Numbing Spray - Lidocaine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone use no scream cream??

Don't know what no scream cream is,,,,,if it's a numbing cream there is a few different ones out there.
If it's what a dentist uses it just mean that's it's oral use???????
If your not sure and want answers ask at the chemist.
I'm always forgetting the cream I recommend I did have a box of it,,, but I just send the clients to the chemist and it's amazing that the chemist know exactly what my clients want,,, yes they tell them that the beauty therapist has mentioned about a numbing cream for electrolysis and what do you know the chemist gives them the cream.
I haven't seen it in a spray thou but deffo worth asking at the chemist and I highly recommend to try this it does help and we all know how painful somethings are and if there was something that helps.
By the way the cream is not 100%painfree that's properly why you can get it over the counter by it does help,,,,,I have had clients it tears with the electrolysis having it on the lip and once I've mentioned about the cream next time I see them once used the cream they say how much better it is,, not as painful.

electolysis on the lip, flashbacks nasty, the pain of that!!

I went to the chemist today and the cream is EMLA as someone has already mentioned. Its £5.10 for a 5g tube-its tiny and would need quite a few for the back. We are going to get some and try it out. It might be worth paying that if it dulls the pain significantly.

go to relaxnwax.com

will someone tell me the difference

i know the ingredients differ

lidocaine is this one in this cream the one on the web i mentioned is benzocaine

anybody know??

They are both local anaesthetics, but lidocaine is more potent and in large quantities requires a prescription.
Im off to find the cheapest in a reasonably large quantity.
x

are they both equally as numbing, please let me know what you find misspink
xx

They are both local anaesthetics, but lidocaine is more potent and in large quantities requires a prescription.
Im off to find the cheapest in a reasonably large quantity.
x

there is a reason it requires a prescription! bear this in mind X

I do appreciate what your saying, but I am not going to go and buy 10 tubes of EMLA and just hope for the best, and if the 'flippant' comment was in reference to me that is exactly what I am not doing by asking the question on here. If I was being flippant I would have just gone and brought it and slapped it on willy-nilly!
You say that you never said you wouldnt recommend it, then you went and said its not appropriate, so what do you mean?
Also, it has been stated that the cream /spray is to be used in small quantities which is what I will be doing, as we wont be doing the whole back at the same time, so in this case surely it will be ok, and if he does have any adverse reaction /s we will discontinue using the product.

Diasyl i was referring to Rockateer saying that you wouldn't be recommemding it to clients.
It's like everything in small amounts is fine.
It's like all forms of medicine ask a doctor or the chemist they can give you the best advice.

I think the majority of ppl replying to this thread have mentioned how they intended to use it for personal use and not on paying clients!!

if the flippant remark you speak of in ur post .....

"It is about managing those risks and some of the replies in this thread have demonstrated a very flippant attitude towards that. Which only serves to demonstrate a lack of knowledge. Sorry - but it does!"

is aimed at my
"jesus this is amazing news I LOVE YOU SALON GEEK!!!!!"

then i ask you to reread one of my comments where i clearly state -

"i too am deligted to have learned of this product, do not intend to recommned it to clients but for personal use"

Can i also say that yes in fact you are right it shows "lack of knowledge", this is why i responded to this thread to LEARN!
I am not a nurse, i do not, nor have an interest in becoming more clinical than my job allows- i work in a cosmetic laser clinic in dublin city centre, the majority of my collegues are nurses, doctor's dentists, but I still have an interest in learning new possibilities to minimise pain in th beauty industry in my own waxing sessions personally or indeed to ask others what they think of similar beauty targeted aids to pain free waxing ie. no scream cream

This forum may come across in a flippant manner as we are chatting amongst ourselves, i can assure you my cheeriness "i love you salon geek" is certainly not the way in which i address my clients !!

I do love the idea of placing a cool cloth on the localised area prior to waxing...i do this /used to do this after a treatment to confuse and calm the sensory nerve endings, help with any redness, irritation or inflammation!
clients loved it
But daisyl, would you suggest doing this before the treatment even begins??
see- im learning!!!
Thanks !
xx

To be honest I think this thread had been taken all out of context. This may be a site for questions relating to paying customers, but sometimes people do ask questions for personal information.
You may be a nurse daisyl and for that I take on board your comments regarding a cold compress, but you still do not give a reason as to why this cream/spray will not be effective!
If it is only meant for small areas, where is the harm in waxing the back in small areas at a time?
Also, I think your previous comment to rockateer-who like me is interested in the comments was slightly rude-even with a cleverly placed kiss at the end.

daisyl i am calm, have placed a cold compress on my brow, thanks for your concern

Michelle, if it is for ur hubby then its between you and him as we both said by page 1 of this post! Good luck with whatever you decide for your PERSONAL selves!

best of luck with it, i dont envy him , the poor sod!

LOTS OF KISSES FOR ALL

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Its friday !!!

You may be a nurse daisyl and for that I take on board your comments regarding a cold compress, but you still do not give a reason as to why this cream/spray will not be effective!

Again - too superficial! Meaning - not penetrative enough for waxing.

this is a genuine q- how is it thats its too superficial for waxing but not for electrolysis?
does this mean it would help in laser hair removal?
not saying im going to use it just wondering !

although in laser the heat is a guideline
again im just asking

this is a genuine q- how is it thats its too superficial for waxing but not for electrolysis?
does this mean it would help in laser hair removal?
not saying im going to use it just wondering !

although in laser the heat is a guideline
again im just asking

you have to weigh up the treatment as a whole against using topicals. In the case of electrolysis - emla (or any other - but emla is not prescription) is only being applied over a relatively small area, so would be more indicated, however, as I said before, the anaesthetic effect is still minimal because it will not penetrate furher then superficial epidermal. Personally I would not bother with it. But from a client perspective, may be enough to also have a placebo effect (in that reassurance something is being used can also be as effective) I perform dental block if for instance I am injecting lips because topicals just do not offer enough relief.

So for something like waxing (even small areas), I would say forget it. Particularly in the case of lidocaine sprays because these can be harmful.

Ice tx as a compress (ice pack, or other) has been proven to be as effective for short term relief. So, for electrolysis, this would be just as beneficial pre treatment as well as post.

You may have your own ideas - or disagree. X

But there is no harm trying it??????
We all know that everyone feels things different and for some people this cream DOES work.
If someone wants to try it for their back then that's up to them,,,,,
My lack of knowledge for the elma cream or other numbing creams that is out there,,, is based on the facts that it works,,,, I would recommend any products like this as it makes my clients more comfortable with having electroylsis on the lip. If they find waxing painful I recommend to take paracetamol about 30 minutes before as again this helps.
THE CREAM IS NOT 100% PAINFREE. But like I have said is does help.
It would be intersting to see what your husband has to say!!!!!!!

What I would suggest is applying a cold compress immediately prior to waxing. Often I do this for botox procedures for instance.

Do you mean post waxing rather than prior as wouldn't this close the follicles? or does it not? :hug:

Daisyl said post waxing so before you wax,,,,,
think the idea is if you place the cold compress on the area for a while then it has a numbing affect,,, but in reality it does close the follicles so it makes it more painful to wax as it's harder because of the coldness to the skin it coools the wax quicker so your more likely to get the wax struck on the skin,,,the cold compress is better after you have waxed to cool the skin down.

and lidocaine prior

JOKE

Latest posts

Back