New staff contract - pro rata bank hols?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
So - I used to work in HR. Today seems to be a massive blankety blank brain day (probably cos I had to try to unblock a toilet for an hour before resorting to calling my plumber) so I cant think straight

Normally 38 hours

Working 22.5 hours - pro rata the bank holidays?

I have done the annual leave accordingly but bank hols??

Working those hours your employee is a 0.59 FTE, so you would multiply the number of bank holidays by 0.59:

8 x 0.59 = 4.72 days

Also just to add that your employee would then need to use a days holiday for any bank holidays that fall on days she is usually scheduled to work, these are not extra days holiday.

Hope that makes sense!

Smee thank you that is what I had worked out (I used to work in FTE terminology when I had 64 teaching staff / personnel to do contracts for!) but I just couldnt get my head around how it worked if they landed on a work day because most are a monday and we are closed on a monday??

So how does that affect it? I dont think there are even 4.72 bank holidays that land on a working day?!! (good friday / xmas day / boxing day / new years day POSSIBLY)

Thank you

What you would do is take off those 4 days which leaves her with 0.72 which you would then add on to her pro rata annual leave.

Thanku

I calculate her entitlement for annual leave to be 16 days at 0.59 instead of 20 but that seems too high?

Should be 6 shouldnt it? What is wrong with me.....I used to be in HR!

The way I do it is 28 days holiday (including public holidays) for full time so for part time just divide it by full time hours and multiply by 28.

Therefore 22.5/38 x 28 = 16.5 days (INCLUDING public holidays).

You can do it based on weekly instead. https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/entitlement

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back