Offering a Client for Christmas Lunch and her Accepting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
One of my customers is coming to our house for Christmas Lunch....

I have only known this customer for about 4 months. She is by far one of the nicest ladies you could wish to meet.

She is in her late 60's I believe and has family but mentioned that she may be alone this Christmas after having no invites from her daughters / sons and them not responding to her when she told them she was going to be alone. I felt awful and ashamed on behalf of her offspring. How can anyone allow their family members to be alone at such a special family time.

So I said I would not let her spend Christmas alone and that if she could not find anywhere to go she should call me and come to us. We don't have kids but have my parents and siblings coming to us on Christmas day. She smiled and said that was sweet but I insisted that if she came to me in the New year and told me she'd spent Christmas alone I would be really annoyed! She hugged me and said she would see what she could arrange. This was over a month ago as she was about to fly off for a four week holiday in Tunisia.

Yesterday I got a phone call from her saying she was back etc. I asked what she had planned for Christmas and she said she would like to come to us. I am so pleased she has accepted as I would have been mortified to later find out she was alone. She truly is a lovely lady and lets face it no one deserves to spend Christmas alone!

My partner is more than happy with whats happening, he knows how soft I am and if he is honest he is just as bad lol...

Got me thinking from a business point of view though, that it is not the most professional thing to do is it lol... Still in the name of Christmas spirit I am sure it will be a fabulous day ;)

If you're happy, she's happy and you're family is happy then who cares how professional it is! How lovely that you're spreading a little bit of Christmas spirit.

I for one hope you have a very happy Christmas....you deserve to!

thats one of the nicest things i have read in a while, thinking of elderly people on their own is awful and im sure you have made this ladies christmas. shame on her family though.

I hope yo all have a lovely christmas day and santa brings you something lovely for being such a nice person.

Merry Christmas.

Aww thanks guys...

We will have a wonderful day I am sure and I know she will fit right in with my family we are all fairly laid back and Christmas Spirited :) x

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas too!

Last edited:
that is awesome!!!! its what Christmas is all about, you should be extremely proud of yourself xx

Well done you. That's exactly what I would have done if I'd been in the same position. In my opinion the industry we work in needs a compassionate approach and i always try to treat others as I would want to be treated.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas x

Its not unprofessional its a truly lovely example of how kindness should be extended at this time of year. Well done you, merry christmas.
:lol:

Aww that is a lovely thing to do :) don't feel unprofessional though it's a really sweet idea and more people should be as kind as you x

Hope you have a lovely Xmas x x

Awww bless u hun, that is a lovely thing to do!

Some peoples children amaze me!

Xx

Awww bless u hun, that is a lovely thing to do!

Some peoples children amaze me!

Xx

Ha trust me my mum wouldnt have her mum here for xmas if she paid her, people may seem lovely over a nail table but in real life totally different.

What youv done is sweet though, iv got my hairdresser coming here because her family live in america so i insisted! Xx

Sent from my X10i

What a lovely gesture on your part, I hope you have a wonderful day

Its not unprofessional its a truly lovely example of how kindness should be extended at this time of year. Well done you, merry christmas.
:lol:

This.

Yes very kind, we have had our elderly neighbour every Christmas for past 8 years or so, she even comes to our parents if we there for Christmas as she on her own :)

Ha trust me my mum wouldnt have her mum here for xmas if she paid her, people may seem lovely over a nail table but in real life totally different.

What youv done is sweet though, iv got my hairdresser coming here because her family live in america so i insisted! Xx

Sent from my X10i

I know what your saying but she regularly takes her daughters shopping and is always telling me about holidays they have all had together so they clearly get along. They just told her they don't have space!

Anyway their loss is our gain :) I am really looking forward to Christmas - especially as I don't have work again til Tuesday!

Good for you, I have done exactly the same thing! 1 of my clients lost her husband at Christmas 2 years ago and her son isn't coming over until Tuesday with her Grandchild so she is coming to us for her tea tomorrow after seeing her cousin for lunch. Wouldn't have it any other way. Enjoy!

That made me cry. See there are good people in the world. Merry Christmas x

If every person in the world could have even half of your kindness the world would be perfect!
A wonderful thing to do for her. It's this time of year my heart turns over thinking about the young homeless girl I seen, freezing had Athena which gets worse in cold and nowhere to go. I felt so bad for her I went to primark, bought a fleece and a waterproof coat and hat for her, went to McDonald's for a coffee and meal to take for her. Dont think I've ever been hugged with that much gratitude in my life.
I know I can't put her up at mine or help her much, but that little thing and I know she's that bit warmer and dryer this winter x

If every person in the world could have even half of your kindness the world would be perfect!
A wonderful thing to do for her. It's this time of year my heart turns over thinking about the young homeless girl I seen, freezing had Athena which gets worse in cold and nowhere to go. I felt so bad for her I went to primark, bought a fleece and a waterproof coat and hat for her, went to McDonald's for a coffee and meal to take for her. Dont think I've ever been hugged with that much gratitude in my life.
I know I can't put her up at mine or help her much, but that little thing and I know she's that bit warmer and dryer this winter x

Oh Tomme thats so very very sweet of you! Bless your heart x Have an amazing Christmas xxxx

I went shopping for a christmas gift for my customer today, cannot have her sat whilst we all unwrap gifts so bought her a few bits to unwrap x So excited!

Merry Christmas to all of you and thank you for all your help this year xxx

awww thats sooo sweet id do the same...yea fair enough you have to be proffesional but when its these kind of circumstances you have to draw the line...and who reaaallly says you have to be proffesional outside of work anyway!!!hope you have a great christmas!!!:)xx

Latest posts

Back