Not So Newbie Saying Hello

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Portia said:
I don't want this to degenerate in to a post about reputation points because that's not what the new ID is about. My 'other' user name has no bad rep points quite the opposite.

I only posted a 'hello' as I didn't want to jump in and reply to threads without at least observing the netiquette of saying hello first - we expect it of newbies, so do unto others and all that :D

Portia

:eek: I think I figured this one out:lol:

did it..... lol

wendyrose said:
iv just googled my name wendyrose, which is my name, and two posts from the nailgeek have come up on the first page of google...little worrying..i understand now why you changed it...

I've just done the same for me and I have come up results 3 and 4. :eek:

Jaffacake said:
my user name is also my business name so anyone who googles it would come up with the nail geek site, dont think ive said anything bad........ but then i did go into graphic detail about the manicure from hell....... lol

I thought about changing my name too but dont think i'd bother with registering again, i'll just save up my geekmolians and do it that way.... would it change all previous posts to the new name too like when you change your avatar?

anyone want to donate me some geekmolians :green: ?

Well my username isnt my business name, but everyone knows who i am .......abit like you really that i do not go into grafic details about my clients........

I also get confused when people change their avators, but can you not change your usermane with re registering? I know Creative Tech did as she was cappuchino and i am sure some other geeks have changes their usernames....omg i'm confusing myself now :eek:

Amanda

you can use your geekmolians to buy a new user name.

thats what I did, cost 1000 so you have enough Lily.... although I still have my real name and website at the bottom of my posts so im no better off really am I? lol

Thanks but i like my username....i dont think i will be loosing it....its funny cos even some of my cleints call me Lily

amanda

Jaffacake said:
although I still have my real name and website at the bottom of my posts so im no better off really am I? lol

That's why I didn't change my original log in - I like being on here as my business name, it's great but, if I just changed my name I'd have to remove my website link, my pictures from the gallery, my signature, etc. and I want to keep those things

Portia

I understand why you did it Portia.

I have just googled my name Bev Rose, which is the same as my user name because i was being blonde when i registered. I came up number 3 and 4 out of 1,670,000! I'd like to change my un too. Not that i have said anything derogatory about my clients, it's just that this is my only means of talking to other likeminded people who also have a passion for nails & understand & help each other.

Why are clients on here? I never give them info about this site! It my site, not theirs!!!!!!!!!:lol:

some of my family googled me recently and I came up...(they take the p... out of me for it) so if they can do it clients can too. Its just none of their business what I say on here...so thats why I changed my user name.

i understand why youve done it too hunnio

i too have googled both my name and my geekio name and both come up top due to this site and .... ive had friends google me before and found the geek site.... i dunno if any clients of mine ever had... i try nt to post too much abt my clientelle and stuff.... cos you never know who reads what!

Jess
xox

tentips said:
I've just done the same for me and I have come up results 3 and 4. :eek:

I just googled my username to and 2 hits came up :eek: :eek: :eek:

With all my details on the page were I live ect ect. Think I'll go and edit my profile now!!

xxx

Its not just your name that will come up if you google! I had a new client who found my details because she Googled for a property search in my home town (nothing to do with nails) and one of my posts came up about whether I should work from home or not, and she found the link to my website. I went through all my posts and deleted any that could be misconstrued (from my early stroppy days lol). That's why I try and stay professional and positive and constructive when I post. It's scarey who could be reading your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!

oh god, just googled my name, and a link came up to here saying "Jac extreme has a spectacular aura about her"

I wonder if the Powers that Be could sort it so we could change our user names without the Geekmolians...In light of the recent threads and reminders about how public what we post on here really is, it's certainly made me rethink about user names. I know we can re-register but I don't mind other geeks knowing who I am and being able to see my original details and previous posts.

I think when I first registered I was very naive as to user names etc and just how popular thenailgeek is within web searches and listings and now I'm more aware, I'd like to have the opp to change it if I wanted to.

JMHO!!!

If you feel the need to reregister you could do so and then donate your geekmolians to your new friend!!! HOwever I agree with Glynis and think that I wouldn't want to post something that I didn't mind a client seeing ... be it mine or anyone else's client.

Sassy Hassy said:
If you feel the need to reregister you could do so and then donate your geekmolians to your new friend!!!

Ingenious Sassy!!! Thanks...I fancy a name change, something a bit glam

Charlyc25 said:
Ingenious Sassy!!! Thanks...I fancy a name change, something a bit glam

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is going to get so confusing! I agree with the others, I can't even get used to different avatars, but having two sets of user names for the same posters ... too much for my ageing grey matter :eek: lol!

Sassy Hassy said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is going to get so confusing! I agree with the others, I can't even get used to different avatars, but having two sets of user names for the same posters ... too much for my ageing grey matter :eek: lol!

Is that going to be your next name then Sassy!!! :lol:

SORRY but i have just google'd my name and i carnt even say what pics came up!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

one thing for sure it is definatly not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!:mad:

Latest posts

Back