Not happy with quality?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good article (BUT NOT THE ANSWER GUYS)
It`s tough to tell simply because there are so many types of silicone's and they can be used in combination with each other. You can’t simply say: all silicone's are bad. The answer to your dilemma is simple.
The ends of you hair extensions are frying under heat due to over processing (not the plastic coating melting). If your a hairdresser you would might have seen this happen to you when blow drying a over processed blond ends.Some blondes in fact cant grow their hair due to this very problem. The blonde OVER PROCESSED HAIR is guilty for being fragile (especially on older ends of the hair) and over time known for chewing itself up starting from the ends. This why high blond girls have trouble growing their hair.Your experincing the same thing except out of a packet.

Simethicone is made up of poly(dimethylsiloxane), it also the silicone known in cosmetics and personal-care products as dimethicone, and silica gel hence the name silica + dimethicone its just shortened to simethicone.
This is often supplied in personal care products as an emulsion, it like a stabalizer to stabilized with nonionic surfactants, pH modifiers, and preservatives. Simethicone is probably one most well-known by doctors as an orally-administered medication with the purpose of reducing gas in the intestinal tract. Colicky suffering babies are given a few drops of this that can be bought over-the-counter medication and used desperatend tired parents.

blah blah blah was the hair blonde?:lol:

Hi lusciouslox , yours article is good too :)
I think the hair in question was brand new but .... had bits of excess coating on the ends, which I too have also seen
and (in this case its wasn't hair bulbs and not dried fried hair either) these strange little bits as Tammy said do indeed look like some sort of plasticizer coating,
they are tough little bits that are tiny shiny and sometimes bent looking and hanging onto the ends of some of the hairs , its definitely not part of the actual hairs....and although it may not be actual plastic it really does looks like it and behave the same way .

Personally I think I will always prefer natural Pure virgin hair ,
because I don't see the need to coat the hair in chemicals ,
I mean if a hair merchant or company's buys hair that is all cuticle correct then I dont see the need to mess around with the hair or to coat it.

Plus with Pure virgin cuticle correct hair you don't need an intensive after care hair program ,
because over the years we know and trust Pure virgin hair it to perform and behave so naturally swishy will last so long and remain so beautiful too and for many future re installments :hug:

I don't think these chemicals are bad , I just dont think there is any need for them on human hair , because we all know if hair has been damaged ,over processed or turned around the wrong way , it will in time always reveal itself when the coatings wear off ,
I do think the Nano ring technology is really very good indeed , and I also find it all very interesting about the chemical coatings , but I dont understand why any really good hair extension company who's hair is cuticle correct would want to usu all these chemical coatings when there is no need ?

Hi lusciouslox , yours article is good too :)
I think the hair in question was brand new but .... had bits of excess coating on the ends, which I too have also seen
and (in this case its wasn't hair bulbs and not dried fried hair either) these strange little bits as Tammy said do indeed look like some sort of plasticizer coating,
they are tough little bits that are tiny shiny and sometimes bent looking and hanging onto the ends of some of the hairs , its definitely not part of the actual hairs....and although it may not be actual plastic it really does looks like it and behave the same way .

Personally I think I will always prefer natural Pure virgin hair ,
because I don't see the need to coat the hair in chemicals ,
I mean if a hair merchant or company's buys hair that is all cuticle correct then I dont see the need to mess around with the hair or to coat it.

Plus with Pure virgin cuticle correct hair you don't need an intensive after care hair program ,
because over the years we know and trust Pure virgin hair it to perform and behave so naturally swishy will last so long and remain so beautiful too and for many future re installments :hug:

I don't think these chemicals are bad , I just dont think there is any need for them on human hair , because we all know if hair has been damaged ,over processed or turned around the wrong way , it will in time always reveal itself when the coatings wear off ,
I do think the Nano ring technology is really very good indeed , and I also find it all very interesting about the chemical coatings , but I dont understand why any really good hair extension company who's hair is cuticle correct would want to usu all these chemical coatings when there is no need ?

These coatings are actually fine indeed but NOT when they wear off bad hair.
This coating 90% of the time is used to mask bad hair especially Blonde hair. BUT can also be used to make hair look great when first purchased by all companies.
Great hair will still be great hair when this coating comes of. It simply looks more glossy when you get it.

Want to really test your supplier?
ORDER 613 which is pretty much standard acros the bourd color and wash it six times with no conditioner.
if it matts with no conditioner its rubbish.
if you cant trust your supplier go virgin.
i wish i could go virgin lol

Great hair will still be great hair when this coating comes of. It simply looks more glossy when you get it.

Hmm :confused: .... now this is where I really don't see the point of using it ,

So.... a good supplier would just be using these coatings for cosmetic reasons ....to make the hair look more glossy and more appealing to buy ?

I can understand this , as we all want our products to stand out from the rest

but....you say it would eventually wash off and the hair would still be great hair but perhaps not as glossy ?

Another question lol :)

I would have thought if a really good supplier was putting these coatings on the hair for gloss
then they should be able to provide a small amount of these gloss coatings to the extensionist so the gloss can be maintained ?

Why don't they do this ?

Thanks in advance :hug: x minky

Hmm :confused: .... now this is where I really don't see the point of using it ,

So.... a good supplier would just be using these coatings for cosmetic reasons ....to make the hair look more glossy and more appealing to buy ?

I can understand this , as we all want our products to stand out from the rest

but....you say it would eventually wash off and the hair would still be great hair but perhaps not as glossy ?

Another question lol :)

I would have thought if a really good supplier was putting these coatings on the hair for gloss
then they should be able to provide a small amount of these gloss coatings to the extensionist so the gloss can be maintained ?

