hi Lisa

Welcome to the board - hope you are surving okay with your freakish weather at the mo. I can't imagine what it must be like for all your Floridians... I just love Florida, have been many many times - last time to Clearwater when Hurricane Flloyd landed - that was an interesting holiday...

anyway hope to see some post from you soon....

ttfn

Hello LisaV,

my name is Sue and I joined just a week ago so I'm new too.

I am a really creative/adventurous client rather than a tech and I joined initially to try and find out the name of a product that I liked alot (turned out to be crushed shells). I'm already totally hooked and come in every day to see what's going on. I work in IT so it's easy to keep the window open most of the day, which reminds me to comment on what a great site this is, technically speaking. Really easy/nice to use, so five stars for that (*****) to the head geek.

My nail tech is a real wiz and we have loads of fun trying out new things. I'm going to introduce her to the site too and hopefully post some of her work.

I live in the Netherlands, so finding this site is a real bonus for me. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. I love it and I wish you lots of fun with the new "family".

Sue.

Latest posts

Back