New John Lewis Xmas advert

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I watched it again... I think I got one with no sound last time, now I've found the right one and watched it through I can see why some are crying! It is nice....
John Lewis always do it right!

Last edited:
Seriously?! I must have no heart 😜 x

I cried at les miserables last night! First time I've seen it!!!

Hmmm not something I would cry at but it is cute x

I am a softie, but I was completely unimpressed!

The last 2 years worth of Christmas ads from John Lewis were brilliant!! This one is nothing even close to them, can't see how it cost 1 million to make?

Oh dear I just watched it... mascara all down my face. . . blame the bump entirely! And that song always makes me mist up. And the rabbit reminded me of the sad bunnies on watership down. And, and, and. . . ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Such a lovely ad, but I'm a big old softie anyway.

Oh dear I just watched it... mascara all down my face. . . blame the bump entirely! And that song always makes me mist up. And the rabbit reminded me of the sad bunnies on watership down. And, and, and. . . ;)

Nothin to do with the bump babe, you just have a heart.:hug:
Maybe the more hard hearted on here just don't get the analogy.

It's the bear's first Christmas, his friend Hare gave it as a gift.

Sniff:cry:

Don't blood start me off again woman!! ;)

Just as I'm reading this it comes on the tele..... "A premier of a special advert" lol! Awwwww!!

Allan laughed at me for blubbing

It took up the whole commercial break between X factor segments!!

Im bloody thick I am!
I didnt realise he was hibernating lol.. I was wondering why he was sleeping through xmas haha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
..and it's about the the one who's alone, isolated and left out at Christmas, but who, through the kind and thoughtful actions of a good and generous soul, is included. (Hence my reference to The Grinch)

I too initially thought I must actually be a really hard cow as everyone was saying how emotional they were getting at watching and I was like really??????

But then on reflection and really looking at what was going on I too smiled to myself got emotional and thought what a lovely advert lol....

The tale opens as winter is starting to draw in and the fun and excitement of preparing for Christmas begins.....

As the first snowflake falls and lands on the bear’s nose, the hare starts to feel sad because he realises his friend will soon go off to hibernate, so – as usual - missing Christmas......

While the bear is keen to join in, eventually he finds he cannot hold off his winter sleep any longer and disappears into his cave.....

Viewers see the bear fast asleep while all the other woodland creatures become excited about the big day to come......

The sad bit..... The hare fears that the bear is missing out, so he comes up with a bright idea

The Best friend bit.....Carrying a gift, the hare follows the bear into the wilderness where he is in hibernation....

However, the hare is missing his friend and finds it increasingly difficult to join in the preparations until the moment he has a great idea for a very special present.....

He disappears off in to the wilderness to return with the gift – an alarm clock – which wakes the bear just in time to gather around a beautifully decorated tree to celebrate with all his friends.....

The commercial, carries the strapline ‘Give someone a Christmas they’ll never forget’......

The story evokes the excitement of a first Christmas and the importance of friendship and thoughtfulness.’

The Tearjerker bit ....The alarm clock means that for the very first time the bear is awake for Christmas

Call me sentimental but I shed a little tear too x

Yesterday I wrote the above but the analytical person I am has just realised that.........

Bears spend the winter in hibernation because the food is scarce .....By going into hibernation the bear bypasses winter when their food supply, nuts and berries, are few and far between....

During hibernation the bear cuddles up in a cave or in a hollowed out tree, safe from the dangers of winter. In order to survive this long period of inactivity the bear must build up its body weight by accumulating fat...... While in hibernation the bear uses the stored energy it accumulated as fat to survive.....

So actually the hare who we were all saying aww what a lovely friend to give a gift so he sees Xmas .....is now actually gonna kill the blooming bear.....what kinda blooming friend is he ......happy blooming Christmas haha

So we can all stop being sentimental....the bear will see Christmas this year but definitely won't see anymore lol .....

Sorry for spoiling lol xx

Yesterday I wrote the above but the analytical person I am has just realised that.........

Bears spend the winter in hibernation because the food is scarce .....By going into hibernation the bear bypasses winter when their food supply, nuts and berries, are few and far between....

During hibernation the bear cuddles up in a cave or in a hollowed out tree, safe from the dangers of winter. In order to survive this long period of inactivity the bear must build up its body weight by accumulating fat...... While in hibernation the bear uses the stored energy it accumulated as fat to survive.....

So actually the hare who we were all saying aww what a lovely friend to give a gift so he sees Xmas .....is now actually gonna kill the blooming bear.....what kinda blooming friend is he ......happy blooming Christmas haha

So we can all stop being sentimental....the bear will see Christmas this year but definitely won't see anymore lol .....

Sorry for spoiling lol xx

It's a cartoon. They didn't actually kill a bear. I don't think bears and hares are actually friends either, I think bears usually scoff hares.

It's an analogy. Jeez.

Maybe a litle bit of over-thinking, Diamondgirl........or perhaps humorous ;)

Totally overthinking hence I said my analytical thinking lol..... And yep it was only meant to be light hearted hence the haha's and lol's in the post.....but I know by posting anything I will always come across negativity hence I don't post really .....( this wasn't aimed at you ) x

Last edited:
I thought the boots one was more emotional! Young guy looks like a hoodie but leaves gifts for everyone with the Jimmi Summerville track in the background (small town boy I think).

Latest posts

Back