NSS Exposed in Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdskora

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know tonight on Austalian TV a show called today tonight is doing a story on NNS..
Carl (nailzoo) has let us know on the australian nail site but i thought you might all like to know that finally someone is taking a stand here in australia....

I am not sure if any of you are lucky enough to have world wide tv but if you do turn in..

Carl says it is going to be good.... I can't wait...

just thought i would share
Mel

Hi, I saw this advertised on telly last week and was waiting in anticipation over the weekend, then waiting waiting for the segment to come on and I missed it!!! Did you happen to see it? I've been on line, but can't find it there either... Was it any good? So miffed it missed it...

I don't get Today Tonight wher I am, how was it?

Hi girls...
You wont be able to see it on line for a day or so..
Carl is going to post a link i think... well that was what i read from teh nail tips web site..
it was a good segment.... Mindy H was on there letting people know about all the bad stuff.. there was a podiatrist on there too tellign people what he has seen... a scientist that did testing on the liquid that they bought at a local supplier.... when they went back they had taken it all off the shelf....
I am srue that someone will put it on youtube at some stage...
hopefully people will be more aware of these NSS and go somewhere proffesional ..

Morning everyone
Watched the show last night. Great story. Mindy is our president of the APFA here in Australia.
Karen GNB Salon Supplies is a salon supplier here. She was the one who got the MMA and was also interviewed. Not sure who the others were.
Everyone did a great job, we are so proud of Mindy and Karen on nailtips.
Should be a link on youtube, like all other Today Tonight shows.:)
Have a great day everyone

I am such a newbie...what is NNS please?:confused:

It is nss which is Non Standard salon I think. Hope this helps. xxx

Morning everyone

Go to youtube and search for toxic nails the show is on there now

Morning
These are the nail bars that we have so many of in Australia.They are not trained, they use MMA and shared files etc. They are usually run by asians, they do not speak to clients they talk between themselves. Their prices are so cheap, it makes it hard for us to make money.

Hello Maxine
I'm Lisa and I work for Karen @ GNB, not sure if we have met before so next time you come in let me know who you are Hun.

I haven't watched the show yet as I was out straight from work but I set the foxtel IQ to record it. I was there when they were filming and Karen did so well bless her.
Karen is very passionate about this industry and really wants to see this banned MMA out of salons. She is also ,dare I say it, anal about hygene and not double dipping LOL.
Karen does give alot of really good advice, she has really helped me get to grips with the differences between here and the UK (hygene requirments, insurance and such) and has been a god send offering me one day a week (lost confidence to work as a therapist here in Oz) at first and then 3 days a week in the shop as we are so busy. Its good as it keeps me in the industry I love and Karen helps me with my acrylic application and checks what I do and gives me help and advice, I have got so much better and have alot more confidence.

Can't wait to see the show later

Right better get back to work before I get the sack LOL

Hi Lisa
I have been in a few times and missed you. I have spoken to you on the phone. Karen is such a beautiful and warm and friendly person with a huge kind heart, there is not a mean bone in her body. She has so much passion for our indusrty. I had the great pleasure of sitting in on a demo day at college with her - she is amazing, she really knows her stuff. I have seen the letters that she has written abut hygiene, MMA etc. I can not see anyone shutting her up. You are so lucky to work with her. Did yu know she was begged to do a few days as a trainer at the college. I will make sure I do come in and see you. I know you will learn so much from her. Watch the show on you tube she looks gorgeous and as always so professional.
I dont think she could sac you Lisa, she would never get a good night sleep again if she saced any of the lovely staff at GNB.:)
Max

Thanks for the link Karen. That gorgeous person is Karen Peppercorn owner of GNB Salon Supplies here in Sydney Australia www.gnb.com.au

It was great viewing, they left quite a bit out (a little confusing for the public, feet.fingers,feet,fingers ) ..... but it's a step in the right direction and should raise some questions and doubts with the consumers.

Yeh, they interviewed Karen and Mindy for 3 hours each. They always cut those things to the s--t house. They were a few mistakes from the reporter as well. This is the first time that MMA has been mentioned on TV here in Australia. Those ladies are so brave to show their feet on TV poor buggers.:cry:

Thought that was great viewing - and a over 7 minutes long - far longer than the exposure it gets in this country.

Its actually about the 3rd time this kind of stuff has been shown here in AUS, .....Marie Alexander was a very hard working President also and laid the foundations for all we see now.

Mindy (as the now president of the APFA) is doing a fabulous (if not tireless job) of sorting these guys out (without personal gain).

She is a real trouper and it's great to see she has some support from suppliers like Karen,
...... (as well as us other Aussies).

There was quite some effort went into that story behind the scenes.

:grr:Getting so frustrated, would love to watch it , but it keeps pausing.

I really wish this would be on TV in UK.

One lady saw my price list and said "yours are too expensive, I always have full set for £15"

Please realize, not "The cheaper, the better".

Very interesting viewing from Oz regarding MMA

Phyllis Starkey MP from Milton Keynes, is trying to bring in stronger licencing for nail bars and would like to hear feedback from anyone who has experienced health problems from using one. Please contact her via email [email protected]

Latest posts

Back