Now I have a name, I need a tagline!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red

Reaction score
As the title suggests...........!

My biz name is Dollface Nails & Beauty (having a job thinking
up anything more original than "nails & beauty"!!! Open to suggestions??!) but now I need a tagline.......and for this geeks, I am stumped.

So, my little venture is going to be 50s influenced, girlie, glamourous, retro (not decided on colours yet...might end up being pink and black)....etcetc. At the moment I think I am heading for a "shesadollface.com" website as none of the obvious as available. So I'm wondering if I should try and incorporate this into my tagline....any of you lovely geeks have an ideas to help me? Because my head hurts with thinking up names etc now! I've got a bandname think up too....perhaps that will need a thread for ideas too!

Any help and ideas would be fab!

Thanks geeks! X

Last edited:
Define "beauty." What else are you offering? 3s always work well. "Nails, something and something!"

There's nothing wrong with just making it obvious and to the point. Taglines that try to be too clever are basically pointless. A tagline should only be used if it's helping people to understand what your business does (sounds like you were aiming for this anyway).

Oh, and your business idea sounds really good by the way :hug:

Doll face nails and beauty... Where beauty comes to life. X i always contribute but im rubbish sorry x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Doll face nails and beauty... Where beauty comes to life. X i always contribute but im rubbish sorry x

Don't be sorry! Any contributions are good! I might end up going with something simple and to the point!

At the moment I'm doing nails and tanning, and eventually eyelashes, make up, waxing etcetc. When I can afford to...

How about

. . . more than just a pretty face?

. . . not just a pretty face?

Just running with the silly ideas in my head... Lol

Doll face nails and beauty .... We'll make you look better than barbie!

Choose Doll face nails and beauty .... Because who wants to look plastic.

Doll face nails and beauty .... Your more than just a plastic face to us.

Doll face nails and beauty .... We don't create dollies we inspire beauty.

Doll face nails and beauty ... Coz who needs another plastic fantastic.

I am aware some of these May not make sense lol ... But was throwing my thought process out there so you can improve on them xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

How about

. . . more than just a pretty face?

. . . not just a pretty face?

Just running with the silly ideas in my head... Lol

Doll face nails and beauty .... We'll make you look better than barbie!

Choose Doll face nails and beauty .... Because who wants to look plastic.

Doll face nails and beauty .... Your more than just a plastic face to us.

Doll face nails and beauty .... We don't create dollies we inspire beauty.

Doll face nails and beauty ... Coz who needs another plastic fantastic.

I am aware some of these May not make sense lol ... But was throwing my thought process out there so you can improve on them xx

I like all of your ideas....including your plastic dollies etc Lashesinwonder!!!!!! Def something for me to get going with.....! :cool:

I had a similar thread going on a couple of weeks ago.

Mines The Luna Beauty Room, so I wrote down every word to do with the moon, solar system, the sky etc. I even put moon into wikipedia for more words.

Once you have a list of words and some ideas from here it will eventually just cone to you.

I went with 'Illuminate Your World'.

To start you off...

Porcelain
Dress up
House
Expression
Painted
Play time
Pretty
Timeless (dolls never age)!

That's it for now, but I love the earlier post about 'beauty brought to life'

Good luck!

I had a similar thread going on a couple of weeks ago.

Mines The Luna Beauty Room, so I wrote down every word to do with the moon, solar system, the sky etc. I even put moon into wikipedia for more words.

Once you have a list of words and some ideas from here it will eventually just cone to you.

I went with 'Illuminate Your World'.

To start you off...

Porcelain
Dress up
House
Expression
Painted
Play time
Pretty
Timeless (dolls never age)!

That's it for now, but I love the earlier post about 'beauty brought to life'

Good luck!

Thanks hun, I shall get brainstorming. I too like the "beauty bought to life" one... simple and to the point... and would work well with Dollface...

How about Dollface nails and beauty, one step closer to perfection

Dollface nails and Beauty, for all your beauty needs

Louise :) x

Love this one- would rep u but not sure how on iPhone x

my band name and my business are the same but just in different languagues (and funnily enough there's a red theme!!)

my band is scarlett and unas escarlata for my beauty business. We use the same font for both, makes designing easier and also helps with brand recognition once you've been going a while......

xx

I have to say when I saw the title I first thought, why an earth is she wanting a Moroccan cooking pot!! :eek:

Not the best start for a newbie like me.

What about: When Rockstar meets Monroe or Where Rockstar meets rockabilly

I am going to have a think....... I may be some time! :confused:

Hi,

I am thinking do you want to be able to get a wide range of clients or just retro inspired ones?

If you want both, what about something along the lines of;

'Inspired by the past, with the best of the present'?

With a tagline like above you should be able to attract clients who love the retro thing, but also clients who want the most up to date products available...it would widen your client base...just an idea. x

Hi,

I am thinking do you want to be able to get a wide range of clients or just retro inspired ones?

With a tagline like above you should be able to attract clients who love the retro thing, but also clients who want the most up to date products available...it would widen your client base...just an idea. x

Oooh i like this concept :) good thinking x

Hi,

I like it!! I was just going to post something similar!! :wink2:

Hi,

A wide range of clients.... hopefully!!!! And i love your idea!!! Just the kind of thing i'm after! Thank you!

my band name and my business are the same but just in different languagues (and funnily enough there's a red theme!!)

my band is scarlett and unas escarlata for my beauty business. We use the same font for both, makes designing easier and also helps with brand recognition once you've been going a while......

xx

I def like the idea of that. Although the crazy names my bass player has been coming up with I don't think will translate into any beauty-wise! Makes me sound more like a cheap stripper!!! Urgh!! I was wanting to go for something containing Lil' Red band-wise but someone on the same scene already has that...(she;s not little, nor has Red hair!!!! Grrrr!) then i thought about Ruby Red and the somethings... (Ruby Red's was also on my biz name list) then my mind just gave up....!!!!! This defo calls for a new thread for band name ideas!

Latest posts

Back