Oh dear, what do you think of this salon's name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted this on my work facebook and someone suggested it could be "Pretty Butch" :lol:

It just goes to show how pathetic our government and councils are rather then looking at the ''real issues in uk'' that are happening such as poverty in uk youth unempolyment, cuts to public services,job losses ,inflation, economy at nearly 0.%, tax and vat charges ,not caring for our vunerable community nagging on about us paying a deafacit and then affording to put on the olympics and the list goes on and here they are digging out a salon i never knew existed to just pick on its quality of marketing the government its deffonatly out of touch with moral birtain:rolleyes:

i'd say it would alienate a lot of people. i wouldn't be attracted to it myself as a client .
i'd imagine their clientele would be young.

anyway their phone is going to be hopping now with all this free advertising ..whether that translates into a steady , regular client base or just curious, transient people is another thing.

good luck to them.

I love how brave it is! In a quiet countryside village with lots of prim and proper women (if you know the type I mean!) it would be out of place. To me it suggests its where the trend setters go, the girls with the best tan nails etc that no one will admit they are jealous of! 'express' suggests you aren't kept waiting, ideal for women with busy lives. Thats just me tho! On the flip side I wouldn't want my kids seeing it and repeating the name!

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Well, they say any publicity is good publicity......

Anyway I will be booking an appointment when I'm in the area. Elsie, my mini-Schnauzer, could do with a little pampering.

I think it's fine, and I'd it were my salon I wouldn't have the * in the name. It probably is for the younger market, but I can't see a problem with that, there's a lot of fashion shops aimed at the younger generation who have more disposable income due to not having a mortgage or bills to keep their life going.
I remember fhi flat irons coming out, the name on the box originally was "f*uckin hot init" aimed at the younger market and the people who count afford ghd flat irons. Too many prudish people and parents caused the name change I think.

Of the salon was called super slutty looks I think it may be a bit much, but at the end of the day, bitch is just the official name fr a female canine, and is written and displayed openly in pet shops, vets, pet clothes shops, and the like. People got over it then and should now, also the town should be tankful they have a business in that unit rather than it be left empty and make the area look bad xoxo

"I think it's fine, and I'd it were my salon I wouldn't have the * in the name"

It'd be classed as offensive language if you did that- it'd be taken down sharpish! It's not just a name for a female dog is it? it's obviously got other connotations.

Like "Bitch", "Bastard" is a legitimate english word that has different meanings- and if you had that on a sign, people would go mad.

I'm not sure how being a bitch is a good thing anyway? how come lots of people revel in being known as one these days?

Well, they say any publicity is good publicity......

Anyway I will be booking an appointment when I'm in the area. Elsie, my mini-Schnauzer, could do with a little pampering.

that's the first thing that came to my mind, it's a dog grooming place.

Personally I don't like it. I'm not offended, but I wouldn't go in there.

Why would women be happy to refer to themselves or others as "bitches"?

Not my cuppa tea at all. Women have a hard enough time with things as it is without needing to resort to disrespectful names for themselves. What's on their treatment menu - the "c" word?

I wouldnt use it myself but I like it, it's quirky and miles apart from the usual salon names and flowery/butterfly/scroll type marketing/advertising. Its obviously aimed at a particular market and builds on the fcuk concept, which seems to have gone ok!
I agree I can't imagine it works for everyone but it stands out and like others have said its got them a lot of free publicity and it's generating discussion....

Not sure I think it needs to be written in full, an asterisk is just f*ne

I agree with whoever else said it's a bit aggressive. it's not me but if it works for them then fine. Each to their own x

Its not my cup of tea but I'm not offended by it. I love their styling, its not ambiguous and their target market it clear, my 18 year old daughter wouldn't be put off and it seems that's who they are trying to attract.

I like the name, wouldn't put me off... Although I'm sure my Grandma wouldn't agree ;) xx

It just goes to show how pathetic our government and councils are rather then looking at the ''real issues in uk'' that are happening such as poverty in uk youth unempolyment, cuts to public services,job losses ,inflation, economy at nearly 0.%, tax and vat charges ,not caring for our vunerable community nagging on about us paying a deafacit and then affording to put on the olympics and the list goes on and here they are digging out a salon i never knew existed to just pick on its quality of marketing the government its deffonatly out of touch with moral birtain:rolleyes:

Well said!

I'm tempted to find their number & ring it to see how they answer! Haha

I think it's a really good name! (just my opinion lol!) x

They maybe on salon geek- who knows!
I hope they do well! X

Is the * in place of an A, I, O or U ?

The local councillors really should have better things to do.

I have had similar problems to this, with my local council regarding another business.

Going on my experience. Probably no formal complaints to the council, and if there is, they will most likely be anonymous!

I quite like it actually. There are so many companies using the b-word in their names/marketing etc (there's a wine here call Bitch - straight out, no funny spelling) and it sells like crazy. I think this salon is marketing to the more unique and younger gals and I would imagine doing very well. I'm not offended and would certainly give it a shot if I heard that their services were good.

Latest posts

Back