New Members Read This!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh !

Just read Sam's response..... I've created a folder now for PM's that I would like to keep, however, even after I've moved the messages to the new folder, it still shows that I've got 28 messages in total. I assume moving messages around doesn't open up more space in your PM box .......

River

yet another good reason to be a premium geek, then you can have150 messages.

Hi, thanks for that, will bear it in mind as I am a new geek myself!

louisehartje said:
also is it possible to have folders to file pm's we want to save?

You do have this option already!!

hi every 1 , im new to this site also :p , i have been a nail tecnician for nearly 3 years now , and i mostly do fibre glass/ silk wraps/acry-gel & gel nails, i havent done acrylics for over a year my customers seem to like fibre more, im opening my second business and i no there is guna be a demand for sculpture and acrylic nails! do you think i should invest into a new stable brush ? if so can any 1 recomend a good 1 something good enough to get me back into the swing of it , also what sculptering kit would you recomnd for beginers but good enough to apply on to the customer ?
ps: 1 more question sorry:rolleyes: im thinking of doing my teacher training course even though i done nails for 3 years would i still have to enter my intermediate and advanced courses ?

thanx 2 any who replys :Love:

juicyjo said:
hi every 1 , I'm new to this site also :p , i have been a nail technician for nearly 3 years now , and i mostly do fibre glass/ silk wraps/acry-gel & gel nails, i haven't done acrylics for over a year my customers seem to like fibre more,

Your customers will ALWAYS like what you do best and what you are most expert and confident at!

I'm opening my second business and i no there is guna be a demand for sculpture and acrylic nails! do you think i should invest into a new stable brush ? if so can any 1 recommend a good 1 something good enough to get me back into the swing of it
I am assuming you mean sable brush:biggrin: ... you should invest in your skills and education to help you become excellent at Liquid & Powder also. If you do a SEARCH... on courses, you will get plenty of opinions on what Liquid & Powder courses to train in. I am of course biased :Grope: and if you would like info on the Creative Nail Academy - you can call 0113 275 0433 and an Academy Adviser will be happy to help you.

also what sculpting kit would you recommend for beginners but good enough to apply on to the customer ?
- my answer to this would be that many kits are good enough for your customers; it's whether you are good enough at application to make them look thin, real and beautiful that counts!!

PS: 1 more question sorry:rolleyes: I'm thinking of doing my teacher training course even though i done nails for 3 years would i still have to enter my intermediate and advanced courses ?

I can't answer this other than how we take on Creative Ambassadors on a basis of nail skills, presenting skills and academic skills.

Hope this Helps!!

Hi

Looking for the 'pink band above' to read more about forum guidelines and such and dont see it
:-(

VHunter said:
Hi

Looking for the 'pink band above' to read more about forum guidelines and such and dont see it
:-(

If you go into the Site Assistance Forum....it is at the top of it...just click on it.............and all will be revealed.....

Hi I am new to this form as well,
Its a great Place !!
Anyway Hello and thanks!:wink2:
fingerfun

fingerfun said:
Hi I am new to this form as well,
Its a great Place !!
Anyway Hello and thanks!:wink2:
fingerfun

you are welcome and welcome :!: :wink2:

Hi, thanks for the pointer in the right direction, I will try my best to do the right thing. I have to find my way around the site yet. many thanks.
margs

hi
im sorry i have to ask but how do you use the shout box. i have been use this site for a while but i still dont know how to use the site that well.

i find that site hard to use in some ways when it come to wanting to do a new thread i find it hard.
im sorry if it seems that im thick.

thanks jo-louise

Thanks For That I'm New Needed It

jo louise said:
hi
im sorry i have to ask but how do you use the shout box. i have been use this site for a while but i still dont know how to use the site that well.

i find that site hard to use in some ways when it come to wanting to do a new thread i find it hard.
im sorry if it seems that im thick.

thanks jo-louise

Hey there - if you want to do a new thread - just click on NEW THREAD at the top of each forum!:!: :lol:

Wonderful thread...I was just thinking since this is a sticky maybe the newbies could use this to ask their questions and get answers as well without racking their brains trying to figure out how to get around the site, or everyone can post their little tips on here making it easier for our newbies...Just a thought.

yep, you're right Gigi. I know i'm 1 of those culprits, but did it without meaning to. I'm having trouble using the 'quick reply' msg below the topic. Don't seem to be able to wrap a quote to keep it short. Still learning, but nothing that a bit of guidance won't fix.
icon_redface.gif

Finally used the chat room after a invitation from MINKUS. Its fun!
xxxx:green:

Hi there! I'm new... found this site after being redirected from AskJeeves.com. I'd inquired about a nail infection called "bar rot", as I am a bartender who has had bad luck lately with my acrylics. I went in to my nail salon today for a fill, and was told I'd have to soak my nails and get a new set. I had gone to a different salon the previous fill, 2 weeks ago and gotten the new trendy glitter tips. My "home" salon uses a different powder, and the acetone/alcohal soak was nothing against the faulty set of nails I'd presented. My manicurist and I spent an hour trading off, clipping the acrylic off each nail bit by bit. It was very difficult and painful, the last two nails impossible. The end result was tearing all the way through the center of my pinky nail, and in fact leaving a small chunk of acrylic on the ring finger next to it. There is simply no nail left underneath. --- I am a bartender and I have my hand in water quite a bit, washing glasses and frequently washing my hands. I also prepare all the fruit garnishes, slicing limes, lemons and oranges to supply the entire day. A girl in the nail salon today told me that 3 other bartenders had suffered the cracking and burning from the citrus,... all 3 of them were girls with acrylic nails. --- I've tried to wear gloves to prevent this, but it just isn't practical. I go so quickly between pouring and serving beverages, to greeting guests, clearing dishes, running a register... the gloves don't stand a chance and they really slow me down. --- Between my occupation and the lousy job of the different "trendy" salon my nails were buffed down until they were almost transparent, and the acrylic had been layered on far too thickly. It was disasterous, and very painful. I am taking tomorrow off of work so my nails can stay out of the water and away from the bar's poison. lol ... this sucks, does anyone know what I can do?:sad:

Hi and welcome to the site... you'd be better off making a thread re your query in Main...
click on Forums>>> Main>>> New Thread (top of list)>>> type your text and hit the Submit button.
hth's

geeg said:
Also remember that posts like 'oh thanks for your help' or other PERSONAL replies like that should be sent in a private message and not put up as a post. Any personal replies should be pm'd ... the forums are not to be used like text messages.

Since there are an increasing number of posts which simply say, "I agree with what you say" or "thank you for your comments" I thought I'd bump this up, even though it's a sticky! Whilst it's lovely and fluffy and very complimentary to have someone agree with you or say thank you it isn't exactly constructive to the thread as a whole. Either pm the person concerned, or give them positive reputation - the green box at the top left corner of each post!

It is also part of the geek commandments ...

1 - Thou shalt post constructively.
Make your posts have a positive point. Posting just to complain without an effort to turn something positive or posting just to say 'is that so?' is a waste of reading space.

3 - Thou shalt Private Message if thy post is for one person.
Posts like 'hey sally, give me a buzz' is like texting 10,000 people in hopes that one of them will be the person you are trying to talk to. If your message is for 1 person, PM it. If its for more, post it!

Latest posts

Back