No CND course near me-gutted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytreats75

Reaction score
Really really miffed and just wanted a rant.

Basically ive been saving up like mad to do the CND Gel/L&P complete course, not cheap but I feel the best of the best training so I felt it was worth it. I phoned S2 today to find out the next start date, and was told the next date isnt until the end of January AND my nearest training centre is over an hour and a half away! REALLY gutted :(

Now im contemplating doing a lesser nail course with another company. Sooo unsure what to do
Advice anyone?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,
I completed a CND course through Ellison's about 2 weeks ago and have to say I learnt a lot from it.
There was a course running closer to me in November but being impatient I choose to travel to a further venue just so I didn't have to wait! I'm glad I did.
Good luck with your decision
Angela x

I know it's never what you want to hear but a brand like CND has a good name for a reason so I don't think it's worth rushing off onto another course if you won't get the vital training that you need.

An hour and half isn't that far, millions of commuters travel that far to work everyday. I'd go for it!

I have a four hour round trip every time I have a class at The Centre, Edinburgh.

It is more than worth it; sone times you just need to travel for the best :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am travelling 5 hours for HD!

It'll be tough but worth it :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
An hour and a half really isn't that bad when I was doing my training I was traveling 3 hours there & back a day then had to do a 7 hour drive to do further training all of which I was happy to do as I wanted the best training.
If you truly want to do some of the best training out there you will travel to get there :)

I'm having to travel to Peterborough to train with Jenni Smith, that's about just over an hour, it's a shame there's not an educator closer but what ya gonna do.

I drove two and a half hours yesterday (on m25!) to get to a course. I would go for it!

I travelled 1.5 hours each week for a whole college year for my NVQ3 Nail Services.

It's inconvenient but it's all part of the long term investment in getting the career you want.

Really really miffed and just wanted a rant.

Basically ive been saving up like mad to do the CND Gel/L&P complete course, not cheap but I feel the best of the best training so I felt it was worth it. I phoned S2 today to find out the next start date, and was told the next date isnt until the end of January AND my nearest training centre is over an hour and a half away! REALLY gutted :(

Now im contemplating doing a lesser nail course with another company. Sooo unsure what to do
Advice anyone?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Where abouts in Wales are you?

Near cardiff so Bridend is my nearest but Hannah is currently doing the extention course. But S2 told me to ring back in a few weeks to see if she is then ??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Near cardiff so Bridend is my nearest but Hannah is currently doing the extention course. But S2 told me to ring back in a few weeks to see if she is then ??

I'm pretty sure there have been Cardiff geeks who have gone to Kate in Cheltenham. Not sure how much further that is for you xx

I'm pretty sure there have been Cardiff geeks who have gone to Kate in Cheltenham. Not sure how much further that is for you xx

Kate's an hour away from me and I've been to see her twice. Once for training and once for 1:1 - she's brill :) but I appreciate that's not much help to you.

It seems a shame to attend another course when you've worked so hard to save to train with CND.

Maybe someone out there can car share?? Hope you sort something out :)

You have been patiently saving for ages to do this one super course.

Now perhaps it would be best, to excercise that patience a little longer to attend it. :hug:

There is no point in being miffed because there is no room on a class nearest to you, exactly at the moment you want it. :hug: I understand your disappointment at finding this to be the case when you are all fired up to do it, but I honestly think it would be silly to take second best because of it. :hug:

I was also going to mention Kate, but that would be further again, plus bridge toll! I'm in Bristol, so I have a 3 hour return trip also from Monday to train with Harmony. I looked at local courses, but I wouldn't get the same standard education. It's hard because I have 3 under 10's and my partner is abroad, but I do believe it will pay dividends in the long run to train with one of the best!

You've already done the hardest bit by saving your pennies...keep your eyes on the prize!!

Even in London I still have to travel to get to where the classes are held and I love in zone 1 and the classes are in zone 1, even though we have great public transport links here it can still take near to an hour on the bus with traffic and it's probably only 3 miles from my house!!

I doubt any of us exactly have it on our doorsteps to be honest and you are probably in a better situation than loads of other geeks- just book on to it and get it done, there's no point doing a lesser course you will regret it afterwards!!!

Even in London I still have to travel to get to where the classes are held and I love in zone 1 and the classes are in zone 1, even though we have great public transport links here it can still take near to an hour on the bus with traffic and it's probably only 3 miles from my house!!

I doubt any of us exactly have it on our doorsteps to be honest and you are probably in a better situation than loads of other geeks- just book on to it and get it done, there's no point doing a lesser course you will regret it afterwards!!!

We see it time and again.

Paid - still a lot - for a cheaper course only for it to be insufficient and then having to invest again in time and money to do your perfect course.

Hang on there, it's worth it!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the pep talk ladies. I know i need to wait and do a CND course. I just cant dedicate 3hrs a day to travel. I have a very busy mobile business to also continue with during the training. Bridgend (where hannah is based, she is who trained to do shellac with) is only 30mins from me so thats why im miffed about having to travel so much further to do the complete course :(

I'm currently doing the CND Complete course and travel over 1hr each way to attend the classes. It is definitely worth it and I have had to fit it all around my office job and mobile nails. Having done cheap courses in the past that have been a waste of space CND is the best and definitely worth it. You will learn so much and kit is fab. Surely your career and business is worth the investment and making the time to fit it in and travel if need be :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back