New Jessica Product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a tad confused by the Jessica one being described as self-levelling, that would apply to a 'gel' as opposed to a polish.

Jessica polishes are also meant to be self levelling[/QUOTE]

I would say all polishes are self leveling (always have been) .. nothing unique in that .. polish is supposed to have a smooth finish like any other type of paint finish which you wouldn't get without leveling properties.

I think by self-levelling they mean it will fill ridges etc & leave a smooth finish without having to do anything to it - but until I see it I don't know for definite.

Also, by no prep I meant that there's no prep necessary other than that for a normal polish (i.e. tidying the nail plate).

Personally I couldn't care less whether it's a gel, gel-polish, like Shellac, not like Shellac or whatever - if it delivers what it's promising then that's good enough for me!

Coloured gels have been around for years! I don't really understand the hype. If the manufacturers have managed to make them thinner and less prone to shrinkage then great!

Martin, you're right, if they all perform as promised then........ The advent of Shellac has certainly led all the other brands into putting some effort into the marketing and rebranding which can only help businesses.

In the world I inhabit the genuinely new product/technology reigns. Most of the beauty press have experienced the coloured gels. Shellac has given them a good cause to revisit the 'long lasting manicure'. They need the new story and CND have provided them with all the tools.

How many nail polish brands are popular in salons? Well there is plenty of room for those. Perhaps we will end up with as many coloured gels under a new name. If they all do the job then everyone is happy.

Me, I like true innovation (that works) and a great story because it makes my job easier.

Hats off to CND but good luck too to all the others coming along.

Gelack?? Umm

Hi Martin,

Tell all please!!! I'm dying to hear what you think of the product from Jessica, I'm considering Shellac but want to know what all the products are on the market before making a decision.

Clare

The rep brought the product with her today, and it's certainly as good as I thought it would be, but then I wouldn't expect anything less from Jessica! The product is called "GELeration" & is based on their recently discontinued "Coat of Armour" formula, and is formulated & patented to deliver a long-lasting flawless finish that dries in seconds & protects the natural nail.

It's being marketted as a "soak-off gel polish" & the "three week manicure", which has a soak off base gel & that is painted on like a varnish & set under a UV or LED lamp, then the colour is painted on & set under the lamp, then the soak-off sealer, which is set under the lamp. After this a nail cleanser is wiped over the nail. The colour takes 2 mins to cure under the UV or 30 seconds under the LED lamp.

Removal takes 10 minutes with the acetone-free remover solution or just 5 minutes when used in combination with the heated mittens. You can also in-fill the gap after 3 weeks rather than remove the whole thing, and as it self-levels no buffing is needed.

There is also a "builder gel" & scuplting forms so you can sculpt the nails, obviously with no buffing or filing needed (other than to shape the free-edge).

There are 24 popular existing Jessica colours in the launch to choose from & 24 more currently being formulated. If there's a colour you like that isn't in the range, an existing Jessica varnish can be put between the base coat & the top coat & set with UV but it won't be as long-lasting as the gel-polish (obviously!).

Hope this helps outline what I've seen of the product so far. It's only going to be available to Jessica salons (i.e. account holders), and you can buy both a UV lamp from them or the more expensive but quicker & longer-lasting LED lamp. There will be a training day for those who feel they want it. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of mine, and already have a whole list of people wanting it, so can't wait to get started!!

It sounds class!!! wooo so exciting, I'm not a jessica account holder - I use China Glaze at the mo, is it expensive to get an account?

It sounds class!!! wooo so exciting, I'm not a jessica account holder - I use China Glaze at the mo, is it expensive to get an account?

It certainly does sound very exciting - my opening Jessica account was very reasonable for what I got, and has paid itself back many times over. The nice thing about Jessica is that it's always in the magazines, it's worn by loads of Hollywood celebrities, many of whom rave about Jessica & are regulars at her own salon. It's also known by nearly anyone who has ever had a manicure. Click here & you'll see just how much coverage it gets:

www.facebook.com/pages/Jessica-Nails/88730861046

Jessica is fairly unique in it's emphasis on the cultivation of natural nails & having polishes that "treat" the nails. I've used them for the past 7 or 8 years and have no regrets - my clients come back time & time again and I get lots of people coming in asking whether I use Jessica.

That sounds Fantastic Martin, thanks for all the info, I'll look into it.

So basically the new Jessica product is a soak-off gel like all the others on the market isn't it? I would be really interested to see how this product is removed in 5 minutes!! Is it as thin as polish? Do you have to buff the natural nail to ensure proper adhesion? Do you have to apply an adhesive layer? I am even more fascinated by the fact that the builder gel for sculpting will require no buffing or filling? Surely the growth after 3 weeks will look pretty terrible? I don't see how you can infill after 3 weeks without buffing/filing as the apex will have moved?

