Not So Newbie Saying Hello

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rjryan said:
Is that going to be your next name then Sassy!!! :lol:

Well I confused everyone when I ditched the Hassy, so I had to put it back again! I daren't change it again!

Am I having a bad trip???????

ValencianNails said:
the difference here is Portia's other username was the same as her business name.
clients might want to try and find out about us techs via Google etc, they type in the business name "Nails by XYZ" and voila they come across the NailGeek site, they see threads/replies from "Nails by XYZ", they might not fully understand OR read the whole thread and see something innocent that they misunderstand... "Nails by XYZ" could lose business because of it.

I don't think it has anything to do with receiving bad rep, more a case of being able to speak freely without the possibility of damaging ones business.

I tend to agree, I would not like my username to be my business name so i can see why portia did this and fully understand where she is coming from

Kimmi Rocks said:
Am I having a bad trip???????

:lol: Seriously, there's a lot of strange people in the world.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just change your user name? Whatever has been already said under one name can still be found in google.

I do also think that it's a bad move to have your business name as your geek name.

I cant see what all the stress is about tbh........if i googled my real name Amanda Craven aparantly i am an author of a sex book ............

but i know this isnt me .......HONEST lol

Seriously....unless your details give out your home addy and tel number and talk disprespectfully of your clients then there is no need to panick

Amanda

Come off it Amanda, we know you wrote the book :lol:

Ok ok i admit it........

I wrote ....................

How to cast a spell in the bedroom

If you cannot do that then i cannot help you and you should stay celabate :smack:

Amanda

i can see why you would want to change your username completely
once me and my ex partner were messin about googling swearwords ect...(as u do :green: )
then we were putting in each others names and mine came up the very 1st few hits were messages i had posted on a depression forum ...i was mightly embarrased and shocked as i handnt realised this would happen at all,so i learned my lesson and i dont think its all about whether or not we slag clients off ect... and dont want to be found out ...its just clients are clients and were all geeky mates...so we may choose to tell each other about our finance/relationship/ l+p problems,but it doesnt mean we want to tell or our clients about it.
if that makes sence ...its just took me about 10 minutes to type this hahaha im soooo tired it doesnt even make sense to me anymore :eek:

i wanna change my user name. its similar to my old business name and i just googled it and found threads off here. how many geekmolians do you need?

I've done it, i've changed it to buggy which is my nickname outside the geeksite.

Buggy said:
I've done it, i've changed it to buggy which is my nickname outside the geeksite.

God, please don't change your Avatar otherwise I'll never recognise you !!

Won't people find you if they search for your nick name ???

River

Me to....sorry but i agree...So i am now Bagpuss...not so bad as it was my avatar anyway and everyone was calling it me...i feel better this way...well not in that i am now a pink and white sleepy cat but that i am not using my business name.....xx...ohhh soz i was NailStyle....did you guess.....lol x

thing is, when i googled my name it did come up with full address! :Scared:

it doesn't work. i just googled my old use name and it brought up my post. damn it. geekmolians wasted.

o well. like your new nickname baggy. hee hee. now we have to get the little minkus to change hers. she could be mini the minx. (maybe i should have been dennis the menace LOL)

ps. just realised why, it's because i had my old user name in the text.

Why did it come up with your full address?????

Amanda

Latest posts

Back