Nouvatan ..wear off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails2nails

Reaction score
I have been using Nouvatan for a while now..

I have quite a few clients telling the wear off is pretty quick (fewdays) I always told them that maybe you had washed using something with moisterizers in them etc etc...but I have to be honest I have used it on myself and found the wear off quite quick few days ..I used the 8% on myself 2 days ago and already it's gone patchy and I prep my skin correctly. Is anyone else finding it wearing off quite quick?

I found this too, but I did my friend with the trial and she said it was fine, it looks lovely and natural but personally I don't think it has the staying power of other brands. I use this on my clients who want a lighter natural look.

Yes totally...

I really thought I had found a tan that ticked all the boxes...love the colour but if it wears off quick it's no good for me.."sigh"

Looks like Im going to have to find another tan with like you say more staying power x

I've never found this.

My tan is past it's best 3-4 days later but I have used lots of tans and never had different results.

The only complaint I have had was they struggle to get it off if they are wanting it done again the next week!

I have been using Nouvatan for a while now..

I have quite a few clients telling the wear off is pretty quick (fewdays) I always told them that maybe you had washed using something with moisterizers in them etc etc...but I have to be honest I have used it on myself and found the wear off quite quick few days ..I used the 8% on myself 2 days ago and already it's gone patchy and I prep my skin correctly. Is anyone else finding it wearing off quite quick?

I have used 8% nouvatan and the tan was bril it went on great and it lasted about 6-7 days but what i can say in my experience is that a tan should never wear off patchy this should not happen it should fade off evenly

Austin

A-tan is a lovely solution, I've tried most including nouvatan and I still think a-tan takes some beating!

Sent from my HTC Desire

I've never found this with Nouvatan. My clients are always commenting on how long it lasts and how well it fades. Most of my clients get 7-10 days out of it so I find it very odd that you're only getting a few days out of it.
When you sampled it to start with did you have this problem?

7 to 10 days with the 8% and the 10% Nouvatan. My girls tan in the evening, sleep in it and shower of in the morning using hands to spread the shower gel not a glove, mitt, or scrunchy. Then slather on their moisturiser.
The only time I've had a problem with it was one client who every now and then came back with paler legs, she finally let slip she's been using dove moisturiser, quick education talk and she's been fine ever since.

I have to say I have only started using nouvatan I was previously using fake bake which on myself I only got about 3 good days put of before it went patchy. However the nouvatan I find to wear off far more even and my tan is lasting between 7 and 10 days I love it!

I have recently tried nouvatan and found it wers off quicker than the one i normally use, I still use it on very fair skin as i think it gives a more natural colour and i have a couple of cklients that prefer it. I tried it myself and found it faded really well.
the other thing to remember is that sometimes you can think it has all gone and is still there! i had some waxing done a week after my tan and was surprised at how pale i was underneath, I thought it had all gone!

I've never found this with Nouvatan. My clients are always commenting on how long it lasts and how well it fades. Most of my clients get 7-10 days out of it so I find it very odd that you're only getting a few days out of it.
When you sampled it to start with did you have this problem?

Do you know what, I don't think I did...funny enough.

I brought my bottles beginning of March so they should still be ok?

I really don't want to change as I do love the colour of this tan, once I scrub of the patches off me lol I will give it another go.

I only have a little bit left of this brand of tan and would love to re-order, so I really need to get to the bottom of this as most of you are having no problems.

I wonder if Im not spraying it evenly..so I have lighter and darker patches and thats giving the look as though it's washing off. hmmm

x

Are you spraying yourself by any chance??? Ive tried it a couple of times and for the life of me couldnt do it without it being uneven! My hubby does me and even he makes a better job of it than me doing myself!!:rolleyes:
Just a thought..in which case it would certainly appear to be patchy and of course fade off would be uneven. My clients always remark on how long it lasts compared to others they have tried..which is why they come back to me!:wink2: Ray!!

I've been using Nouvatan for the past year and love the tan and so do my client's. It does last 7-10 days.

Why not ring Dawn?

I have been thinking about my tanning all day lol

Iv'e think I have been spraying a bit uneven thinking about it..got a bit complacent with it all. Instead of doing long strokes I have been doing shorter quicker ones and I think there is my problem..I guess some areas are getting more tan than others duh :)

But I would like to thank you all for your help and advice..I'll let you know how it goes x

I have been using Nouvatan for over 1 year and never found this, I alway get told it lasts for ages 10 day most of the time.

Latest posts

Back