New!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOUL SISTA

Reaction score
Hi!
I am very new to the world of nails!
I have been interested for many years and finally got a good offer to do a course in Bio Sculpture nails which I regularly had done on my nails so took the course.. But I come to this web site and feel so lost.. I feel like there are so many things that I don't know about.... Like duel Forms, l&p, zones 2 and 3????? WHAT ARE THESE THINGS????

How can I be better? I haven't yet taken my assessment and am due to do so on the 19th of August. I then wish to take the courses in sculpting etc, but i feel like there are so many other systems out there... Where do I go to learn them? (i am based in North West London)???
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hi Hun,
There is so much to learn.
Best way is to see what training is in your area. and go from there.
Just an example to one of your questions L & P Liquid and Powder, known to most as acrylics, and the zones you speak of is the method we use build them. But training is what you need. Please don't try to learn your skills from this site, it is mean't for those trained or in training to help and advise each other. You will only become confused. Then will be all mixed up when you do start your training, whether college or private training. If you are very young go for college training, for the more mature students with familys and jobs that they need to keep them going whilst training....like me, then private training was my only option. I trained with NSI, but there are so many very good companies to train with, check them out.
Good luck hun :hug:
Lotsa luv x

hey sista ! great to have you on the forum.:green:

try to think of this site as a great big encyclopedia of nails.
if it were in paper form, you wouldnt expect to sit and read it all at once and be an instant expert!
come on the forum every day and read the messages and replies, you'll soon pick up the lingo and start to understand more and more.

if you need some particular advice, click on the search button at the top and you'll access all the past posts on your enquiry.
and if you have a new question to ask we'll be here for you.:hug:

Hi!
I am very new to the world of nails!
I have been interested for many years and finally got a good offer to do a course in Bio Sculpture nails which I regularly had done on my nails so took the course.. But I come to this web site and feel so lost.. I feel like there are so many things that I don't know about.... Like duel Forms, l&p, zones 2 and 3????? WHAT ARE THESE THINGS????

How can I be better? I haven't yet taken my assessment and am due to do so on the 19th of August. I then wish to take the courses in sculpting etc, but i feel like there are so many other systems out there... Where do I go to learn them? (i am based in North West London)???
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hey sista, welcome to the family:hug:

Please dont feel lost, take your time and read through the many post, they are very usefull and can help with many problems you may be having.

Firstly, congrats on taking your bio course!

Secondly, take what you have learnt on that course to date and use this wonderful site to build up your knowledge!

Thirdly, take each day as it comes, read through the posts and if there is something in particular you want to know about do a search using the search facility at the top of the page. I would be very surprised if you cant find an answer to a query you have.

Fourthly, if there is something you are not happy with in your work take a picture and post it in the critique or to your profile album, that way the more experienced techs can look at it and help point you in the right directions to rectifying your problem areas.

Fifthly, I think you will get along just fine, take a look at at this link, it will help you understand some of the lingo
http://www.salongeek.com/misc-articles/35663-message-board-lingo.html

oh, you guys are going to make me cry with all the love you are showing! Thank you so much!!!

I want to do a full nail tec course.. Thinking of going down the route of a NVQ but it hard as I work full time and I find that poeple offer courses for a couple of days but there isn't enough depth in them...

I will figure it out though!
I am really intrested in this duel form stuff... I checked out the link.. Where do you get the forms from?

Saw something on ebay, but not sure how good it going to be!
Any ideas?:)

Thanks for your support!

hey sista & welcome xxxx
ml_greetings_hiya.gif

oh, you guys are going to make me cry with all the love you are showing! Thank you so much!!!

I want to do a full nail tec course.. Thinking of going down the route of a NVQ but it hard as I work full time and I find that poeple offer courses for a couple of days but there isn't enough depth in them...

I am really intrested in this duel form stuff... I checked out the link.. Where do you get the forms from?

Thanks for your support!

Please stay clear of ebay when purchasing professional products. Nail gems and the like are ok.

Popits are available from CND 0845 2106060 Give them a ring chick :hug:

Thanks for your support!
The forms are not to be mistaken with an easy way to do nails,
you need to fully understand all aspects of doing nails first,
your correct prep is vital for a good set of nails and the forms you are thinking of can work with gel or L&P but work much better with L&P, for you to use them with L&P you need to fully understand the system and have your mix ratio down to a fine art,
step away from ebay it has a lot of fraudulent products on there that are useless,
good luck with all your future training and welcome to salon geek :hug:

Latest posts

Back