Why don't they do this ?

Thanks in advance :hug: x minky

Your questions are welcome and the answer is simple.
why don't they supply even color when the bright color hair extensions fade as well?
you will find
1. Most people would not like to apply heavy products to maintain there hair extensions especially their own hair is fine.They would deem theses type of products too heavy.
2. Hairdressers can in fact already supply these coatings in order to help maintain the hair extension but knowledge is poor on this correct maintenance.

I think it is a must for good or bad hair.
So many customers will think because they just spent lots of money they will wake up in the morning with perfect hair.
Its our job to make sure that we stress good hair care and maintenance. This is vital for me because i use a reusable system so extension hair quality and long term preservation is important to me. It is especially important because you need to educate preservation in order to have a long lasting products or hair, especially if it is a reusable 1.
I'm also looking into researching and developing a product that hopefully meets the hair extension market expectation. This needs fine tuning but there is 1 product that really stands out from the rest already on the market. Its Moroccan oil. This is amazing. This stuff masks average hair into great hair.
But its even great on good hair as it helps to maintain the hair easier and grooms the hair shinny and makes even reusable extensions look great even when the extension are more than 1 years old. all my client's use this product.
One of you guys should try it! You will be back here raving about it i promise. Its a dry oil, in other words it dose not give you that heavy effect and is light when coating the hair for easy maintenance. It is a silicon family product

Last edited:
2. Hairdressers can in fact already supply these coatings in order to help maintain the hair extension but knowledge is poor on this correct maintenance.

Hi lusciouslox , sorry a misunderstanding (not for coating whilst in their own hair)

I meant for example , when the extensions are due for removal , after the extension hair is taken out after wearing.

Wouldn't this be a good time to re dip the hair in these coatings
wouldn't this help restore the hairs factory gloss and condition again ready for re installation ?

Hmm yes I have seen such chemical coatings that can be shipped in bulk from overseas , and to make them up require mixing them in a very certain way with certain quantity's of H20 for the type of effect you may want to achieve.

Above in your post .... you say that knowledge is poor,

and I agree also that knowledge is poor and that education is the key
that enables us all to learn if we want too , :)

Now I understand that you have considerable and vast knowledge of these chemical coatings and for those of us that are genuinely interested in learning more about these chemical coatings ,
may I ask you lusciouslox :)
How would someone gain this valuable knowledge to enable them to learn all about how to obtain and how to mix and use these professional chemical hair coatings ?

Hope you can give us some insight for education within this particular area ?
thanks in advance :hug: x minky

Hi lusciouslox , sorry a misunderstanding (not for coating whilst in their own hair)

I meant for example , when the extensions are due for removal , after the extension hair is taken out after wearing.

Wouldn't this be a good time to re dip the hair in these coatings
wouldn't this help restore the hairs factory gloss and condition again ready for re installation ?

Hmm yes I have seen such chemical coatings that can be shipped in bulk from overseas , and to make them up require mixing them in a very certain way with certain quantity's of H20 for the type of effect you may want to achieve.

Above in your post .... you say that knowledge is poor,

and I agree also that knowledge is poor and that education is the key
that enables us all to learn if we want too , :)

Now I understand that you have considerable and vast knowledge of these chemical coatings and for those of us that are genuinely interested in learning more about these chemical coatings ,
may I ask you lusciouslox :)
How would someone gain this valuable knowledge to enable them to learn all about how to obtain and how to mix and use these professional chemical hair coatings ?

Hope you can give us some insight for education within this particular area ?
thanks in advance :hug: x minky

Sure Minky.
poly(dimethylsiloxane) is the 1 you want to study.
This is the key ingredient and the liquid that will repel water and help against heat (limited).But you must be careful as it has Oxidation resistance (difficult to color or patchy results).
The silica is then added for that final phase

This will education is not really available as it is still secret of the trades especially among chemists.
This really isn't rocket science ad you could do this sort of experiments at home with spare hair really. The chemicals aren't dangerous and i think it could even be fun.

Don't try it on your cat though lol.
If you find the correct balance i think you could be on a winner.
I don't need the re dipping of this as the hair i use is very good but i do agree it looks great when it arrives but the client simply maintains it with some Moroccan oil and it becomes less cumbersome.
To obtain this ready mix it would be as simple as call my manufacture but we don't have a need to.

Sure Minky.
poly(dimethylsiloxane) is the 1 you want to study.
This is the key ingredient and the liquid that will repel water and help against heat (limited).But you must be careful as it has Oxidation resistance (difficult to color or patchy results).
The silica is then added for that final phase

This will education is not really available as it is still secret of the trades especially among chemists.
This really isn't rocket science ad you could do this sort of experiments at home with spare hair really. The chemicals aren't dangerous and i think it could even be fun.

Don't try it on your cat though lol.
If you find the correct balance i think you could be on a winner.
I don't need the re dipping of this as the hair i use is very good but i do agree it looks great when it arrives but the client simply maintains it with some Moroccan oil and it becomes less cumbersome.
To obtain this ready mix it would be as simple as call my manufacture but we don't have a need to.

Hi, thank you for that :hug: ,
I see ... so I would be right in thinking that it is only the manufactures that would hold and use these coatings for presentation purposes then ?

Yes I believe Morrocan oil is very good for extensions ,
it seems to be mentioned a lot on here :)

Lancashirelass has had some great results with her researches into silicone based sprays and she also recommends a very good silicone based spray for hair extensions too,
thanks again :) x minky

Latest posts

Back