I don't like to be negative but it sounds like Jessica could be over promising with this one!

As I don't work with soak off gels currently I couldn't tell you if it's like others or not, and to be quite honest I personally couldn't care less if it is - if it performs as promised that's good enough for me!

To answer your questions...The removal takes 10 minutes unless you use the heated mittens, which speeds up the removal (apparently due to accelerating properties of the heat). It is as thin as a polish. No you don't have to buff the natural nail to ensure proper adhesion (the product is an improved product based on their now discontinued Coat of Armour & set with UV, which didn't need buffing to adhere either). The only layer that goes on prior to the colour is a base gel. As to the sculpting part, as I don't sculpt I can't answer your question in that respect, can only report what I was told!

What is the LED light? Is it like the Minx light? Is it expensive, as I haven't seen my Jessica rep yet, it sounds really exciting and is there a launch price for the whole lot?

As I don't work with soak off gels currently I couldn't tell you if it's like others or not, and to be quite honest I personally couldn't care less if it is - if it performs as promised that's good enough for me!

To answer your questions...The removal takes 10 minutes unless you use the heated mittens, which speeds up the removal (apparently due to accelerating properties of the heat). It is as thin as a polish. No you don't have to buff the natural nail to ensure proper adhesion (the product is an improved product based on their now discontinued Coat of Armour & set with UV, which didn't need buffing to adhere either). The only layer that goes on prior to the colour is a base gel. As to the sculpting part, as I don't sculpt I can't answer your question in that respect, can only report what I was told!

This is quite interesting and I would love to know the removal process involving the heated mitts.

I tried this with my Shellac to combine part of my heated mitt manicure with the removal process and instead of helping, the heat seemed to make the solvent evaporate and it took longer for the Shellac to soak off.

When you see the demo of the soak off, I would love more details.

Please keep us posted.

Sounds great, can't wait to see it next friday

Is it expensive to bring in?

What is the LED light? Is it like the Minx light? Is it expensive, as I haven't seen my Jessica rep yet, it sounds really exciting and is there a launch price for the whole lot?

The LED light is like the UV lamp but sets the gel-polish in half the time, although I'm not sure I could paint the other hand twice as quick whilst it was drying! Apparantly it will also last an awful lot longer than a UV lamp (bulbs won't need replacing like the UV lamp). The downside is that it's quite expensive in comparison to a UV lamp (although on par with the cost of other LED lamps), but that's to be expected as LED anything is more expensive!

There are two launch sets, one with 12 colours & one with 24, and you can obviously buy bits seperately. The rep said the interest had been phenomenal, which is understandable really!

This is quite interesting and I would love to know the removal process involving the heated mitts.

I tried this with my Shellac to combine part of my heated mitt manicure with the removal process and instead of helping, the heat seemed to make the solvent evaporate and it took longer for the Shellac to soak off.

When you see the demo of the soak off, I would love more details.

Please keep us posted.

As soon as I see the demo of the soak off I shall let you know. The rep said she'd tried it & it had worked really well - hopefully I shall be able to try it for myself in the next couple of weeks!

Oooooh i'm doing the training next wednesday!
I've been asking the girls at work what it is but nobody seems to know anything, finally i've found some info! Intrigued to see how they will sculpt!
I will let you all know how we get on next week.

Oooooh i'm doing the training next wednesday!
I've been asking the girls at work what it is but nobody seems to know anything, finally i've found some info! Intrigued to see how they will sculpt!
I will let you all know how we get on next week.

Lucky thing - I can't get a training date that I can make for ages!! I'd be very interested in the removal process & the sculpting process, so keep us updated!

Can you use this LED lamp to cure other gels? My nail desk is already full of lamps now, a light, uv lamp, minx lamp and nail polish dryer! What are the costs like for these gel polishes and what price do they recommend you do a treatment for?

Shall do Martin! And i will ask on wednesday about prices and the lamps etc x

Can you use this LED lamp to cure other gels? My nail desk is already full of lamps now, a light, uv lamp, minx lamp and nail polish dryer! What are the costs like for these gel polishes and what price do they recommend you do a treatment for?

To my knowledge the new LED lamps can only cure the gels and gel polishes that have been formulated for them. Gelish has an LED lamp, which will be arriving in July with the same curing times as the new Jessica product. If this product is anything like Gelish they you guys are in for such a good time and an increase in your business like you have never seen before, it just sells itself!! xx:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back