nsi and Creative

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melanie390

Reaction score
hi guys
im a bit confused here dont know why, when i learned to do acrylic nails in 2002 i was taught nsi products then had to put my mobile career on hold for a while, now ive started back up in college doing a beauty therapy course just about to finish level 1 and start the level 2 nail route in sept.
Whats confusing me is the college im learning at did nsi in 2002 and has now started on the creative products, but ive been ringing around a few local salons to see if anyone in my area does creative and they all said no they do nsi as its popular and one of the best, if that is the case i cant understand why my college has gone from nsi to creative, when there is no one doing creative only my college. When i mentioned it to my tutor she said creative are kinder to the nail than nsi, i have nsi products in my house but when i go in sept i have to buy creative, but im still confused!!! can anyone help me understand this a bit better thanks.
Melanie:confused:

I've trained with both, think both are great, customer support is great from both too. What it comes down to from me is the product I'm most comfortable working with.
However if everyone around you is offering the same product, then I would offer something different.
You will have both these products and if you get a client who is really insistent on one over the other, unlike your competitors you will have a choice to offer.

Every tech has their preferences but the above did make me chuckle a bit (which I suppose is just my preference :) )

*EDIT: Finally found what I was looking for :)

CND (Creative Nail Design) sweep Nail Magazine 2008 Readers Choice Awards again with 10 First Places!

Liquid & Powder System: Retention+ Liquid won first place
Base Coat: Stickey won first place
Cuticle Treatment: SolarOil won first place
Disinfection/Sanitation: ScrubFresh won first place
Forms: Performance Forms won first place
Gel or Light System: Brisa Gel System won first place
Lotion for Hands and Body: Scentsations Lotion won first place
Manicure System: SpaManicure won first place
Pedicure Product or System: SpaPedicure won first place
Tip: Velocity Tips won first place

HTHs

Last edited:
hi guys
im a bit confused here dont know why, when i learned to do acrylic nails in 2002 i was taught nsi products then had to put my mobile career on hold for a while, now ive started back up in college doing a beauty therapy course just about to finish level 1 and start the level 2 nail route in sept.
Whats confusing me is the college im learning at did nsi in 2002 and has now started on the creative products, but ive been ringing around a few local salons to see if anyone in my area does creative and they all said no they do nsi as its popular and one of the best, if that is the case i cant understand why my college has gone from nsi to creative, when there is no one doing creative only my college. When i mentioned it to my tutor she said creative are kinder to the nail than nsi, i have nsi products in my house but when i go in sept i have to buy creative, but im still confused!!! can anyone help me understand this a bit better thanks.
Melanie:confused:

Ill give you my opinion, as someone who changed from NSI to CND.

The above statement is correct, NSI is popular and ONE of the higher end products, but its also cleverly marketed as being alot cheaper than CND, (actually when you cost it out there isn't alot of difference), therefore affordable to more technicians.

Since re-training with CND I am using far LESS product and am not purchasing primers, line outs and other products that just aren't necessary. I am also charging for products that are added extras instead of giving them (and my time) away for free.

NSI still teach you to etch (although they have changed the wording to buff or something similar) with a 180 grit file, instead of removing the shine with a 240 educated by CND. So in that respect, yes it is kinder to the natural nail. I don't believe the actual products will make a difference but the way you are trained certainly will.

There are certainly a lot of technicians using NSI products, in fact I have seen a huge increase in numbers in the last couple of years. The problem being though, that the training they received isnt particularly good (and i'm talking from experience), and it really doesn't matter how good the products are, if the training isn't up to standard.

If your tutor at college educates you to the standard of other CND educators, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Hth's

Very well said Lisa:hug: x

hi lisa,
thanks for that message how you explained that to me as made me understand it a bit more than what my tutor has said, what im going to do is buy the cnd products ready for level 2 and then like you say its how you apply the products which is important so im ready to give them ago, someone did mention to me that you can apply nsi on one client and cnd on another, i hope that would work out, but myself i think it would be better sticking to one product only so theres no confusing, plus wouldnt buying too different products cost more, im happy to buy my new products ready for level 2 and give it a go if i ike it i shall stick with cnd thanks again
mel

CND rocks :lol:
i have used and trained in both and CND for me is the better of the 2 in all ways,

just one point, if you have products from 2002 they will be no good now, they have a shelf life,
if you use your old nsi products you are going to experience service breakdown which will do your confidence no good at all :hug:

I trained with NSI at college and then swapped to entity and have also had a training day with youngs which was really good ( I sound like a right product tart lol ) I have recently converted to brisa gel and Creative L & P and am really pleased with all of their products from tips/adhesive etc. The education is great :hug:

Hi Loubylou,
Yes when i first started with nsi in 2002 i did have their products it was one of their fast set acylic powders that i had in my kit from college, but i had too throw it away after a while when i went on hold, the last lot of products i bought was nsi attraction acrylic but as i said in my first message ive nearly finished beauty in college, the attraction acrylic is starting to go the same way as the acrylic in my college where its going from shelf life, i think it was around this time last year i may have bought the attraction products but i guess your going to tell me i should leave them and wait until i get the cnd ready for sept and try those ones.

Hi Lucydog77,
You have had a few products havent you lol, i may sound a bit thick here but ive got to ask what does L & P stand for this has been bugging me on here for ages but didnt want to ask as felt a right prat lol

L&P stands for Liquid & Powder:)

Latest posts

Back