No training... smart or stupid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No Training... smart or stupid?

• smart?

Votes: 21 4.0%
  • stupid?

Votes: 510 96.0%

• Total voters
. Why do suppliers sell to people who don't have a qualification cert/ training card? They are the ones disrespecting our trade...

Such a valid point

Oh my god I would never of dared to do a clients nails without proper training. The people that do it off there own backs are stupid and makes me annoyed because a majority of us on this site have paid a fortune out for training. I've only been on this site since last week and picked up some fantastic advise and tips off some real professionals. Thanks to all you genuine TRAINED geeks

Hi
I'm new on this site and after reading this thread i totally 100% agree with you girls ...offcourse i voted stooopid!!! i've just qualified after 2 years of hard work and graft for my VTCT L2 & L3 beauty and holistic therapy at college and an absolute fortune spent along the way! ..question is though ..i thought you had to produce your certificate to purchase Nail enhancement products to a supplier before they send hazardous chemicals and tools to you and check you had insurance and proper hygiene standards??? just a thought regarding Health&safety,COSHH,ect..ect.i would never dream of putting enhancements on someone if i wasn't trained ..it's disgraceful that there are peeps out there doing that ..on another note regarding dodgy type products my friend made the mistake of purchasing a few bits on ebay ... put it this way ... i wouldn't try them ..never will i take health & safety very seriously(stems from being an ex-nurse before changing my career! and anyone who buys these gels ,ect,ect,please be aware ..do you really know what is actually in them?...they smelled rather putrid\pugnent ...i was a bit horrified...just didn't want to imagine the damage done if she did use them.:irked:

Last edited:
I voted stupid, I met a friend of mine in the supermarket and she asked me what am I doing now. I said training to be a nail technician, she laughed and said why waste all that money I have been doing peoples nails for a year and I've had no training. I asked her what produsts she used and she said rio. I tried to tell her how bad it was not to have any training and what damage she could be doing but it was no good. I have spent loads on training and was so angry that she laughed at me. I haven't spoken to her since.

Isnt it stupid how some people think that doing nails is so easy until they have a go, yes they may have applied the product but what on earth will they look like and how will the nails look after removal.:rolleyes:

people wouldnt go to a hair dresser and let them apply chemicals to their hair for fear of going bald or looking a sight, unless they were qualified and had the necessary training! and it should be the same for nails without a doubt!

nenee

people will do what people do,
there either pay to have there nails done or there do them themselves.
Some people don't know the difference between a good set of nails and a bad.
like i said b4 i have a new client who's been going to a lady for 9 years, her nails were filed within an inch of there lives, and she was happy, happy for 9 years. because they stayed on and they looked okay painted,but only painted she couldn't have them natural as the file lines and damage to her nail plate was staring you straight in the face when the polish was was removed.
the tech had obviously had training about 20 years ago, but hadn't had any since.
So if we give a good service to our client in years to come peeps will realise the difference between the above...
just keep doing what you do best,
thg:)

Im on a course(nvq2) in nail services, we havent covered the enhancements yet, Im quite dreading it in a way because i dont want to be anyones guiniea pig (so to speak) think ill check out how they put acylics,etc on tips 1st, lol,thats what i do at home for a bit of pre-practice, I think ill pick it up quite well(hope), anyway a friend of mine asked if i could do some acylic nails for her,but i refused because i havent been trained yet,even though i feel id of done a reasonable job, but resonable isnt goood enough!!! is it? cant wait for the training :) you really do learn a lot from being on a course though,its fantastic and interesting:)

Latest posts

Back