NSI Attraction Pink & Whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BodyAngels

Reaction score
Lovely...they are very nice..I would have liked to see a before picture...

Lovely...they are very nice..I would have liked to see a before picture...

Thankyou. I know, a picture would have been good as she had 5-6 weeks growth.
Claire x

they look lovely.:)
nice shape and length,overall well balanced nails.
ive just been practicing my pink and whites am im useless do you have any tips for me as i also use nsi attraction thanks.x

You did a beautiful job! :)

nice job...well done bodyangels!!

they look lovely.:)
nice shape and length,overall well balanced nails.
ive just been practicing my pink and whites am im useless do you have any tips for me as i also use nsi attraction thanks.x

I don't know if all products are this way, but trying to master attraction is sooooo difficult. I do the smiles and some I manage to get right first time, but others I have to go over to get them right. I was lucky with this client as she has lovely shaped, long nail beds.
Did you see those competition nails in the recent Guild mag (April) on page 45? Wow, now they are worth striving for.
What are you struggling with exactly? Although to be honest I've seen your picci album and they are worth being proud of. Look very good to me.
Have you used NSI Technailcolors? They are easier to use as they take longer to set and are easier to manipulate.
Claire x

If you really do not mind a critique then I would say this.

These would be really really nice if you hadn't made the classic mistake, that so many do, of putting too much product in zone 2.

The form (or outline) is lovely but the shape (side view) is distorted by a way too thick zone 2 which makes the nail look hippy and zone 3 look thin and weedy. Th slope from zone 2 to the eponychium should look gentle and natural and REAL.

Crack this problem and they would be nearly perfect.

I don't know if all products are this way, but trying to master attraction is sooooo difficult. I do the smiles and some I manage to get right first time, but others I have to go over to get them right. I was lucky with this client as she has lovely shaped, long nail beds.
Did you see those competition nails in the recent Guild mag (April) on page 45? Wow, now they are worth striving for.
What are you struggling with exactly? Although to be honest I've seen your picci album and they are worth being proud of. Look very good to me.
Have you used NSI Technailcolors? They are easier to use as they take longer to set and are easier to manipulate.
Claire x
i have got the technailcolours but i havent used them for this.i think its partly gettting my mix ratio right to then be able to work the white better .sometimes i can get it right but most of the time i dont.i know i just need to keep practicing but i just wanted to check incase you knew something i didnt:lol:.
i have just bought a new brush which i must say has made things much better for me with l&p.so fingers crossed.
thanks.xx

If you really do not mind a critique then I would say this.

These would be really really nice if you hadn't made the classic mistake, that so many do, of putting too much product in zone 2.

The form (or outline) is lovely but the shape (side view) is distorted by a way too thick zone 2 which makes the nail look hippy and zone 3 look thin and weedy. Th slope from zone 2 to the eponychium should look gentle and natural and REAL.

Crack this problem and they would be nearly perfect.

Thankyou for that, you are absolutely right. I just need to crack getting the right amount on my brush but I suppose this comes with practise.
Thanks everybody for your comments.
Claire x

i have got the technailcolours but i havent used them for this.i think its partly gettting my mix ratio right to then be able to work the white better .sometimes i can get it right but most of the time i dont.i know i just need to keep practicing but i just wanted to check incase you knew something i didnt:lol:.
i have just bought a new brush which i must say has made things much better for me with l&p.so fingers crossed.
thanks.xx

Well my problem with the white was that I couldn't seem to get the right consistency and the product would be over wet and would run as soon as I put it onto the nail and/or one of the sidewalls would be too thick with white product. This was because I kept following the same procedure as I had been shown and didn't wipe my brush after dipping the brush in monomer. It was therefore always too wet. Now I wipe the brush at least once before putting it into the white to remove some of the monomer and when I set it onto the nail, I wait for it to change in texture (a couple of seconds) then pat it to one side, before then patting it to the other side.
Two other tips that I have gotten off here is NOT to wipe my brush on paper after placing the white on the nail or the white will dry too quickly whilst you are trying to manipulate it and the other trick is, once you have patted the white over to one edge, the excess must be patted over with the rest of the white to the other edge. That way, you won't have one side bulkier than the other. These may be obvious to most people, but weren't to me.
Also, you can get a free DVD from NSI called 'beyond the basics' which is very handy and goes through Acrylic, Gel & Nail art. Just ring them up and ask for one.
I hope this is of some help.
Claire x

You've done a good job....:D

Well my problem with the white was that I couldn't seem to get the right consistency and the product would be over wet and would run as soon as I put it onto the nail and/or one of the sidewalls would be too thick with white product. This was because I kept following the same procedure as I had been shown and didn't wipe my brush after dipping the brush in monomer. It was therefore always too wet. Now I wipe the brush at least once before putting it into the white to remove some of the monomer and when I set it onto the nail, I wait for it to change in texture (a couple of seconds) then pat it to one side, before then patting it to the other side.
Two other tips that I have gotten off here is NOT to wipe my brush on paper after placing the white on the nail or the white will dry too quickly whilst you are trying to manipulate it and the other trick is, once you have patted the white over to one edge, the excess must be patted over with the rest of the white to the other edge. That way, you won't have one side bulkier than the other. These may be obvious to most people, but weren't to me.
Also, you can get a free DVD from NSI called 'beyond the basics' which is very handy and goes through Acrylic, Gel & Nail art. Just ring them up and ask for one.
I hope this is of some help.
Claire x
yes thankyou claire.
i have both of there dvds and they ae both great.
by the sounds of it im havi g the same problems you were so i will try what you said.thanks again.xx

Hey, for A) doing a rebalance and B) on someone elses work; they are lovely..you need to check your shape and length of each nail and also the depth of the whites. personally I do not rebalance, I feel its a waste of time and money for the client and we mostly work over old acrylic and buffing can cause damage to the natural nail, so its far more cost effective to client and technician to fast soak and reapply wraps or tips. It works for me anyway.

I think you should be proud of those but always look to be better

Lotsluv and luck George x:hug:

Latest posts

Back